+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hideo Kojima: Genius or Crazy

Otaku katsoyori33 is off to a good start katsoyori33's Avatar
    Thanks

Hideo Kojima: Genius or Crazy

Every gamer knows who Hideo Kojima is. He created legendary franchises such as Metal Gear and Zone of the Enders. What are your opinions on him. Is he a genius? Or is he crazy?

Meow. :3

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Hideo Kojima: Genius or Crazy

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Not really a debate topic... Game Console topic, moving to Sensory Pleasures...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

O.o um... how is he crazy? what do you have to show his insanity?

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Every true genius is at least a little bit crazy. Kojima is a kickass game designer.

Newbie Hazardous is off to a good start Hazardous's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe a little bit of both. Genius and Insanity is fine line.
    I guess you need both to create a great franchise such as Metal Gear Solid.

I cannot wait for Metal Gear Solid 4 to get release. I saved up all my sick days just for the game.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

A little too much credit for the success in my opinion. But still he's great in what he does and I don't really liked the guy when he "hideo"-ed my television screen while I was fighting Psycho Mantis. And I also didn't appreciate the "fission mailed" when I was fighting the enemy.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Dune Bashing In Dubai Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Yeti Bubbles Champion overload is off to a good start overload's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    A little too much credit for the success in my opinion. But still he's great in what he does and I don't really liked the guy when he "hideo"-ed my television screen while I was fighting Psycho Mantis. And I also didn't appreciate the "fission mailed" when I was fighting the enemy.
    I know what you mean Legend, that was very disturbing to see, when fighting a boss. but you can see the genius behind it as well. but the (fission mailed) was so damn annoying that sometimes I would just quit at that point.

as for Hideo being a genius or insane, I must go with both to a point.
    granted I really enjoy the MGS games and cannot wait for the fourth installment,
    but if something like that happens again. I think I will throw the disc out of my window.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hazardous View Post
    Maybe a little bit of both. Genius and Insanity is fine line.
    I guess you need both to create a great franchise such as Metal Gear Solid.

I cannot wait for Metal Gear Solid 4 to get release. I saved up all my sick days just for the game.
    A fine line indeed.

I hear that lots of people who are in assylums--not most, but lots--are people who used to be scientists and mathematicians. But that's aside the point.

I believe that Hideo Kojima is one of the greatest game designers in the history of the business. Metal Gear has been around for as long as I can remember. It's been a success for over a decade. (Maybe over two. I have to do my research. It's been forever since I've actually owned Metal Gear for Nintendo.) I wouldn't call him insane, I would call him a well educated person with a brilliant imagination.

I love his games and I'm dying to play MGS 4!!! I wonder if another Z.O.E is in the works. Hmm...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

katsoyori33 (Jan 29, 2008)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast