+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: God of War vs. God of War: II

Otaku Ritoru-chan may be famous one day Ritoru-chan may be famous one day
    Thanks

God of War vs. God of War: II

My boyfriend and I just recently rented "God of War II" for the PS2 and I was wondering in comparison to the first God of War, which did you think was better? I've never actually played the first one but I demoed the second one and we ended up renting it in the future. As of right now, even though I'm not the one physically playing the game, I like what I see. Lots of fighting and sweet attacks (I have a bit of a violent streak to me lol).
    "You know what the trouble about real life is? There's no danger music." -- The Cable Guy
    Photography | @Twitter | Website

Otaku ~momoko~ may be famous one day ~momoko~ may be famous one day ~momoko~'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: God of War vs. God of War: II

God of War is absolutely one of my favorite games. You should definitely play the first GOW (to see what triggered it all) since the second installment to me serves just a continuation to the storyline (it's a trilogy after all) of the game still I liked both pretty much the same.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

The first one was new and fresh, was a solid game and a bit longer then the second. It would be hard for a sequel to ever surpass the original given a sequel loses that original concept aspect. Since it stayed on the PS2 basically GOWII is a continuation of the first with improvements on the minor problems with the first…while the game is a tad bit shorter it is, in terms of sequels or originals, still 10’s. The game is for mature audiences so beware if that is an issue for you. To me the game was just as good as the first and you REALLY SHOULD PLAY BOTH!

Otaku Ritoru-chan may be famous one day Ritoru-chan may be famous one day
    Thanks

Hm, I've heard that a lot of people say that GOWII is better than GOW. As for the "mature audience" part of the game - I'm TOTALLY all for it *laughs* I love beating the crap out of random people (like I said.. I have a violent streak to me).
    "You know what the trouble about real life is? There's no danger music." -- The Cable Guy
    Photography | @Twitter | Website

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Just don't expect to love the boss battles too much in the first one, all three of them. They were ok, but one of them I didn't quite enjoy. I'll let you play it rather than talk about it. Enjoy, it's still a great game.

Anyways, the first was better to me for story, but the second had better battles. That about sums it up.
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

Newbie EmoNinja666 is off to a good start EmoNinja666's Avatar
    Thanks

God of war 1 was much better then ghod of war 2 i found. the second one had a sucking story line unlike the first.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

I remember when the first installment came out; I was excited. The screen shots were impressive, but then, I came across some reviews, including my friends' own perspectives, only to find that some ugly junk is in it. By "ugly", I don't mean all that gore and violence, which I don't mind, but something else... All those who played it must know what I am implying. However, I have never given it a try myself, so I would refuse to formulate any sort of generalizations and assumptions.. Just the same, I don't intend to take chances and get my heart dirty.

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

god of war one for the ps2 was mindblowing. like back then, the grafix were ahead of its time, and as an RPG game, it ranked higher than no other. the gameplay was solid, and the most important thing is that it did not get tiring cuz of all the different aproaches you could have taken to so many things
    God of War II is practically removed of all the bad faults from the first game (major thumbs up) and even improves on the original's mechanics in a number of small and subtle ways. For example, you can now drop down walls while scaling them so that you have quick movement, which i love to escape the baddies with too bad i rented it for a week, i wanna play it again SO BADLY!

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast