+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hogfather!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Hogfather!

I don't know how many of you are Terry Pratchett fans but the latest news is that the Hogfather is being brought to TV in the UK. Now, I'm eagerly awaiting the torrent & counting down to it going to DVD.

If anyone else is interested some info sites are:
    Sky One
    Brightcove - Video Search

So speak up if you live in the UK and intend to watch this so the rest of us can envy you (or even if you're just a fan).

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Re: Hogfather!

I will be watching this on the TV here!!

my youger brother has the books.

it does seem interesting.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

So... does that mean you have read the books or haven't read the books?

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    Thanks

I haven't been able to read them yet... i am not really much of a reading kind of person...but i might do after i finish university.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Thanks

yeah.... don't start with "The Color of Magic" or you might never get to the good stuff. Not saying it's bad, it's just the writting style changes after the first two books.

Thanks

I don't know what my brother has in his collection but i am sure he has a good selection.

But thanks for the tip..i will make sure not to read it/them first.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

That's not fair. Why not Malaysia as well?
    And to think that I've been faithfully buying every book from the Discworld series...

Newbie Kokoro_no_Ankoku may be famous one day Kokoro_no_Ankoku may be famous one day
    Thanks

Well, I don't wish to sound proud, but yeah... it was on a few days ago... Sunday and Monday, in fact. Both at 8pm... Very funny...

Set on Discworld, Terry Pratchett's Hogfather novel is brought to life. Deranged Assassin Mr Teatime (with a bunch of thieves and a failed apprentice wizard) wants to "inhumme" the Hogfather (Discworld's equivalent of Santa Claus) by destroying children's belief in him. By kidnapping and holding hostage the tooth fairy in order to use children's teeth to control their belief. The only being that can take his place? Death, a depressant anthopomorphic personification, too caught up with humanity for his own good. Assisted by his foul servant Albert and his half-human (beacause some talents, like walking through walls or freezing time, are inherited "in the bone" rather than genetically), adoptive granddaughter Susan.

That's pretty much the whole thing... David Jason, Michelle Dockery Marc Warren and Ian Richardson make it what it is... Incredibly funny.

~"You can't do everything just because you have the heart and power to do it..." Lacus Clyne~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast