Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Good Ninja Games for the PS2

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Good Ninja Games for the PS2

hey, what IS a good ninja-type game for the PS2? im kinda getting tired of rasenganing ppl in unstealthy orange jumpsuits, if you get what i am saying.

is that Red Ninja: end of honor game any good? what are som other good ones? i like MGS games, but they have guns. i was going for something with swords...

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Good Ninja Games for the PS2

Ninja Gaiden has always been a good ninja type series. If you're more into just swordplay in general, you may want to try out the Prince of Persia series as well, he's not a ninja, but he's definately got the moves of one.

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

Isn't that Ninja Gaiden on the PS3? How's Shinobi for the PS2 though, any good? I played a demo and it was cool, but I can't reccomend it on that alone.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Ninja games for the PS2!? Hmmmm...I can only come up with a VERY short list off the top of my head. Shinobi, Red Ninja, I-Ninja (was it?) and Nightshade. I know theres a few more...just cant remember the titles.

Ninja Gaiden is a DEFINITE MUST!! Only problem, not available on the PS2. Nintendo? Yes. Xbox? Yes. PS3? Yes. PS2? NOOOOOO~~~~~

Too bad. XP

...and out of the games I mentioned, I've only played Shinobi. Honestly, not that great. I'm not saying it was bad, its just that I didnt like it. It really doesnt cost much at all now so if you're willing give it a try. If you can get it for anywhere around $15 than its a decent addition for your ninja game collection.

The gameplay was ok. Not too complicated once you get the hang of it. Personally I had troubles running on the walls. Game graphics...ok, during gameplay it was ok, Cut-in-scenes? Pretty good. ^^ As for voiceovers, not too sure. I went with the Japanese language (as I do in all games the option is available)
    Last edited by Shinku no kage; Jul 05, 2007 at 06:37 PM.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Thanks

i had a bad experience with prince of persia games... dammit it makes me so mad..

anyway, i think my friend said on was really good, like it had 2player battles and such. it might have been nightshade, but i donno.

btw about ninja gaiden...i gots the ROMS yo. thats right, the O.G. (original, my shortcut) i love it... XD

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Accessible for the PS2:
    Tenchu (PS) : Goooood stuff, classic

Tenchu 2 (PS) : My fave! Why? MAP EDITOR!!! WHOO!! NONSTOP FUN FOR YOUR FRIENDS TO TORTURE! (If it's not fun, you don't have good imagination)

Tenchu Wrath of Heaven (PS2) : Really fun with the multiplayer and plays off well with the story. Still same-esque stealth action with all new moves.

Tenchu Twin Shadows (I think that was the name) (PS2) : =_= Highly disappointing... it's okay at most. If you don't mind it, then it's fun.

Red Ninja (PS2) : REALLY COOL! If you wanted Tenchu but with more style, this is your game! It feels a bit too mission-based, though... only one or two paths to choose from, basically... but it's really cool! Highly recommend. Warning: Not for newbies, the game is more exciting the better you are with hand and eye coordination.

Shinobi (PS2) : Ever wanted to play a ninja game in a VERY arcade-like fashion?! This is your game. Only one path (or two, but both still lead to the same thing) and power ups and cool attacks. This was made for those who like the more movie-based ninjas. Spectacular and fun.

Anything Naruto: .... *COUGH* Ninjas? Psh yeah right. As Abu puts it: "More like kids who fight in the day time"
    The games are okay, but they stole too much from other games that it bothers me. Ever played Power Stone? Yeah, like it TOTALLY wasn't stolen from that. ... other than that version, they shouldn't really be considered "ninja" games as they have nothing to do with stealth nor how ninjas were viewed through "Chinese Theatre" or related to the Muslim Assassins...
    And if you don't resemble any of those, it shouldn't be considered ninja for a game genre.

Thanks

yes, i like the show but the ninjas in naruto arent very ninja-like.

i just hope i can find some of these games in a gamestore, as i shy away from buying things online. seems that if you want to find a game, it has to bee really new or about a year or so old.

Otaku Donkey Kong Champion boldragon may be famous one day boldragon may be famous one day boldragon's Avatar
    Thanks

how about otogi
    Its pretty fun and hard at the same time!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast