+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hand-held or console gaming?

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Hand-held or console gaming?

Quote Originally Posted by Lasura View Post
    I use only my PC, my laptop for gaming... I don't even understand the concept of Nintendo and Wii and stuff, I just don't! bigger screen? Different controls? I don't get what's so great about it, I'm perfectly fine with my computer (while it still worked normal) and it's all in one too...I can play, then exit for a moment and chat, what else do I need? O.o Maybe it's just because of the type of games i play? They simply are made for PCs.

P.s. Sorry if I'm acting like a complete idiot and talking nonsence but I really do not follow the newest technologies, I'm fine with PC though I like the graphics and speed and everything getting better. I know nothing of Nintendo or... anything (when Koga first said "Wii" I thought he's going mad shouting Wii all the time... ^^ lol)
    I kinda consider the PC as a console--a very advanced console. You can't really take it with you, unless you've got a laptop; but then it goes from console to lap-held. LOL.

I'm a fan of PC games, personally. I still love my consoles and handhelds, but something about PC games just gives me a gamer-gasm, LOL. I play alot of free online MMO games when I get the free time.

I can agree with Lasura when she stated that it's more of an all-in-one deal. It's more convenient than most handhelds and consoles. You can play a game online, but if you wanna quick chat with someone on AIM, you have to drop what you're doin' to do so. With the PC, all you have to do is alt+tab. ^_^

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Well being honest I'm equally addicted to both. Though I spend more time playing my console games, many of them grow boring after I beat the final boss a couple of times over. With my DS, on the other hand, the games never seem to die out after I've beaten them due to the great competition and uniqueness of Wi-Fi. All hail Wi-Fi! It's really what made me choose a DS over a PsP. So, in conclusion, I go with the handhelds. I take them almost everywhere with me. [Hugs DS]
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

it goes back and forth for me, for months at a time, i will not put my DS down! usually i'm playing animal crossing or harvest moon, among many others! but i always carry my DS with me! it's so compact, it's easy to use it as a cell phone and take it with you everywhere. it's also handy for secret talkings in the car!

right now, the cycle is in the Xbox 360 realm, cuz Tenchu Z and Earth Defense Force 2017 are very fun games! a very well built machine if i do say so myself!

the gaming cycle includes PS2 (Okami, Odin Sphere and Growlanser would be my top picks on this system), Wii (Paper Mario, My Sims, Mario Galaxy, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn), and Xbox 360 (Halo 3, Tenchu and EDF). i usually switch consoles every few months. i don't know why... actually, it's becuz i get stuck in one part like really bad, so i move to another game (typically on another console). i am JUST NOW finishing the Fire Emblem that came out for the GameCube i don't know how many years ago! oh crap... i need to finish MGS3...

^_^ anways, so, for now, i prefer console gaming becuz i found a game i like. it will probably move to the DS when i get a game it like.

(As a side note: the game Hannah Montana for the DS sold more copies in December '06, then ALL of the PSP's games PUT TOGETHER in that same month... crazy, huh? oh, and for those who don't know, Hannah Montana = super popular, really sh!tty show person whatever on the Disney Channel)

Newbie hoshi is off to a good start hoshi's Avatar
    Thanks

Since im only 17 now, I grew up with my N64. I've been gaming for a good long time now (sometimes I feel like its to often) but I still enjoy it, back on topic
    I would have to say console games im actually saving for a ps3 =]

just never got into handhelds as much

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

I started on the atari and nintendo now I have a Wii. I love console gaming but as a kid I had a GBC and now have a PSP. So when it comes down to it for me its all about what I'm doing. I love the Wii and its great playable features and uniqe style, but I also love the PSP and many of the RPG's that come out on it. I guess it just depends.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

Otaku Mattness may be famous one day Mattness may be famous one day Mattness's Avatar
    Thanks

Hand-helds are alot more acessable because most games don't require you to play for a long period of time between save points. It is a awsome shift and i think that the DS is one of the best systems around.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

I still have my GBA ^^. I spent most of my youth (long time ago, i was 12 at the time) playing Pokemon games, Metroid, Megaman, and some other games.

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

.....you cant play Halo on a DS or PSP.

however, you cant beat a good battle in Final Fantasy Tactics while riding a bus.

dont get me wrong, i love consoles, and i would love to get ahold of a 360, but, like tsurara said, they cost a lot. im not saying the DS and PSP are dirt cheap, but i think they may get lots of use out of them.

i play my GBA SP just about as much as my PS2.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2