+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hand-held or console gaming?

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Hand-held or console gaming?

I'm starting to re-evaluate my gaming habits. I've been a console gamer since I was 14 (Sega-Genesis!) and currently own a Wii and a Playstation 2. I've decided not to buy any more consoles for awhile. I just don't use them! I haven't touched either my Wii or my PS2 in over 4 months. I work too much and when I'm not working, I'd rather watch movies or use the computer!

I DO however, have a 2 hour commute every other day and a 13 hour plane ride between myself and the rest of my family back in the states. My Nintendo DS is currently my best friend. I use it constantly.

With the ridiculous prices of Next Gen systems and games: I suspect my consoles will continue to collect dust as I convert more and more to handheld gaming...

I know that Japan is turning toward hand-held gaming en-masse but I hear the US hasn't necesarily warmed to the DS and PSP as much.

How about you? Are you addicted to your handheld or still tethered to your tv?

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Hand-held or console gaming?

Man, I'm going through a fairly similar thing as you tsurara-san...y'know, expect the commute and the plane trip.

As for me, my DS is my friend as well. I just cant seem to commit and sit down in front of the TV and play the PS2, GC, nor my Xbox anymore. I have a HUGE stack of games building up for the last year that I've barely touched. (Nearly 40 game titles I barely touched...thats what happens when you work in a game shop and abuse your discount along with sales!!) Now the DS, I can take that anywhere!! The ride over to the relatives, sitting through a blackout, and so on. Another thing that makes the DS superior over the home consoles is the fact that its not region specific!! I can play imported or store bought JP games with no problem!!!

If I can get financially secure again I'd also like to invest into a PSP...so many games that I'd like on it. (=w=)
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    I've been a console gamer since I was 14 (Sega-Genesis!)
    What no Nintendo ?

Well i would say it all depends on your personal habits and what you an use.If you don't have the time for consoles then hand held gaming would the best pick.If you have spear time console gaming would be best.

But any way i prefer console gaming when i have the time,and i still play my Xbox or ps2 when i feel like it.Hand held gaming to me is just not to interesting in my point of view.Plus what games are on what has allot to with my decision .
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

i say hand held games as you can take it anywhere and save your game anytime you like and what you only need to do is change the battery or recharge it

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

You're not the only one, tsurara. I've been brought up on N64, 'cube, and now the wii, but I've noticed I hardly even use the wii system I have now. Not because of the games, I just simply don't have the time to enjoy them. I got Guitar Hero 3, but what little free time I have hinders me from being able to play it regularly. I can barely pass hard songs.

But my nintendo DS, I have found is very enjoyable, I'm a Mario Kart man. I play it pretty much every day, you can pick up fast, own a couple noobs online(or get owned yourself), and then just down and do something else. I use frequently on long road trips and whatnot as well, it's a blast.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    How about you? Are you addicted to your handheld or still tethered to your tv?
    Handheld all the way! I actually cannot stand consoles. With handhelds, fewer people are barking orders at you ("Jump here!" "Pick that up!" "Don't die!" etc.) and it's a more private thing . . . just you and your game. I love handhelds!!!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I prefer both to be honest! I'm a hardcore gamer, so I have to be able to play whenever I get the urge. I play on my commute to and from work, durnig breaks, when I get home... When don't I play? LOL.

It's just convinient that way. I can keep myself entertained until I find something better to do. I've got many consoles and many handhelds, so I've got variety; and sometimes I play my handhelds when I'm hangin' out with friends. That way, I can keep my gaming skills tight and still socialize with others, without having to leave the room. ^_^ I treat my handhelds just like I treat my consoles. They're equal in my book!

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

I use only my PC, my laptop for gaming... I don't even understand the concept of Nintendo and Wii and stuff, I just don't! bigger screen? Different controls? I don't get what's so great about it, I'm perfectly fine with my computer (while it still worked normal) and it's all in one too...I can play, then exit for a moment and chat, what else do I need? O.o Maybe it's just because of the type of games i play? They simply are made for PCs.

P.s. Sorry if I'm acting like a complete idiot and talking nonsence but I really do not follow the newest technologies, I'm fine with PC though I like the graphics and speed and everything getting better. I know nothing of Nintendo or... anything (when Koga first said "Wii" I thought he's going mad shouting Wii all the time... ^^ lol)

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast