+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Halo 3 ad. Your thoughts.

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Halo 3 ad. Your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by exderz View Post
    and by the way
     click to show spoiler
    If you read the novels, then you would know that
     click to show spoiler
    so that rumor is also false.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Otaku Fish Hunter 2 Champion, Ice Mania Champion, Pigeon Hunter Champion, Bear & Cat Champion exderz may be famous one day exderz may be famous one day exderz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by False Truth View Post
    If you read the novels, then you would know that
     click to show spoiler
    so that rumor is also false.
    i know, my point is that you can never tell if the game is good or not just by looking at the trailer.

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

That trailer was probably the best game trailer I've ever seen. On one website (gamevideos.com) it was viewed over 300,000 times in under two days.

It's questionable as to weither we'll see the new weapon/shield grenade in the game. Bungie has a history for going back on their word when it comes to Halo. An example would be the Halo 2 demo some people got on their Halo:CE disks, it showed an apocalyptic Earth battle, did we get it? No. Also showed single shot BR, did we get it? No. Also showed Brutes on Earth, did we get it? No. So don't get your hopes up.

Also, just to clear things up, the game "Halo Wars" is a new Real Time Strategy game (i.e. Age of Empirers) and is exclusive for the Xbox 360. Not PC, not PS3, Xbox 360. Which is projected to come out sometime in 2007 and the new Halo FPS games' name is still "Halo 3", the Halo Wars name is meant to replace naught. And Halo 3 will be the last Halo FPS. This has been confirmed by Bungie. Those are the facts.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

to add to that. halo wars is supposed to take place BEFORE the first halo, actually folowing the story all the way to the fall of reach.

and the trailer for this game looks good too, especially at the end when a hundred sprartans get ready to storn a covenant stronghold.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fayt lingod View Post
    to add to that. halo wars is supposed to take place BEFORE the first halo, actually folowing the story all the way to the fall of reach.

and the trailer for this game looks good too, especially at the end when a hundred sprartans get ready to storn a covenant stronghold.
    Yea, Halo Wars does look pretty good. Who would you play as if you had a choice? I would probably play as the Covenant, they look way more badass than humans in the trailer lol. And actually there are only 75 Spartans (but you were close)... according to the books anyway.

Newbie jackpsp may be famous one day jackpsp may be famous one day jackpsp's Avatar
    Thanks

All I have to say is that ad was f***ing sweet!
    oh and here's part of an interview
    Frankie is someone who works for Bungie:
    Konrad: Frankie, is the so-called Shield Grenade a game element?
    Frankie: Nothing in the trailer was placed there by the agency - that is to say, every object and action was put in there with Bungie's consent and usually assets.
    Frankie: Which you have to assume we wouldn't do without good reason, right?
    so yeah most likely the shield grenade will at least be part of the game
    on last thing, the little boy in the begining is rumored to me Master Chief as a kid.
    From the Diprashon of failure comes the strive for Success.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jackpsp View Post
    All I have to say is that ad was f***ing sweet!
    oh and here's part of an interview
    Frankie is someone who works for Bungie:
    Konrad: Frankie, is the so-called Shield Grenade a game element?
    Frankie: Nothing in the trailer was placed there by the agency - that is to say, every object and action was put in there with Bungie's consent and usually assets.
    Frankie: Which you have to assume we wouldn't do without good reason, right?
    so yeah most likely the shield grenade will at least be part of the game
    on last thing, the little boy in the begining is rumored to me Master Chief as a kid.
    Hmm, interesting. Well to add to the "new weapons" in Halo 3 there will be a
    MA5C: A redesigned and improved version of the MA5B, Halo:CE's Assault Rifle. It holds 32 rounds (half of CE's AR) in order to compensate for higher accuracy and more firepower.

Spartan Laser: A shoulder mounted heat beam weapon, it's more accurate than a sniper rifle and more powerful than a rocket launcher. It's used for anti vehicle purporses but can also be used for anti personel. It only carries 3 shots.

Nail Grenade: It has a self explanatory name, a grenade that throws nails instead of shrapnel which is more effective than a fragmentation grenade (standard Halo grenade), but it has yet to be seen if the fragmentation grenade will still be in Halo 3.

Brute Grenade: Probably the most effective grenade, it has spikes outlining it's exterior which latch onto anything it comes into contact with. Walls, vehicles, weapons, people and even energy shields.

Brute Spiker: A dumbed down, dual weildable version of the Brute Shot. Though instead of firing high velocity grenades it shoots red hot steel rods and has a bayonet attatchment for melee.

There will also be an ATV, or four wheeler called the Mongoose. That's all the stuff I know about new weapons and vehicles so far. Also concerning the new grenades, from now on you will only be able to carry two of each type. This means you can carry a maximum of 2 Brute Grenades, 2 Nail Grenades and 2 Plasma Grenades. It has yet to be seen if indeed the shield grenade is included, if it will effect this ratio.

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

i like halo 2 but the guns werent like the previews like the battle rifle, it doenst shoot out one bullet at a time, but still the vehicles i kinda like best because you can smash your opponent to the ground, but halo 3 should have some different ones now hehehe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3