+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Newbie Princesa115 may be famous one day Princesa115 may be famous one day Princesa115's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile Re: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

I just saw the movie yesterday in IMAX and it was awesome. It did kind of drag a bit through the movie, but towards the end it got really good. I like the Goblet of Fire better.

Otaku OfeliasFire is off to a good start OfeliasFire's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Yeah I've seen it twice already this week. Each time was worth it. Though I think the best movie so far has been Prisoner of Azkaban. This one was good...though I really did not care for the book...it was probably the most boring of the series...but I can't wait to see what happens in the last book. My boyfriend seems to think that in the seventh book Harry will die but take Voldemort with him in the process. I am not sure if he is going to die...but if he does...kids and adults across America are going to be uber pissed.
    Dear Dinah...

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OfeliasFire View Post
    Yeah I've seen it twice already this week. Each time was worth it. Though I think the best movie so far has been Prisoner of Azkaban. This one was good...though I really did not care for the book...it was probably the most boring of the series...but I can't wait to see what happens in the last book. My boyfriend seems to think that in the seventh book Harry will die but take Voldemort with him in the process. I am not sure if he is going to die...but if he does...kids and adults across America are going to be uber pissed.
    yeah, after read the books so far, it does seem to lean towards that conclusion. I've been thinking of that same outcome for the last book, only because of how much of lord Voldmort Harry had imprinted on him from that orignal attack...but on the flip side, "he who must not be named" did pretty much release himself of that bond with what happened in the "goblet of fire"...darn, i guess we just have to wait till the 21st...
    Don't Panic

Otaku OfeliasFire is off to a good start OfeliasFire's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes...I suppose you are right. If she doesn't kill off Harry though...I think many people will want and expect another book though. I myself would want to see what his/the majority of other characters lives would be like once outside of Hogwarts for good.
    Dear Dinah...

Otaku urlovelyassassin is off to a good start
    in the devil's arms and the angel's heart
    Thanks

... ended abrubtely and that pissed me off

but otherwise it was good

Sometimes I still dream of you, even though you were so cold
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=27434950

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Stupid movie. Preposterously impassive. And I wouldn't ever watch it again.

(spoilers alert)

- There wasn't enough attention paid to each of the characters... except maybe Harry. In other words, very poor character development.

- Hermione seemed kinda breathless in almost every scene, sometimes for no reason at all. Why? Why? Why?

- What about Cho? She suddenly appears, joins the DA, kisses Harry and...... next thing we know, she's with Umbridge's underlings uncovering the DA? Wkshptx??? What happened to the bit with Marietta (traitor)??? If you'd turned aside to rub your eyes you might not even have seen Cho with Malfoy and the rest "arresting" the DA.

- Ginny? I would've completely forgotten that she existed if not for her sudden (and extremely brief) appearances, usually marked by some kind of spell-casting.......

- I find it VERY amusing that the students who couldn't see the Thestrals actually flew on them.

- Hogwarts looked markedly different... not at all like the Hogwarts i remember from the previous films. except for maybe the grand hall.

- Kreacher mumbled a lot. Half the time I couldn't hear what he was saying... or what the portraits were saying, for that matter.

- Scenes at the beginning were unnecessarily long. If they hadn't made those so lengthy, there would have been plenty of time to include or expand some other scenes.

- THERE WAS NO QUIDDITCH. Can you believe it?!? What is Harry Potter without Quidditch? I think the Quidditch ban was one of the biggest shocks in the book, and that should have been included. Without a doubt. Yates obviously has no idea how much gravity Quidditch actually imposes.

- Evanna Lynch was not loony at all! She was just talking in a whispery voice, and how does that make her loony? Back to point one, major lack of character development!

- Can someone tell me why the hell Sirius was so jolly throughout the movie, and why popular antagonists like Malfoy only got like 5 minutes total screen time???

- Where did Dobby go? What about Have A Harry Christmas???

- I think the twins' departure was very....... anti-climactic. It could have been done better, with more of a flourish. I didn't like it at all.

Soooooooo yeah. A film major's two cents.

Elie Jelly elie26 may be famous one day elie26 may be famous one day elie26's Avatar
    Thanks

I totally agree~!
    1- They changed the script to fit into the 2hr long movie, for example- The Death Eaters didn't just "swoop" onto them and capture Harry's friends. It was suppose to be Hermione being injured, Neville got his nose broken, Ron got attacked by brains and well yeah! The just changed the whole story line.

2- WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE YELLING? There was suppose to be 3 main yelling scenes. 1st- Uncle Vernon shouting in the beginning about "OWLS!!", 2nd- Harry shouting at Hermione and Ron because they've left him out all summer.. they did it.. but.. daniel radcliff didn't even raised his voice? That's not yelling!! 3rd- After Sirius died, Harry was suppose to throw and yell at Dumbledore.. (The whole explaining scene has been chopped into like 2 minutes.. where Dumbledore just went "I didn't want you to know all this cuz you had too much on your hands..." Where's all the EXPLAINING?!?!

3- No one could possibly understand it all without reading the book. If they do this again to Book 6- about Hocruxes.. Audiences would get all confused.
    Since mainly most of the storyline has been chopped off.

4- Cho Chang didn't even get to made her appearance with Harry during Valentine's day! She didn't even cry in that scene when they kissed! So how could Harry had thought it was "wet"(like written in the book) She wasn't even the one who blabbed to Umbridge about DA.

5- No Quidditch= No "Weasley is Our King" Song.., and Harry being banned from it "forever" was also on of the best parts! We didn't get to see him punch Malfoy.. and also the twins punching him.

6- The Weasley Twins! They're like the most interesting characters. Their 'escape' wasn't even like that.. tho the firework scene was amusing(the only thing that actually made me laugh)..

7- When the Aurors came to get Harry from the dursleys, they were suppose to fly on the clouds.. not throught the city!! How you expect to get unoticed with people flying on brooms near the city of lights?!?!

Just so dissapointed! I really hope they could work on focusing on the storyline.. instead of the time limit. They could always extend it to a 2and a half hr movie! That way many other scenes could be acted out.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not fretting about the length - I wouldn't like to sit through any film more than 120 minutes long anyway. But a lot more could have been made out of those two hours. Grawp didn't deserve so much screen time, imo. Hagrid could have just blamed his injuries on the giants and Umbridge could have just been carried away by the centaurs, and the excess time could have been used to capitalize on some other scenes like I mentioned earlier.

I don't know. As a stand-alone film, it doesn't cut it. As part of a seven-part series, it doesn't cut it. As a book-turned-film, it doesn't cut it either. I just hope Yates is taking all the flak seriously, because I'm expecting to see a better made HP film next year.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast