+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: harry potter

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: harry potter

Wee! The series that began my thirst for books! Harry will always be one of my favorite characters. Even though in the 5th book, he was hormonal and his entire attitude changed.
    Seduced by Flesh

Otaku Pride_Edward may be famous one day Pride_Edward may be famous one day Pride_Edward's Avatar
    Thanks

I love the movie harry potter more than the book...It was more complicated in the book...well,that's my opinion...

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sucks2bu View Post
    well the reason i think Snape is still good is cause Dumbledore trusted him for an unexplained reason and Dumbledore was no fool. i think snape had to do it cause he had a bind with Malfoys mom and if he did not do what he did Malfoy would have been killed by ''i realy almost put orochimaru'' Voldemort. so he did it to protect Malfoy and i cant remember the name of the binding spell but because of the bind if he did not do it he would die if he did not protect Malfoy
    What you said does strike a lot of strong points. It explains a lot, and I think it's the best one I've heard so far about Snape's motives. But, I can't help but remember Dumbledore's reaction with his last encounter with Snape. He seemed desperate and surprised, too, as if he never thought Snape would do such a thing. He had trusted him. On the other hand, Dumbledore doesn't know the thing between Snape and Dracoy's mom, though. He just had his own reasons to trust him, and you're right - Dumbledore is no mere fool.

I've read the series until the sixth book. Although some of the ideas there were not original as I had once thought, I still find J.K. Rowling's writing skills very impressive. The Harry Potter series has that kind of lure that when I read it, I just keep reading on and on straight without having to forced myself to continue, since the urge to continue comes naturally. I especially like the way she placed her plots, how the events and characters are linked to one and another, and finally, how she prepared her setting (in book six) just right for the finale of the series - how the once bright and busy Diagon Alley is now dark and mostly empty, all witches and wizards afraid even to go out, etc. I love how she did that so excellently and made her story flow smoothly. Even as the Rowling is about to finish the series, I feel that her books has not lost its magical/charming touch to the readers. It remained constant in that aspect, which is also impressive.

I didn't like the movies, though. (Although I haven't watched the fourth one). For one thing, the actors playing the lead part (Radcliff and gang) was not very good in acting. The movie did retain the magical feel of the story, but much was left out, especially most of the beautiful plots and surprises of those plots, which was one of the strong points of Rowling's books. In the third movie, they didn't even mention that the Marauder's map was originally owned by James Potter and his group of mischievous friends. If I hadn't read the book, the movies would turn me off right away. There was not enough of the books' strength in them. The books' still contain the real magic for me, even if I'm not a fan of them.

There is one hole in the story I've been wondering about - Whatever happened to Viktor Krumm? He and Hermione were writing letters, and then, he suddenly disappears from the background without any trace of explanation. He is forgotten just like that. I'm just curious, that's all...

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

I am a fan of the Harry potter books. I have read of them so far and everytime i read them its just one of those books that i can never put down! I could spend the enter day reading them but with breaks for food of course. But its that fact that Harry Potter series of books always manages to keep the reader gripped which i think is a rare thing and also it helps with building a strong imagination.

As for the movies, i did get annoyed that they changed the appearence of some of the characters Like hermonie in the third movie where she looked more a popular school girl then someone who didn't really fit in i suppose. A for the layout at Hogwarts, it got a little confusing but that is just my two sense.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

I have only watched the movies. I have trouble reading a lot so I can't read any of the books even if I tried. I only know the story through the books. But other than that its alright so far. I personally don't like it too much.

Devoted Otaku Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML's Avatar
    Thanks

I've read the books (1-6) and seen the movies (1-4), i've heard the last word in the last book should be "Scar", from a interwiev with J.K. Rowling (the creator of Harry Potter).

Otaku tifa4cloud may be famous one day tifa4cloud may be famous one day tifa4cloud's Avatar
    Thanks

like all movie tie-ins i think the harry potter films sucked especially the 4th one that left out a lot of parts from the book. okay in all fairness the films were good to start with but they graduaalt get worse as they go on.

thank you equinn

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

Regarding the movies, has anyone heard yet about Emma Watson (Hermione) saying she's not sure if she'll return for the remaining 2 movies? What do you think of this little 'twist'?

Also, I found from mugglenet that Dobby won't be in the fifth film. Makes me wonder how they're going to reorganize the film... especially if the absense of Marietta in this DA shot means she wont be there at all.
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast