+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Halo Wars

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Halo Wars

Thread idea taken from a friend... (just to give credit where it's due)

Halo Wars - Home

A Halo Real Time Strategy game. Apparently from the same guy who made Age of Empires.

I personally don't understand the concept of a Halo RTS. It's just doesn't seem meant for it. But, we have it anyway, and for the most part, the pics look pretty sweet.

What are your thoughts?

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks
    halo as a strategy game?.. well i guess it would be a bad thing. but well when u think of halo u think of a first player shooter. if it became a strategy game i think it would look similar to star craft honestly. or something along those line.

as for playing it well, i guess it wouldn't be so different from all those other strategy games, i mean in essence they are all the same type of thing.

but i have to admit the cinematic pic look great. so that might make up for it. i wonder what the inplay graphic are goin to look like though.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks
    I saw a trailer for it a few days ago and I must say the graphics are amazing. But changing it from a first person shooter to a strategy games, thats going to be an adjustment for some. Most halo fans just like shooting thats why they play it. Strategy games are about team work and avoiding conflict if possible. I know a few who will not be happy with it. I can't wait for it. It looks amazing and the story should be as well.

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks
    seen the pics n trailer n it looks good tho i wouldnt hold my breathe too much since no other game will ever reach the heights of starcraft again. this is like like tht game alien vs prederator RTS was release on consoles but not on the PC thus tht flopped. it might turn out tht way but who knows, maybe they'll prove the doubters wrong

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by solking View Post
    Most halo fans just like shooting thats why they play it. Strategy games are about team work and avoiding conflict if possible. I know a few who will not be happy with it.
    Now, that's an interesting idea, though. While Halo Fans might be turned off at the idea of a non-FPS game, would you say that some RTS players who haven't play Halo, might jump on the Halo bandwagon?

Otaku macky_516 may be famous one day macky_516 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    i think its possible for it to be a good rts but its really going to be hard to make it worthy of the halo title. not that rts games are primarily worse than FPS but the Halo Legend was created by FPS its not just the outstanding story line but its the expirience of being the master cheif and personally accomplishing all of the great acheivments in the fps game that make it great. an rts takes the feeling of single handedly saving the human race and now ur in charge of an army which has an entire different expirience. i really want to see what can happen but at the same time dont want to see the good name of halo defiled

MICHIERU RULES ALL

Newbie SnakeEyes may be famous one day SnakeEyes may be famous one day SnakeEyes's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think Halo Wars is going to be like the 2nd Halo..ppl will go nuts over it than realize the new halo sux...thats my opinion

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks
    HALO its one of my fav games...
    Im a big RTS games fan so this game is all welcome ^^
    but for wut I saw in the trairler its for the xbox 360... I havent seen many if any RTS games for consoles... all I have to say is that I expect it to come out for the pc... Im still waiting for Halo 2 for the pc >.>
    Ill will buy it.... for the graphic of the trailer... its gonna kickass XD
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast