+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Guitar Hero getting old

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Guitar Hero getting old

Quote Originally Posted by Redsquire View Post
    I've got it. I'll fix everything.

Rock Star: Ballads.

-Waves hands, metaphysically imagining this awesome idea in the shops-
    Nah, what'll fix everything is if kids bragged about being good on REAL INSTRUMENTS.

It's a GAME, people. You use it to have fun. It doesn't do anything.

Otaku Redsquire is off to a good start
    Bonnie Scotland, under a bridge. Och aye. ~<3
    Thanks

Question Re: Guitar Hero getting old

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    Nah, what'll fix everything is if kids bragged about being good on REAL INSTRUMENTS.

It's a GAME, people. You use it to have fun. It doesn't do anything.
    Mm. I agree. It's just another addition to the entire plethora that Wii and the other consoles are bringing out, and it'll eventually die down just like the rest have, or will. It'll be a nice thing while it lasts though, and I suppose it'll always be fun to go back onto it every now and again and play it.

I think it'll eventually go the same way as like, Dance-dance-revolution and all that other stuff. I suspect it'll eventually end up in some "retro" genre years from now. xD

My name ish Steph! -Poses as cape flaps in wind- DX
    -=::/ Tanshin Art Studio \::=-

Otaku Animal Keeper Champion, RefleX v1.2 Champion CBtay01 is off to a good start CBtay01's Avatar
    California.. when on Vacation under ur bed
    Thanks

Mm. I agree. It's just another addition to the entire plethora that Wii and the other consoles are bringing out, and it'll eventually die down just like the rest have, or will. It'll be a nice thing while it lasts though, and I suppose it'll always be fun to go back onto it every now and again and play it.

I think it'll eventually go the same way as like, Dance-dance-revolution and all that other stuff. I suspect it'll eventually end up in some "retro" genre years from now. xD
    well i am in 4 bands and i really do play bass and guitar but its not every thing and sometimes kids just so happen to be into video games something that they can be good at in a short time with no lessons or tune ups on the games like you would need for instraments

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Everyone can be good at games, it just depends on what game, and how long it takes them.

But the thing is, games don't do anything.
    You don't perform Guitar Hero or Rock Band in front of your family to bring music to their ears - they can get a CD, mp3 player, or a record to do that for them. Afterall 99&#37; of the music you'll be playing from those games they've already heard of.

Guitar Hero / Rock Band's only fun for those who are playing. People may act like they're enjoying watching others play, but in reality they're mostly thinking "When are they gonna' be done? I want my turn!".

So if it doesn't please those who are watching - why brag?

You can brag doing the coolest headshot in an FPS, because it was just awesome for others to see - but it doesn't make you a greater person in real life.
    In fact, there's rarely anything worth bragging about in video games, because so few entertain an audience!

Oh sure you can feel proud, you can feel glad, and "IN YO FACE!"... but bragging about it to the world doesn't do anything except for make others want to compete against it.
    And competition is all well and good, but being good at hand-eye-coordination is nothing to brag about until you put it to GOOD USE. >_>

Here's a few genres YOU CAN AND ALWAYS HAVE A CHANCE TO BRAG ABOUT:

FPS games - because awesome shots / deaths always entertain crowds.
    - but bragging to be the best in it just means you're a d****ebag.

Music Creation games - because you're making music for people to listen to.
    - it's not about being better, it's about the music.

DDR - being awful at this game gives you a right to brag. Because it's hilarious to see someone do awful at this game.
    - bragging to be great at this game just makes you waste time not learning how to really dance.
    - no one enjoys watching pros at DDR, they only enjoy it if they do actual dancing.

Card / Board games - being awful at these games gives you a right to brag. Because bad luck always counts as a good story.
    - bragging to be good at card/board games just makes you healthy competition.

Game / Level Creator games - because you're making stages for people to PLAY in.
    - you can be proud of giving someone a good time.

Sports games - you can only brag if you made an amazing gameplan. Because it surprises people.
    - bragging to be good at sports games only makes me question why you're not playing real sports.

.... Guitar Hero / Rock Band? No. No bragging rights.
    It just means you're really good at timing colors on a screen with the plastic buttons on your plastic instrument that doesn't make any noise when the TV's off.
    Being an amazing Guitar Hero player doesn't entertain people... again: people can just listen to a CD.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CBtay01 View Post
    well i am in 4 bands and i really do play bass and guitar but its not every thing and sometimes kids just so happen to be into video games something that they can be good at in a short time with no lessons or tune ups on the games like you would need for instraments
    Weellllll~ like I said earlier, I haven't actually played this game yet. Out of sheer uninterest perhaps, I don't know. I own a very hippie-style acoustic. It has a dreamcatcher hanging from it. I VAGUELY play music from it, and I'll freely admit I'm always still learning. If I had more time on my hands when I'm not tearing my hair out from stress, I might be learning more, but yeah.

So I cant really vouch either way for whether Guitar Hero is easier than playing a real guitar or not, if thats what you meant. : O Because I just haven't really played it in all honesty. I know, however, that it takes TIME to learn to play the REAL thing. ^_^

.... Which reminds me, I need to buy some new strings for mine. -__-;;

Otaku cojoe5 is off to a good start
    Thanks

Guitar Hero is still a good game but now that they are coming out with Guitar Hero: Metallica with the double drum peddles will be really good but how many people will really even play it?
    Assistant Commander *Master Ninja*

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cojoe5 View Post
    Guitar Hero is still a good game but now that they are coming out with Guitar Hero: Metallica with the double drum peddles will be really good but how many people will really even play it?
    Not me. ;o; Most probably. -Sigh- I hope they dont start basing games off of different bands and stuff just to have new versions/sequels. ;__; -Sniffle-

Otaku Animal Keeper Champion, RefleX v1.2 Champion CBtay01 is off to a good start CBtay01's Avatar
    California.. when on Vacation under ur bed
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cojoe5 View Post
    i know i most certainly will get it but really thats ony me i know of so far none of my friends want to get it just because they dont want anouther set and guitar clogging the game room we set up

Not me. ;o; Most probably. -Sigh- I hope they dont start basing games off of different bands and stuff just to have new versions/sequels. ;__; -Sniffle-
    i heard that are starting to have it to where you can send in a song and they we GH it for you with all the difficulties and every thing a little much if you ask me
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Mar 18, 2009 at 01:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast