+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hip hop

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Hip hop

I'm startin to feel Nas when he said hip hop is dead I listen to all these old rappers and I'm like wow where did the flows go these new rappers are on some off shit.

How do you feel about the direction hip hop is goin?

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Newbie WildEast is off to a good start WildEast's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Hip hop

Though i was never a hip hop fan, i'm more into rock and symphonic metal, but you're right the hip hop is not as energetic as it used be.
    " It is only the dead have seen the end of the war " - Plato

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

hip-hop is suffering a similar fate as rock music right now. They're probably the most popular genres, and as a result are being highly commercialized and therefore lack the same vigor as they once did "in their prime", as it were. I wouldn't say hip-hop is "dead", however. Hip-hop worth listening to still exists, you just have to dig deeper to find it. Alternative, underground, where the game is still real. The same can be said for rock music too.

Just because it's rare nowadays, doesn't mean it isn't out there. You have to develop your tastes and seek out the gems.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

But even some good underground is going mainstream like E-40. Even when old rappers when mainstream were awesome.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Sure, but the old-skool rappers back in the 80s were rapping back when it was "new" and fresh. The "mainstream" rappers weren't playing that huge of audience, it was still largely black music back then whereas now the rest of society (i.e. whitey) has gotten ahold of it, so artists try to adjust their music to appeal to that wider audience, ultimately losing the edge that made them popular in the first place.

I also think hip-hop is different now because it's been getting a lot of influence from the pop genre, as has rock and country for that matter. All the hit mainstream songs that come out are sang by gorgeous divas or ball-less guys (cough cough, bieber, cough) and it seems like any popular rap song nowadays is accompanied by someone who also sings in the pop genre. So perhaps pop is partially to blame for fall of hip-hop.

every genre has a golden age, I mean rock's legacy was around the 60s and 70s, hip-hop's 80s to early 90s, now it seems like pop (unfortunately) is being mixed into nearly every genre as artists try to find the next big thing.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Hip Hop sucks and I hope it's going to hell. Wow the same talentless hack idiots who called their noise rap came back and said it was hip hop. Whatever the nails are may they slid into the coffin fast.

Otaku Kuzalagloopagloop is off to a good start Kuzalagloopagloop's Avatar
    Thanks

being a b-boy i definitely agree hip hop was lost long ago. Early 90's hip hop was about giving out a positive message like staying away form drugs/gangs. now its all about big booty bitches, sellling drugs, and being in gangs and thats really a shame. There are still a few good new artists here are a few The Literates, Kero one, Pysche Origami, Wiz Khalalifa, Collective Efforts, and One Be Lo.

play in 480p it makes a diff lol
    YouTube - Collective Efforts- Until My Life Is Gone

good song in this one. "im in this vid"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rukn6Et1hqg

free stlye
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbtyD...eature=channel

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kuzalagloopagloop For This Useful Post:

Sei-chan (Jun 02, 2010)

Newbie BuckTurgidson is off to a good start BuckTurgidson's Avatar
    Thanks

The whole hip-hop genre isn't what it used to be back then. We had Run DMC, A Tribe Called Quest, Coolio, and Biggie Smalls, to name a few good performers in the early days.

These days we've got "artists" the likes of Akon and T-Pain, no-talent hacks who rely too heavily on Auto-Tune (they can't sing to save their skins) and spout utterly repetitive, albeit catchy lyrics about banging chicks and getting smashed in a club. Thanks to what they call "voice enhancement" software, any Tom, Dick, or Harry can now carry a tune, never mind the fact they end up sounding like Vocaloids, and real talent gets devalued.

I haven't even mentioned the utter sensuality depicted in their music videos. If it wasn't for that, they'd most likely be selling fewer tunes. Sex sells and all that jazz.

Long story short, I'm sticking to my old-school records.
    I ain't got those "speshul" privileges yet so, uh, ignore the cutesy user pic for now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast