+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Great concerts, surviving in them

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Great concerts, surviving in them

Ok, searched for this topic and didn't find anything and neither can I remember anything like this.

Anyways, yesterday I had the experience of my life- I went to a damn crazy concert (Marilyn Manson) and there I learned something new (to me) and I just decided to bring it up here.

So, I met a few guys, which, before the start of the concert started to creep me out with talks about how dangerous it can be, I thought they are completely mad- how dangerous can it be! If I don't ask fro trouble, I don't get in it. I didn't realise I was in the epicentre of trouble- the first lines!!!!

And then it started.
    First came fight-like puching- a few guys and a girl were pushing each other and throwing themselves at the crowd. I mean- if they would at least push and throw themselves in rythm!!!! This is not that hard to fight- I just put my hand out prtecting myself and my sister and just stood still...
    Then, the real star came on! And of course everyone wanted to be closer and so we got squished to the stage barrier. Not a nice feeling at all.
    But that isn't all- next you get swinging and pushing, the crowd is by some uncontrolable strenght pushed to the left and to the right. Sooner or later pushing you down on the floor.
    That was when I decided I have to get lost if I want to live Besides I could enjoy Manson from afar, he's very charicmatic...

So anyways, enough with the chit-chat!:
    What is your experience in concerts? Any crazy stories?
    Any suggestions in keeping yourself alive (appart from moving away from the oh so loved first lines)?
    Or maybe you don't even agree that it is dangerous at all (you must be either really strong)?

Also:
    Do you go to concerts much? Why not?
    Do you think concerts are a good place to meet new people?
    What do you think is the greatest performer ever?

And anything else conected to concerts you would like to share. ^^
    Last edited by aceman67; Dec 09, 2007 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Use text colors people can ACTUALLY read next time...

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Newbie firstborn is off to a good start firstborn's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Great concerts, surviving in them

well . . . I have been to a few concerts and I have found that the easyest way for me not to get hurt is to just go crazy. You'll probably find me as one of the leaders of a circle mosh or other such activities . I'm a fairly big guy so that works well for me, but I don't know about anyone else.

Now as for concert stories go one of my favorites was when I when to the Rob Zombie concert with some cheap $40 balcony tickets. I was a little disapointed with the spot but I would take it. It turnes out though, that my best friend (who I won't name) was working head of security there, and so I started talking to him jokingly telling him that I would pay him if he could get me a floor pass. But aperantly he took me seriously and for thirty bucks he went and grabed a floor pass for me! It was a kick ass show with awsome pyrotechnics. Now I am eternaly in his debt for this favor!
    See now the game is historically inaccurate, because unlike feudal Japan, modern day France does not have any flying demonic stingrays. . . well, hardly any.

Otaku LEtters Champion, PopWord Champion, Alphabet Soup Champion, Baby Destruction Champion bellocanlver is off to a good start
    Thanks

Lol When i went to the Breaking Benjamin concert i got elbowed 10 times, picked up once, hugged by a total stranger once and i got punched in the face a couple of times, it was worth it Being in a concert is not safe..but its lots of fun! I dont go to concerts much bcuz im a very busy person My favorite performer would b Green Day!

Thanks

lol ^^ Fun!!! It seems I got through very well, much better that bellocanlver

Firstborn you would get such an evil look from me and some punches if I met you in a concert. Or... If you're big and strong enough and I would get the chance- I would parasite on your back!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!! Two good things- I'm away from the fdanger and I'm closer to the star!!!!!!! YEA!!!

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

*shrudders* yuck... concerts... waste of time and money... you can hear and watch them in radio and television.. why bother and go through all... this...

First came fight-like puching- a few guys and a girl were pushing each other and throwing themselves at the crowd.
    we got squished
    next you get swinging and pushing, the crowd is by some uncontrolable strenght pushed to the left and to the right. Sooner or later pushing you down on the floor
    whats the point of getting near to a star... i mean.. he is just a person.. who can sing or dance or... what ever.. i dont see the point of going through all that just so we can be "closer" *shrugs shoulder*

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Thanks

Well it's not ment to be understood by some people. I go to concerts because I want to see how good the peopl really are, how charismatic, how good they can sing etc. It's one thing to write a record, another thing is to sing in life, for an hour or something... (and the concert recordings ussually are really low quiatliy) It is the final test for a singer to gain my total apriciation of their art. I really like to criticise therefore, if I really like something, I must see also how they perform in life.

Besides, the music in concerts is so loud, it just rocks your soul out! Especially the quitar (and I love the quitar) it's just so great!!!!! Almost like having sex... lol ^^ jk

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

It is the final test for a singer to gain my total apriciation of their art. I really like to criticise therefore, if I really like something, I must see also how they perform in life.
    well i dont need to be there to criticise them.. the records are good enough for me

Besides, the music in concerts is so loud, it just rocks your soul out! Especially the quitar (and I love the quitar) it's just so great!!!!! Almost like having sex...
    don't tell me you had sex with a guitarist...

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

I go to concerts a lot...........
    The best and last concerts I went to was project revolution at Wachovia Center in Philadelphia and it featured Linkin Park........that concerts was amazing.....
    i had so much fin singing and screaming and just letting go.........
    With the whole pushing problem............I never had a problem with that....i just find a flow and go with it......
    Concerts rock my socks!!!!!!1
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast