Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The History Channel Rocks

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

The History Channel Rocks

The show Gangland is awesome. It talks about gangs that are around and how they formed. Most actual formed out of vigiliante ambitions. Then they go insane and start going crazy. It covers gangs that I have never heard of. I love the history channel it is one of my favorite stations, and I also love monster quest. Does anyone else here watch the discovery channel? If so what show do you like.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The History Channel Rocks

Discovery, History, and Military channel are my top favorit. My favorit show on Discovery is Mythbusters, in almost every episode they blow up something and I like explosions. My favorit is when they crammed a ciment truck full of explosives and dentonated it in a quary. Even though they were several miles away the explosion was so loud the sound recorders couldnt record it properly because it was so intense.
    As for history, I love watching the series The Univers. That is just out right awesome and amazing. These people they interview are just mind blowingly smart. Plus I have always been facinated with space and the univers. Several times I had my jaw drop going "NO *&%$ING WAY!!" Its a real trip.
    I have always respected and admired our armed forces, and living in San Diego where you will always meet some one from just about any branch of service and with military bases, airfields, and Navel stations, its no wonder. Not to mention my family has a long history in the US armed forces, dating all the way back to the civile war. I have many family members join the service, or supported them as engineers and drafters building equipment for them and what not.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

You like the History channel just because of "Gangland" It's a good show but you should watch some of the more educational stuff on their like the war documentaries, it some pretty interesting stuff. But any 15 year-old would agree that gangland is a cool show, no offense.

Thanks

Depending on what moods I am in I can't stand war documentaries. Sometimes they are insightful but other times they open old wounds. But i like stuff about military tech. Although because of my occupation I already know much of it. Locked and Loaded with R Lee Ermy is great.

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    ...My favorit show on Discovery is Mythbusters, in almost every episode they blow up something and I like explosions...
    We get that show on Australian television too. They do make a lot of things explode. I remember one episode where they were trying to do something with a chair lift over a mountain slope with a dummy. They failed. The dummy kept falling off lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Artistic Anarchy View Post
    It's a good show but you should watch some of the more educational stuff on their like the war documentaries, it some pretty interesting stuff.
    Not that we get "the History Channel" but our equivalent is basically the SBS channel. I only watch it for war documentaries, because being a history student, you find that stuff extremely interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    Depending on what moods I am in I can't stand war documentaries. Sometimes they are insightful but other times they open old wounds. But i like stuff about military tech. Although because of my occupation I already know much of it. Locked and Loaded with R Lee Ermy is great.
    Haha what is it with men and military technology? We had to learn about the weapons of WWI and although it was interesting, I was never as enthusiastic about it as the male students were. Then when it came to studying memoirs from the war, the males found it boring while I found it fascinating.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mystical shadow angel View Post
    We get that show on Australian television too. They do make a lot of things explode. I remember one episode where they were trying to do something with a chair lift over a mountain slope with a dummy

Haha what is it with men and military technology? We had to learn about the weapons of WWI and although it was interesting, I was never as enthusiastic about it as the male students were. Then when it came to studying memoirs from the war, the males found it boring while I found it fascinating.
    Well in my case I am actually in the military so it makes sense. Right?

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    Well in my case I am actually in the military so it makes sense. Right?
    Yeah it does make sense lol. That's so very admirable! If I was a guy I'd want to be in the military too. It's an honourable occupation.

How many channels do you have altogether that you don't have to pay for? We only have 6 I think. The history channel's free right?

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mystical shadow angel View Post
    That's so very admirable! If I was a guy I'd want to be in the military too. It's an honourable occupation.
    Women can also join the military, what difference does it make if your not a guy. Many women join the military. There is no longer any racial, gender, religious barriers that keep people from joining the military. *sigh* if only everything else in the world did the same thing...but I guess it will always be a silly dream.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast