+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Halo3:ODST

Otaku cojoe5 is off to a good start
    Thanks

Halo3:ODST

I am pleased to anounce that a new Halo is coming into veiw....you are a new character simply know to the world as "The Rookiee" so beware.

Let the speculation begin…

1. Release date
    We’ve got the vague time frame of “Fall 2009″, but there are two paths we can go down to get a more specific date. Firstly, there are those who are suggesting that the game will be out on the anniversary of Halo 3’s release (September 25th). But then again, Recon has only been in development for a few months, which is why I’m thinking it’ll be a later release date during November where many blockbuster games are released.

2. Stealth gameplay
    When asked in an interview with EuroGamer about the speculated stealth gameplay Luke Smith and Jake Barrard replied “This is certainly not a Splinter Cell; this is definitely Halo.” However, in the same interview they mentioned that as ODST’s are more vulnerable than Spartans players will have have to take part in combat differently. The inclusion of a silencer on the SMG in the first official trailer for the game also suggests some aspects of stealth.

3. Surprise bonus for Halo 3 owners
    Bungie has plans to provide a bonus (most likely in the form of DLC) to current Halo 3 owners. Unfortunately that’s all we know. Obviously it’ll have to be something non-game breaking so maybe an extra map, or just a theme and some gamer pics. Access to a beta for Halo 3: Recon sounds quite plausible though, so lets hope for that.

4. Multiplayer expansion
    Although Bungie hasn’t said Recon will include new multiplayer modes they explained that they intend to “expand people’s multiplayer experiences”. The obvious response to this is that there will be new maps (already confirmed), and at least a couple of new modes doesn’t seem out of the question. But what else?

Your thoughts?
    Leave a comment on this article and post your speculation on any (of all) these points or even bring up another element of Halo 3: Recon we can speculate on!

Posted in Halo 3 Recon | 11 Comments »

Halo 3: Recon is “On The Spot”
    October 10th, 2008

I just clicked on a banner over at GameSpot.com to their live “On The Spot” show and to my surprise they had Halo 3: Recon listed under “In this episode…”

The show starts at 4pm PT (see what time it is in PT now) which is in about 35 minutes from this post. There are know specifics but the show description says “We’re going to see more on Halo 3: Recon…”

I’ll try to capture the Recon part of the show and then upload it to YouTube for easy viewing. Hopefully that works out, and hopefully there is some actual content about the game.

You can watch live @ GameSpot.com

Update: Okay, the Halo 3: Recon feature just ended and it was simply a video of the discussion Bungie had with a number of sites that I’ve blogged about previously, so nothing really special. Also, I really screwed up the screen capture so unfortunately I can’t include that.

Posted in News | 1 Comment »

Speculation arises from EuroGamer interview
    October 10th, 2008

EuroGamer have done an awesome interview with Brian Jarrard and Luke Smith of Bungie which has raised a number of things to speculate on!

When asked if the character was male Smith replied “We definitely don’t want to talk too much about the ODSTs” - although, judging by the trailer it’s a male.
    Possible “surprise” for people who currently own Halo 3 - most likely in the form of DLC.
    Halo 3: Recon may “expand people’s multiplayer experiences” (in response to a question regarding if there would be more multiplayer modes).
    Price has not been decided but they’re aiming for the game to be “compelling value”.
    The gameplay will be stealthier, but definitely not in the stealth genre - “This is certainly not a Splinter Cell; this is definitely Halo.”
    That’s the best points summarized, but you can read the full interview @ EuroGamer.com

Posted in News | No Comments »

GameSpot sits down with Bungie
    October 10th, 2008

Okay, this is an article surrounding the same discussion as mentioned in the Joystiq sites down with Bungie post, but there are more (and longer) direct quotes for further clarification on a range of points surrounding Halo 3: Recon. It’s a concise, information-packed read, so you should probably check it out.

“In a nutshell, Halo 3 Recon is essentially an expansion, but it is also a standalone retail product,” he said, adding later there are no plans to distribute it as downloadable content. “It will be sold in a box available next fall and will include hours of new campaign content, and an experience from an all new perspective. You will be playing the role of an ODST [Orbital Drop Shock Trooper], and the Master Chief will not be featured in this game in any way.”

You can read the full article @ GameSpot.com

Posted in News | No Comments »

Joystiq sits down with Bungie
    October 10th, 2008

Gaming blog Joystiq has sat down with Bungie’s Luke Smith and Brian Jerrard to discuss Halo 3: Recon, and luckily some common concerns/questions were cleared up:

“It will be a standalone disc sold in stores in boxes next Fall. It’s also going to include some multiplayer maps.”
    “It is a first-person shooter still … It’s not a squad-based shooter.”
    “As an ODST, compared to playing as in invulnerable Spartan, you are going to have to sort of pick and choose your encounters a little bit differently.”
    “It is going to very much feel like Halo. Full feature parity.”
    Although no details on the story were released the article/interview does contain some more specific context for the game and suggests a darker game overall.

Read the full article (and listen to the discussion) @ Joystiq.com

Posted in News | 2 Comments »

Will Halo 3: Recon turn the Halo series around?
    October 9th, 2008
    Don Reisinger of cNet.com has posted an article arguing why Halo 3: Recon is simply attempt to milk the Halo franchise for all it’s worth.

Whilst Reisinger does have some concerns that are fairly common in the entire gaming community he writes “It’ll be the same basic game with a barely-updated design that features a new storyline and a new protagonist that we probably won’t even like”, which is a fairly bold statement seeing as we only have seen a CG trailer and the box art.

However, his final point is fairly legitimate. Reisinger believes that Microsoft should’ve waited longer until they released a new Halo as he says “The golden rule of gaming is to create a wildly popular franchise and let that franchise become more popular while it’s absent from store shelves”. But then again, it’s still a year away, and there are always chances of delays.

[ Read the full article at cNet.com ]

Posted in News | 5 Comments »

Halo 3: Recon Box art
    October 9th, 2008
    There were concerns that Recon may just be a piece of DLC which would hinder its awesomeness, but it has now been confirmed that this is not the case, and we’ve also got a copy of the box art (of course it may change as it is still early days).

Bungie.net : Projects : Halo 3 ODST

only go here if your a true halo fan
    Assistant Commander *Master Ninja*

Otaku Sneakyarrow is off to a good start Sneakyarrow's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Halo3:ODST

I am definitely looking towards this alternate gameplay Halo. I had fun hypothesizing about what was going to happen, when I first saw the Trailer. It is good to know what is happening.

Est Sularis oth Mithas
    Going home soon.

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

The Halo Universe getting another entry? Damn, & I haven't even really played Halo 3 outside a quick instore play through a stage. Looks like I'm definitely gonna have to get a Xbox 360...

The game itself sounds interesting. Looks like I'm gonna have to keep my eyes & ears open about this...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LordCastigator For This Useful Post:

cojoe5 (Jan 23, 2009)

Otaku cojoe5 is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LordCastigator View Post
    The Halo Universe getting another entry? Damn, & I haven't even really played Halo 3 outside a quick instore play through a stage. Looks like I'm definitely gonna have to get a Xbox 360...

The game itself sounds interesting. Looks like I'm gonna have to keep my eyes & ears open about this...

well then i suggest you hurry before it comes out and beat halo 3
    Assistant Commander *Master Ninja*

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Well I have already beaten Halo 1 & 2 on hardest, even had to change my usual technique to do it. Normally I'm pretty aggressive, but at those levels you gotta play like the SAS or Navy Seals...

I'm gonna have a bit more money coming in, so I'll be either able to update my computer or get a 360, so which will it be on so I can, prepare...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

+ Reply to Thread