+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Halo Wars

Newbie Kjølen may be famous one day Kjølen may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Halo was originally supposed to be a real-time strategy for the Macintosh. Many say it takes place in the same universe as the Marathon series for Macs. However, as we know, Bungie was bought up by Microsoft, and they had Bungie adapt Halo for their Xbox. I wouldn't shun a new Halo game from a different perspective.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    ugh, they should stick to what works, I mean a Halo RTS? I'm a Command and Conquer fan, RTS is cool and all, but I don't know if the Halo series can pull it off. Sounds intriguing, but...

I don't know, I guess I'll just have to see how it turns out. I'd watch the trailer, but my computer sucks too much so I'll have to watch it some other time.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks
    Personally I know alot of guys who play Halo and they kick ass just by themselves. But if they get into a CTF game with a few others they aren't worth crap. With this new game they will be forced to work in teams which exploits their one big weakness. This new Halo will piss them off. But I believe it will attract a new crowd though.

Newbie SnakeEyes may be famous one day SnakeEyes may be famous one day SnakeEyes's Avatar
    Thanks
    I agree with solking..most of ppl who arn't good, they would be force to work in teams.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    perhaps that's their goal though, bringing in someone new, someone who's not just a hardcore FPS player. Makes sense I guess, but still...will the new group be as big as the one there is now?

S.E.L - sexy etna lover Baal may be famous one day Baal may be famous one day Baal's Avatar
    Thanks
    I say i would be to turn out great. That if the game would be online it will be better than ACEP. But if they make a halo STG game they should make it big with a lot of weapons monster and a harder lvl better than legendary

perdoname michelle!

Newbie SnakeEyes may be famous one day SnakeEyes may be famous one day SnakeEyes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Better Than Legendary?...are you serious. Thats going to be hard,but i don't think they would change it.

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Many people don't know this but, the original Halo was supposed to be an RTS.

IGN: Halo: The RTS

It was turned into a first person shooter after a while in its development.

The fact that Bungie is actually making an RTS this time isn't bad news, but probably their original vision of what Halo was going to be, finally being realized with this game.

Also, as we all know, a developer trying something different isn't always a bad thing. Blizzard, makers of Starcraft, tried something new...developing an MMORPG using an exisiting franchise known as Warcraft, and they called it the "World of Warcraft". Guess how that turned out to be...

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2