+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guitar Hero: World Tour

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Guitar Hero: World Tour

Neversoft is coming out with the latest Guitar Hero soon, and it looks like they're going all out. World Tour will have no covers, all master recordings, and according to IGN, over 85 songs, as well downloads. They've also seem to have taken notes from Rock Band, because you can get a drumset and microphone for the latest guitar hero. They're finally adding a create-a-rocker, and even a custom song program where you can write your own guitar and drum parts.

It looks like Guitar Hero is dethroning Rock Band, but how well do you all think Guitar Hero World Tour is going to fair? Anyone as pumped as I am for it's release?

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Guitar Hero: World Tour

Rockband 2 will blow GH WT out of the water because of just one feature: Cross-Game Downloadable Content, meaning your DLC from RB will work in RB2, and vise versa.

Rockband has always had better music anyways.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

yeah I heard about rock band's cross game feature, but that makes me wonder how many people will really want to waste the extra money for 2 if you can already buy quite a few songs for 1 still. Besides the cross game feature, rock band 2 is pretty much a clone game. And I don't know, I've found that if rock band didn't have downloadable content, I'd say Guitar Hero's playlists are a lot better. and for 360 and PS3 GH 3 can download songs, so I'd say GH has a better playlist. Not to say either playlist is perfect, if you really want to enjoy yourself you'll get rock band and guitar hero.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Why? World Tour mode on Xbox live (or PS3 netowork). Something that wasn't in the First Game. That and the set list is looking to be pretty sweet.

And last I checked, on the xbox live market place, there's over 180 songs for downloading (not to mention the Albums that are avliable), and more are added every week.

Otaku Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish's Avatar
    Thanks

i'm just waiting for the track listing for GH WT to release. the songs from GH3 were so much better than all the other guitar heros combined. i also like that they recruited some real drummers to help make the drum set for the game. meaning it should be more realistic compared to rock band. i hated the drums on rock band. impossible to use unless u destroyed the set. i'm just waiting for a children of bodom song to make an appearance cuz that would be hard as hell. probably nothing like dragonforce but definitely interesting. as for rock band, the original track listing i thought sucked ass. i liked enter sandman, dont fear the reaper, and i think i'm paranoid but other than those i hated it. the addition of the 3 disturbed songs was legendary. i love playing those cuz disturbed is my favorite band. but black hole sun is the worst song ever. it's slow, long and boring. dont care what anybody says. but i guess only time will tell on this story.

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

I've noticed that they have been milking the financial tit of Guitar Hero.

Thanks

umm, duh? Every major franchise does that man, you don't want the milk to spoil, you gotta milk it while it's in its prime. Every concievable franchise I can think of has done that. If it's a hit, run with it. That's the philosphy of this kind of business. Example of that even better than GH or RB is any of nintendo's flagship series, like Mario. You wanna talk about milking the tit, no one does it better than nintendo.

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Well yeah, but I mean it's gotten old really quit, Mario sometimes has different stuff, but otherwise that's getting kind of old too. Like Halo, I don't think they really cared about the third one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast