+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto 4

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Grand Theft Auto 4

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    I personally can't stand GTA or anything glorifying gangs. Don’t get me wrong, I happen to like rap but like I said as long as it doesn’t glorify gangs, but I have a very good reason why. MY FRIEND WAS KIDNAPPED, RAPED, AND KILLED BY A GANG!! So every time I hear anything glorifying gangs, music, games, what ever, I always think back to her... And it hurts.
    Nah man I don't think this game has anything to do with gangs, well I think but I did see some previews of gangs on GTA 4, besides not everything has to do with glorifying gangs, gangs are stupid this days now, back then it was awesome, but now, its stupid. why? I'll come up with another topic about that, but lets stay on topic with GTA 4. and....sorry to hear about your friend.

Newbie Young Wolf is off to a good start Young Wolf's Avatar
    Thanks

i want to but it too because i saw the graphics for when you get drunk and its awesome
    fear me
    i am lycan other kin

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

*Soshi Kitai says ( I forgot to log out of Abu's profile... oops. ):
    Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai
    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    I personally can't stand GTA or anything glorifying gangs. Don’t get me wrong, I happen to like rap but like I said as long as it doesn’t glorify gangs, but I have a very good reason why. MY FRIEND WAS KIDNAPPED, RAPED, AND KILLED BY A GANG!! So every time I hear anything glorifying gangs, music, games, what ever, I always think back to her... And it hurts.
    Naw naw naw. What you're probably talking about is disorganized gangs. Which are a perverse version of what they used to be. (Back then ::WAY BACK THEN:: , disorganized gangs PROTECTED the neighborhood, they KILLED drug dealers, and helped people around their area... nowadays, they've become just the opposite)
    GTA4, like GTA3, GTA2, GTA, GTA: Europe, and Vice City never encouraged those kinds of gangs.
    Only San Andreas encouraged those kinds of gangs.

The problem is with games like GTA3 and UP, people don't really look at the rather well-written and extremely understandable storyline.
    I admit, some moments are ridiculously insane to do... but the thing is, those are really the moments you CAN'T go to the police to (at least in certain areas where you find more corrupt cops than criminals)... so they try to make the main character not so much the person you should strive to be, but what would happen if you ended up on the wrong side of the fence.
    If people paid attention to the storyline, claims against video games causing violence would seem more of a joke.
    (and besides, most studies prove that video games DON'T cause violence)

As for me, I'm getting the game.

... and don't associate rap with gangs, it only encourages them. Rap wasn't always for gangs.
    (Soshi Kitai: When will they bring back the DELETE option??? O_o I keep having to type these things up because I can't delete them anymore)

Otaku Muffin is off to a good start
    Thanks

And so Rockstar did create another GTA game that'll be pretty similar to the other's, but people will still say it's new and fresh. Parents and Old People will complain that Rockstar is poisoning the minds of children, who never noticed the large 18 sigul on the front cover and so the game will become more popular.

Yeah, GTA3 was fun and differant and I enjoyed where it took the game. Vice City also had it's little perks that could be called enjoyable; especially the 80's setting; but San Andreas was just a complete load of crap! It was just the same old recycled stuff with some differant rendering. I'm not really too bothered about GTA4 and will probablly never own it!
    Baldrick, you wouldn't see a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a Harpsichord sining "Subtle plans are here again!"

Otaku Byaku Guy is off to a good start Byaku Guy's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that the GTA series is fine, but its what the programmers put in that makes the game controversial. It'll be interesting to see what they put in GTA4 that makes it racy.
    This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    And so Rockstar did create another GTA game that'll be pretty similar to the other's, but people will still say it's new and fresh. Parents and Old People will complain that Rockstar is poisoning the minds of children, who never noticed the large 18 sigul on the front cover and so the game will become more popular.

Yeah, GTA3 was fun and differant and I enjoyed where it took the game. Vice City also had it's little perks that could be called enjoyable; especially the 80's setting; but San Andreas was just a complete load of crap! It was just the same old recycled stuff with some differant rendering. I'm not really too bothered about GTA4 and will probablly never own it!
    *sigh* So... GTA Vice City had a LARGE selection of clothes with muscle and fat building? So GTA 3 had a large amount of cars that could be highly modded with more than 2 competitions for them? So other GTAs had the ability to get gang members to follow you and fight for territory?
    And what about the storyline? And the small things?
    Yeah, San Andreas may have taken ideas from the other GTAs and polished them up a bit, but that was the beauty of it: All those options from other GTAs mixed into one, with a new storyline, and a few other new things.
    Heck if you liked one GTA and played it through the end and caused chaos in the cities: You'd LOVE to see a new place, a new face, a new car, a new gun! You'd love to hear a new voice, a new radio station, a new sound effect! You'd love to do new missions, face new gangs, run through new car-chases, add a new mod to a car, and experience a new danger!

San Andreas was just as good as the rest, and just like the ones before it: Better than the last.
    (as for its popularity, it was due to the environment that many of us within Southern Cali were used to, and felt a lot more real and not so much dramatic like the others)

And besides, Vice and San were created to calm down GTA fans from running a riot that GTA4 wasn't coming out soon. And it's true, I was with GTA fans when we heard that GTA4 was NOT going to come out within the next years! It held so much promises (especially online), then all of a sudden, they ripped it in front of our eyes! Yeah... so... the "quickies" of Vice City, San Andreas, Liberty City Stories, and Vice City Stories were there to pacify us.

GTA4 is following the same rules as GTA3. Simple, and new.
    Where Vice City and San Andreas aimed for polishing and surprisingly good storylines and dialogue... GTA4, is as simple and new as it number suggests.
    GTA, GTA: UK, GTA2, GTA3, GTA VC, GTA SA, GTA LCS, GTA VCS, and now GTA4.
    Of all those, GTA, GTA2, GTA3, and GTA4 are as simple and new as they get. (The rest are dabbed with spices and flavors to make it "SEEM" new)

So... if you don't like the whole "kinda' new" feel, then you HAVE TO GET GTA4! It's back to the basics, with a REAL NEW feel.

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, like i'm not "Getting" it but at the same time I'll be playing every week since my friend will have it and since its based in NY my home town, imma buy a place in my old hood in the BRONX! hehehehehehehehe!

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jokerman For This Useful Post:

Grimm Akumu (Apr 17, 2008)

Otaku Muffin is off to a good start
    Thanks

@ Soshi Kitai: Well I just gave my view on GTA4 based on my past experiances from the other games within the series. IMO, GTA3 was a huge step-up from the original's. The problem is I found VC and SA tedious because under all the 'New' stuff, it was the same old recycled gameplay, but we were offered so much more that it didn't deliver.

I'm not saying that GTA4 will be a terrible game, I just haven't caught onto the hype and probablly wont buy the game. You don't need to get worked up jsu becaused I voiced my opinion that was anti-GTA.
    Baldrick, you wouldn't see a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a Harpsichord sining "Subtle plans are here again!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast