+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Halo: Reach Beta

Newbie AriesFireAngel is off to a good start AriesFireAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

Halo: Reach Beta

well like many others i committed to the one hour download of beta and played it a pretty good amount last night. has any one else played it? and what are your thoughts on all the changes?

first of all let me say i love the jet packs lol i really didn't think i would but i have to admit its my favorite load out to go in with ^_^ i had to switch my controls back to something closely resembling the regular halo controls, i just couldn't get used to the new default setting.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Halo: Reach Beta

I played it for a couple of hours yesterday before the first server crash. It's pretty good, only having four items now makes it a lil' different, I enjoyed the scout class because I've become a COD player to the point that I almost have to have a run button. Some of the new guns were pretty awesome, especially the sticky grenade launcher, that thing is boss. The new multi-flag capture mode is actually pretty fun too, and assassination's are the frickin' best, hahah.

Thanks

yeah the run button is a BIG plus now. it used to suck when you'd go play a different game like borderlands or COD and then go back to playing halo and all you can think is my god i feel like a snail! lol
    i've yet to get to try the sticky launcher i've been killed by it a few times though so obviously its effective. and the assassination sequences are really fun to watch ^_^
    the jet packs are surprisingly handy when it comes to objective games like odd ball.
    oh and i like that new objective game headhunter. i do awful at it but its always fun to watch skulls come erupting out of peoples heads when you kill them. ^_^

Otaku Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont really care for it. i played for a few hours with some of my friends and it just isnt halo. they made it too much like COD and its rather annoying. i understand they are competing with it as an online FPS but its ridiculous. the things i do like is u can vote on what map and scenario u wanna play and u have the option of choosing none of the above if the ones chosen suck. idk i just dont like the COD aspect of it. its more like that and less like halo.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Frankly Nightwish, if Bungie kept sticking to the same boring formula they've stuck with for halos 1-3+ODST, no one would bother buying reach. I still think it plays a ton like the same ole' boring halo games, but they've spiced it up just enough to keep it interesting. I'm a big fan of COD over Halo pretty much anyday, so for people like me the game has become much more playable.

btw, does the new jetpack feature remind anybody of Tribes at all? Guys in armorsuits flying around with futuristic weapons, I can't shake that vibe from it.

Thanks

i think people would buy halo reach even if they had changed nothing, but yes they probably would get board with it, i like the classic halo set up but you got to face fact if this is going to be the last halo game they are going to do (or at least thats what they say) why not do something different. it can't be worse then ODST right? lol
    besides it adds new levels of difficulty.

do you really think this will be the last one? or do you think they are just BSing to get more hype for what they put out?

Thanks

I honestly doubt this is the last Halo Bungie makes. too much of a cashcow. Now I believe that they may take a break from the Halo franchise for awhile but Halo will not die. I'll bet sometime during the next gen. of consoles we'd see at least one new Halo title. This will probably be the last Halo for 360 though.

+ Reply to Thread