+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Halo Movie. Is it ever going to come out??

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Halo Movie. Is it ever going to come out??

I hope they don't make it personally,even though its very possible. If it happens, they'll need a decent budget for it to stand any kind of chance in the boxoffice and against reviewers. It would probably face a similar fate as Doom and Hitman: mediocre, fan-driven, dissappointing.

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

they will most likely try to make a halo movie but it will probilly be to short or not good in the eyes of the Halo fans. To save themselfs some dignety and money they should most likely not even try to make a movie about Halo...
    death and life are one and the same

Otaku Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln's Avatar
    5 minutes past where the church used to be.
    Thanks

There was a halo movie production started, but it was "indefinitely postponed" because the main $$$ source pulled out.

(If you want a source i'll have to go search for it, fyi)

Otaku katsoyori33 is off to a good start katsoyori33's Avatar
    Thanks

*Ahem!* Um. Well this movie isn't going to 'suck'. Because the Legendary director (pun intended) Peter Jackson hired a guy (Neill Blonkamp) to direct it. Petey will be producing it. AND Wingnut will be behind it all. PLUS Weta Workshop will be doing all the armor and weapons. And if any of you haven't seen the first 8 minutes of the actuall film then SEE it! Otherwise, stop pre-judging the movie!

Meow. :3

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I have seen the first 8min of the film and if the rest of the movie is that good, in the way of acting and effects then it could very well be one of those rare movies based off of a game that is good. My brother and I have been reading up on this thing for a while, the reason why its taking so damn long is because they really want this to work and not do things half assed, which they realized that they needed more money then they expected, simply put because the warthogs are really designed after how they are in the game or as close as possible. Some of you are thinking why that would cost so much, well have you noticed that in the game the Warthogs wheel suspension is separate and on swing arms instead of an axel? That’s why. Making something that complex is not easy to do nor is it cheep. Not to mention that the Human weapons them selves really work like a real gun. So they need the money and a few other things. For those who have saw the first 8min, or those going to, just imagine how intense it will be when they have to fight the flood!!

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

well thats true if you look at eragon... well I do not have to say more... if its good then thats great but it's hard to base a movie off a game that you can do alot of stuff in the game... >.<
    death and life are one and the same

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

There's actual footage available? Any chance of a link?

I'm not saying it'll be garbage or the best thing since sliced bread, I tend to wait until I actually see the movie for myself.

I'm just wondering if they'll base it entirely off the games, or if they'll go off the books. There is a series of books written about the game series, with one set before Halo, another during, a 3rd between Halo & Halo 2 which tells how they got home, & I think there might be a 4th as well. I know the first 3 for sure though, since I've seen all 3 packaged as a boxed set.

If they do it off the books, with each book an individual movie, then that would be awesome. The first book also has the other Spartans in it, finishing just as the Master Chief goes into suspended animation while running from the burning planet. I've snuck a look at it's ending, & it turns out there's something about "The Pillar Of Autumn" you don't see in the game...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

There are five books. Here they are in chronological order. First Contact Harvest (the new book), Fall of Reach, The Flood, UNKNOWN (I dont remember what it was called), and Ghost's of Onix.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2