+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hollywood gone too far?

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Angry Hollywood gone too far?

I like movies! So when I hear they're gonna make a movie based on a game/anime that I'm really in to; I get excited... Only to watch the preview and immediately realize that it's gonna be a steaming pile of hot garbage.

Has Hollywood gone too far? I think so. They're makin' movies that are supposedly based on video games and anime but, the plot always seems to be half-assed, or not even the same plot as the movies original counterpart.

For example: 'Street Fighter' starring Jean Claude Van Damme... OMG where to begin. When I seen the previews and read about it in Game Informer (Way back in the day), I was excited! I thought, "Hey, maybe it'll be good!" I go there only to find out that they destroyed the story for one of the best fighting games ever made! Ken and Ryu were my biggest disappointment.

'Super Mario Bros.' was an okay movie in it's own right. However, the story was chewed up and spit out. Nothing really 'Mario' about the flick except the character's names.

'Mortal Kombat' was AWESOME!!! One of the few good video game movies out there. Too bad it was followed up by 'Mortal Kombat: Annihilation', which was not worth my eight bucks. It's not even worth buying on DVD at a garage sale for a dollar!

'Resident Evil' didn't stick to the original plot, per se. Yet, it gave us Umbrella's side of the story (in my opinion). 'RE: Apocalypse' was okay. S.T.A.R.S.'s role in the movie was very watered down though, which leads us back to plot-chopping--which is a crime in my eyes. I never seen the third one, so I won't go there. I never seen 'Alone in the Dark', but I hear it's not worth the money...

Speaking of zombie movies... 'House of the Dead' has to be the worst video game based movie known to man!! All the action scenes are mostly videos from actual game play from 'House of the Dead'. OOOHH!! So exciting!! *sarcasm* It wasn't until 'House of the Dead 2' came out that I felt better about the future of video game movies. BTW: 'House of the Dead 2' was a Sci-Fi Channel exclusive TV movie. It was VERY good and stuck to the story well. Lots of blood and guts.

Now, we've got 'Street Fighter: Legend of Chun-Li'. I heard from countless people that it was worse than the Van Damme 'Street Fighter' movie. That definitely sounds like somethin' I wanna waste eight bucks on... *more sarcasm* And 'Dragonball: Evolution'... I don't even have to see the movie to know it's gonna suck. According to the movie plot, it wasn't Kami who created the Dragonballs, but SEVEN MYSTICS?!?! WTF? Piccolo looks nothing like the real Piccolo--doesn't even look like he's from Namek!! Goku is some teenaged chump with an attitude problem and way to pick the wrong guy to play Master Roshi (Chow Yun Fat)! Why even bother wasting your money?? Ugh...

Now I hear they're gonna butcher the 'King of Fighters' franchise! When will this madness end? Am I the only person who's upset with Hollywood and their love for violating good anime and video games?? What's your opinion on this?

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Hollywood gone too far?

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    I like movies! So when I hear they're gonna make a movie based on a game/anime that I'm really in to; I get excited... Only to watch the preview and immediately realize that it's gonna be a steaming pile of hot garbage.

Has Hollywood gone too far? I think so. They're makin' movies that are supposedly based on video games and anime but, the plot always seems to be half-assed, or not even the same plot as the movies original counterpart.

For example: 'Street Fighter' starring Jean Claude Van Damme... OMG where to begin. When I seen the previews and read about it in Game Informer (Way back in the day), I was excited! I thought, "Hey, maybe it'll be good!" I go there only to find out that they destroyed the story for one of the best fighting games ever made! Ken and Ryu were my biggest disappointment.

'Super Mario Bros.' was an okay movie in it's own right. However, the story was chewed up and spit out. Nothing really 'Mario' about the flick except the character's names.

'Mortal Kombat' was AWESOME!!! One of the few good video game movies out there. Too bad it was followed up by 'Mortal Kombat: Annihilation', which was not worth my eight bucks. It's not even worth buying on DVD at a garage sale for a dollar!

'Resident Evil' didn't stick to the original plot, per se. Yet, it gave us Umbrella's side of the story (in my opinion). 'RE: Apocalypse' was okay. S.T.A.R.S.'s role in the movie was very watered down though, which leads us back to plot-chopping--which is a crime in my eyes. I never seen the third one, so I won't go there. I never seen 'Alone in the Dark', but I hear it's not worth the money...

Speaking of zombie movies... 'House of the Dead' has to be the worst video game based movie known to man!! All the action scenes are mostly videos from actual game play from 'House of the Dead'. OOOHH!! So exciting!! *sarcasm* It wasn't until 'House of the Dead 2' came out that I felt better about the future of video game movies. BTW: 'House of the Dead 2' was a Sci-Fi Channel exclusive TV movie. It was VERY good and stuck to the story well. Lots of blood and guts.

Now, we've got 'Street Fighter: Legend of Chun-Li'. I heard from countless people that it was worse than the Van Damme 'Street Fighter' movie. That definitely sounds like somethin' I wanna waste eight bucks on... *more sarcasm* And 'Dragonball: Evolution'... I don't even have to see the movie to know it's gonna suck. According to the movie plot, it wasn't Kami who created the Dragonballs, but SEVEN MYSTICS?!?! WTF? Piccolo looks nothing like the real Piccolo--doesn't even look like he's from Namek!! Goku is some teenaged chump with an attitude problem and way to pick the wrong guy to play Master Roshi (Chow Yun Fat)! Why even bother wasting your money?? Ugh...

Now I hear they're gonna butcher the 'King of Fighters' franchise! When will this madness end? Am I the only person who's upset with Hollywood and their love for violating good anime and video games?? What's your opinion on this?
    king of fighters? oh no...i'm a fan of that game. i hope they will do serious research on the game, so that it will be true to the concept. at least the tekken movie will be good since i have seen the casts and the read the story...it really follows to the game's story. for example, jin is the main character.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rematche View Post
    king of fighters? oh no...i'm a fan of that game. i hope they will do serious research on the game, so that it will be true to the concept. at least the tekken movie will be good since i have seen the casts and the read the story...it really follows to the game's story. for example, jin is the main character.
    Tekken! I forgot about Tekken! I sincerely hope that it doesn't fail. Yup! They're makin' a KOF movie and I hear they've got an American playing Kyo (and possibly Iori)! Put your angry hats on people!

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Tekken! I forgot about Tekken! I sincerely hope that it doesn't fail. Yup! They're makin' a KOF movie and I hear they've got an American playing Kyo (and possibly Iori)! Put your angry hats on people!
    what? i just hope they're asian. maybe they have to be american because of the english language and the pronunciation.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Well my entire response is too long too post, apparently, so here's the full length article i wrote on this topic:
    Rise of Anime Live Action Films: Good or Bad?

and i did no know they were making a tekken movie...wow. thats interesting. i want to check that out soon.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

And 'Dragonball: Evolution'... I don't even have to see the movie to know it's gonna suck. According to the movie plot, it wasn't Kami who created the Dragonballs, but SEVEN MYSTICS?!?! WTF? Piccolo looks nothing like the real Piccolo--doesn't even look like he's from Namek!! Goku is some teenaged chump with an attitude problem and way to pick the wrong guy to play Master Roshi (Chow Yun Fat)! Why even bother wasting your money?? Ugh...
    i'm draggin Soshi with me to see that movie cuz it's going to be the worst thing ever!

my advice, just laugh. never take it seriously, otherwise you'd be crying blood every couple months when they announce a new "movie" based on "Japanimation"...

kinda like you're doing now~

oh, Mortal Kombat was AWESOME, btw. Soshi let me watch the movie on one of his old VHS tapes! jealous!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Dragonball: Evolution'... I don't even have to see the movie to know it's gonna suck. According to the movie plot, it wasn't Kami who created the Dragonballs, but SEVEN MYSTICS?!?! WTF? Piccolo looks nothing like the real Piccolo--doesn't even look like he's from Namek!! Goku is some teenaged chump with an attitude problem and way to pick the wrong guy to play Master Roshi (Chow Yun Fat)! Why even bother wasting your money?? Ugh...
    What kame didn't create the dragonballs? WTF? Man, that pisses off this DBZ fan. Thats hollywood for you. Chow Yun Fat is one of my fav martial arts actors, but hes so wrong for the part. For one hes supposed to be real old, and very perverted, and Chow Yun Fat isnt.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rematche View Post
    what? i just hope they're asian.
    You and me both.

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    i'm draggin Soshi with me to see that movie cuz it's going to be the worst thing ever!

my advice, just laugh. never take it seriously, otherwise you'd be crying blood every couple months when they announce a new "movie" based on "Japanimation"...

kinda like you're doing now~

oh, Mortal Kombat was AWESOME, btw. Soshi let me watch the movie on one of his old VHS tapes! jealous!
    LOL! So, you're basically goin' to watch it because it's like watching a train wreck? That's actually not a bad idea! Speaking of which, I seen a train wreck the other day. ^_^

**Mortal Kombat rocks my socks!**

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    What kame didn't create the dragonballs? WTF? Man, that pisses off this DBZ fan. Thats hollywood for you. Chow Yun Fat is one of my fav martial arts actors, but hes so wrong for the part. For one hes supposed to be real old, and very perverted, and Chow Yun Fat isnt.
    I know! They did a horrible job casting actors. Not to mention the plot is all kinds of f'ed up. I'm so dissapointed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast