+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hip hop

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Hip hop

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    Hip Hop sucks and I hope it's going to hell. Wow the same talentless hack idiots who called their noise rap came back and said it was hip hop. Whatever the nails are may they slid into the coffin fast.
    Dude you're being ignorant, old hiphop was about the struggle and how to overcome if that's not talent I don't know what is.

So you guys think that greed is playing a part in which way the music is taken its role?

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

greed is always some element. What the music business will try to do is just what any other industry does; find something/someone that a lot of people responded to positively, then milk the cash cow dry. [some] artists try to make it all about their music, but in the end that desire for money and fame can put quality music on the wayside, hence "sellouts".

Also, beast, if you're just listening to the mainstream hip-hop talking about money, bitches, etc, I might say I agree with you. But to say that ALL hip-hop should burn is ignorant, I must agree with violent in that respect. The old skool definitely had a message, and there are still rappers who "keep it real" out there, you just don't know them because you're apparently too close minded when it comes to music.

Otaku Kuzalagloopagloop is off to a good start Kuzalagloopagloop's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark. View Post
    greed is always some element. What the music business will try to do is just what any other industry does; find something/someone that a lot of people responded to positively, then milk the cash cow dry. [some] artists try to make it all about their music, but in the end that desire for money and fame can put quality music on the wayside, hence "sellouts".

Also, beast, if you're just listening to the mainstream hip-hop talking about money, bitches, etc, I might say I agree with you. But to say that ALL hip-hop should burn is ignorant, I must agree with violent in that respect. The old skool definitely had a message, and there are still rappers who "keep it real" out there, you just don't know them because you're apparently too close minded when it comes to music.
    very well stated. Im a fan of all music even country.

more underground hiphop
    YouTube - The Literates~Graff Life

Lazy Ninja Puyo Champion Sei-chan may be famous one day Sei-chan may be famous one day Sei-chan's Avatar
    Thanks

Went from turntables to MP3's
    From "Beat Street" to commercials on Mickey D's
    From gold cables to Jacob's
    From plain facials to botox and face lifts

Hiphop used to be about the racial struggles, The Elvis Effect, the projects, their friends getting beat up and killed, people turning to ganja to escape or desperation for money. In that respect, yeah, hip-hop is dead, because for the most part things got better for African Americans since the days of Public Enemy's "Fight the Power." A little of this has to be thanks to rap getting popular and their message getting across to the public. But when some had started using their music as a means of getting rich and popular, you could say they forgot about the message, but to me some of it has to be because things aren't as bad as what their fathers had to go through. I mean, the fact that they came to have the liberty to sell-out and become famous in mainstream pop media says something.

To quote a friend: "The reality, imho, is that the majority of music makers and listeners have passed that time in hip hop. You've got a couple people (ie Nas or KRS-One) who continue to carry the torch for "knowledge rap", but that's it. To wrap that up: the cultural significance of rap music as a form of education and historical lessons is essentially dead, and has been since the mid-90s. What hip hop and rap stand for now are placeholders that represent a piece of America."

We still have amazing underground rappers like Black Milk (who btw is about to release a new album and the previews sound AMAZING) who write lyrics of their basements and personal struggles. That is prob as close to old skool as you can get from artists nowadays.

But I think the beauty of hip-hop as a genre is it's fluidity and ability to change, adapt, and evolve
    関西は最高やねん

Banned alicea is off to a good start
    Thanks

i didn't like Hip Hop , so having not much knowledge of this.

Banned Blobber Champion, Spiffyspeud Champion, Knockturn Alley Champion, Feed Lindsay Lohan Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Narnia - Rapid Retreat Champion, Matrix Dock Defense Champion, Defend the Attack Champion, Uncover the Imposter Champion, Kong v/s New York Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion The Beatle is off to a good start
    Thanks

I feel that most music is going down hill because of rap. Rap takes no talent at all its just talking to a beat. The definition of Rap in the dictionary is quote is "A line of Talk". I hope Hip Hop, Rock and what ever else music that is out there comes back and beats Rap with a ugly stick.

Banned alicea is off to a good start
    Thanks

Still not watch Hip Hop, so don't know about it .But interested to watch Hip Hop , i heard about its good theme.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2