+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: harry potter

Newbie sucks2bu may be famous one day sucks2bu may be famous one day sucks2bu's Avatar
    Thanks

harry potter

who here reads harry. i love the book and have read every 1. i know like 2 people that read them and i love talking to them about there piont of veiw, cause even though we read the same book we all have ower on take on what happend and why it happed, like i think snape is good and he had a reason for doing what he did. also if u read the books, how do u think the moveis compaird to the books. i like the moveis, i dont care that thay cut out so much cause if u r like me when u read the books u make up what thing should look like and its cool to see it all come to life.... i also want to here what u think the last book is gooing to have. harry is not going back to school and i dont want to spoil but u know who is died and harry or voldamort or both, who know, will die. it going 2b 1 wild time and i cant wait till it comes out.
    there's nothing funny about a one eyed bunny

that'll teach the fist person i see

Otaku Sincere may be famous one day Sincere may be famous one day Sincere's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah I like harry potter! I read all the books that are out so far and I'm trying to patiently wait for the next, but the patient part isn't working out very well, lol. Anyway, yeah something keeps nagging at me and telling me Snape is good too. I just can't help it! He's that character that you know you should hate but you just can't!

Yes I saw the movies and it made me mad that they did certain things out of order and didn't even put other parts in there. Like, they could have made the third movie a lot better towards the ending. I thought that was a really important part in the book when they explained everything and they shortened it too much. I still like them though, lol.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Julia\My Documents\My Pictures\Siggy.jpg
    A white rose no longer alone
    I know who's heart it is to represent
    I didn't pick it, but i let it grow
    For he's the one that's heaven sent. :
    I love you, my White Rose.: The Poop Forums

Otaku White_Mage88 may be famous one day White_Mage88 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I love the Harry Potter books. I can't wait for book seven, but I'm sure it's going to be an eternity until it's realeased. The moveis are pretty good. I didn't really much like the third movie though. They took out to much of the story for me.

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks
    I used to love the Harry Potter series, but now I think I may have grown out of it. I'll still purchase the books and DVDs as they come out, but it's more of a "must have the whole collection before I'm satisfied" thing rather than a "love the series" thing.

I've read all the books that've come out so far, as well as the movies, and will continue to do so when the next comes out, but to be honest, it's just the "must finish collection" thing. Ack, bit confusing, but don't you ever feel the need to finish a collection that's already 3/4 of the way done?

Newbie sucks2bu may be famous one day sucks2bu may be famous one day sucks2bu's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mystical shadow angel View Post
    I used to love the Harry Potter series, but now I think I may have grown out of it. I'll still purchase the books and DVDs as they come out, but it's more of a "must have the whole collection before I'm satisfied" thing rather than a "love the series" thing.

I've read all the books that've come out so far, as well as the movies, and will continue to do so when the next comes out, but to be honest, it's just the "must finish collection" thing. Ack, bit confusing, but don't you ever feel the need to finish a collection that's already 3/4 of the way done?
    u can never get to old for harry is entertaining and your never 2 old to be entertained

Quote Originally Posted by Sincere View Post
    Yeah I like harry potter! I read all the books that are out so far and I'm trying to patiently wait for the next, but the patient part isn't working out very well, lol. Anyway, yeah something keeps nagging at me and telling me Snape is good too. I just can't help it! He's that character that you know you should hate but you just can't!

Yes I saw the movies and it made me mad that they did certain things out of order and didn't even put other parts in there. Like, they could have made the third movie a lot better towards the ending. I thought that was a really important part in the book when they explained everything and they shortened it too much. I still like them though, lol.
    well the reason i think Snape is still good is cause Dumbledore trusted him for an unexplained reason and Dumbledore was no fool. i think snape had to do it cause he had a bind with Malfoys mom and if he did not do what he did Malfoy would have been killed by ''i realy almost put orochimaru'' Voldemort. so he did it to protect Malfoy and i cant remember the name of the binding spell but because of the bind if he did not do it he would die if he did not protect Malfoy
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Oct 11, 2006 at 09:36 AM.
    there's nothing funny about a one eyed bunny

that'll teach the fist person i see

Newbie lightningsykes may be famous one day lightningsykes may be famous one day lightningsykes's Avatar
    Thanks
    love harry potter and love the books cant wait till book 7 comes out

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm a fan of Mr. Potter, yesh =) I've read all 6 books, more than twice (Half-Blood Prince [HBP] only 2 1/2 times though) as they're very good books with a nice reread value My favorite book would probably be Prisoner of Azkaban (PoA), though Goblet of Fire (GoF) and HBP had good storylines... Ron's the favorite character because he's brave (contrary to what he seems like in the movies) and funny with realistic fears and faults.

With the movies, I thought GoF was one of the better films out of the four. It was funny, but serious at times, and I didn't mind what they cut. Chamber of Secrets (CoS) dragged on waay to much for my liking and was rather boring. I liked PoA, but it felt kind of short. And then Sorceror's Stone (SS) was overall as good as it was going to get. I haven't seen the first three movies in ages, but from memory, from favorite to least favorite I'd say it's GoF, PoA, SS, CoS.

Gotta say the acting has improved so much with all the stars ^_^ The most noticable for me was Hermione (Emma Watson) because it seemed like she enunciated e-v-e-r-y word ^_^; It wasn't as bad in the forth movie, but I think she overacted in the arguing scene at the end of the Yule Ball - in contrast to Ron (Rupert grint) who seem to under-acted ^^;

Now Snape... I don't know what to believe. Something is telling me that he's still on the good side, while another part of me thinks that he really did play on Dumbledore optimistic attitude. And then another part of me thinks he just may be playing both sides, until he believes one side will win over the other. ^^; Regardless of all that, I have a feeling he's going to die in book 7...
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Otaku MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan's Avatar
    Im not sure but someone get me out of here!
    Thanks
    I agree with sucks2bu. You can never be too old for Harry Potter. I loved all the books and I like the movies. I try to keep the books and movies in two different categories. You just cant compare them. I liked movie three but was dissapointed with GoF. In all the other movies they left out the story and replaced it with movie magic. I was dissapointed in the first three because of this. I thought GoF would be a perfect movie because of all the visually spectacular stuff that happens in the book. The Triwizard tournament was the most important quiditch game and they didnt even show it . There were suppose to be three dragons and we only got to see one in action. Not to mention all the stuff that happens in the maze. I couldnt believe that of all the movies they cheaped out on this one. It was very sad. Oh well. Im not a movie maker so what do I know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast