Otaku kimchi24 may be famous one day kimchi24 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Hate the artist or Hate the music

Ok i've noticed that some people are like:

"hey man did u hear this song?"
    "which one?"
    "Bring me to life by Evanecence"
    "aww man i hate evenecance!"

i dont think that you can hate someone but a lot of their songs. anyone can make a cool song once outta 100 but still have one that u may like. Thats y i have such a wide range music intrest

I praise the one who is able to win it all and still live for it...[/CENTER

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Hate the artist or Hate the music

Quote Originally Posted by kimchi24 View Post
    Ok i've noticed that some people are like:

"hey man did u hear this song?"
    "which one?"
    "Bring me to life by Evanecence"
    "aww man i hate evenecance!"

i dont think that you can hate someone but a lot of their songs. anyone can make a cool song once outta 100 but still have one that u may like. Thats y i have such a wide range music intrest
    um kim, you gotta edit this and maybe ask a question, but ima pose one for me. why do people hate bands? for example, i cannot hate bands, i can hate who play in them (lol) but if some of their music catches my ears i would not keep judgin th band, i would let the music talk. for example, i do not like jahiem, cuz all of his songs are about sex or marriage. i do not like r n b with that kinda vibe, but that doesnt me i dont listen to him. he actually has a good song called 'fiend feat styles p' and i listen to that cuz he gives a perfect blend of r n b and rap with style on the track
    :P

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

Is this a question of why certain music and artists are hated or is it a general hate thread? Please be more specific with your topic kimchi24.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by False Truth View Post
    Is this a question of why certain music and artists are hated or is it a general hate thread? Please be more specific with your topic kimchi24.
    could one of the mods edit this thread so that it includes a clear question?

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raimann View Post
    could one of the mods edit this thread so that it includes a clear question?
    It's not that I can't, it's that I won't. I need to know what specific question he's asking before anything changes.

Silverskater Edit: Haha, to spare this topic from more off-topic posts, I'll edit here. False has sent kimichi a PM, and kimchi will probably see this when he comes to this thread anyway, and will likely include some sort of question to help everyone post. Anyway, some of the other posts in the thread are decent, and contribute, so let's just keep this thread moving along.
    Last edited by Silverskater145; Jan 22, 2007 at 09:46 PM.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Otaku Youth-anime-fan is off to a good start
    Thanks

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he thinks that just because a band makes crappy music all the time (your tastes) should you actually hate the band members?! I mean, they're people too...

And that's why in the band might make one good song that you don't detest, does that still make themselves bad, or just they're band playing power? That's what I got outta what he posted anyways.

Well, I have to say that I agree, but some are not so cool. I don't like band members who commit crimes and such, but I love their songs. I say split the two into their respective fields when judging the other. If someone is a "bad" person, you can hate them, but just forget about that while you listen to the music. If their music is not to your liking, one shouldn't hate any person or band just because they put forth a couple of bad albums.*

*unless its inspiration by William Hung. (joke)

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Re: Hate the artist or Hate the music

Sometimes one of my friends tells me about some song she likes. And I just don't care because I don't listen to rock. I hate it!

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

I remember not liking Avril before because I didn't like her first album, and I subsequently avoided conversations about her... but now that she's started coming up with much better songs, I've started saying, "I like Avril!" Generally when I say I don't like an artist/band I'm really referring to their songs, but I suppose some people might take it the wrong way...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast