+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hollywood gone too far?

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Hollywood gone too far?

Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    Well my entire response is too long too post, apparently, so here's the full length article i wrote on this topic:
    Rise of Anime Live Action Films: Good or Bad?

and i did no know they were making a tekken movie...wow. thats interesting. i want to check that out soon.
    the story
    Set in 2039, the film promises non-stop high flying action as the greatest fighters from around the world come to compete in the last and greatest sporting event of all time – the Fist Tournament. After World Wars destroy much of civilization as we know it, the remaining territories are no longer run by governments, but by corporations the mightiest of which is Tekken. In order to keep the masses down, Tekken sponsors the Iron Fist Tournament in which fighters compete to the death for ultimate glory and receive a lifetime of stardom and wealth.

We are introduced to this violent world through the eyes of Jin Kazama, a street fighter that enters the tournament in order to avenge the death of his mother that he blames upon Tekken’s powerful and controlling Chairman – Heihachi Mishima. He knows that the only way to get close enough to Mishima to kill him is to win the tournament. With the help of Lucas, an ageing Iron Fist Champion and fight trainer, Jin makes his way through the tournament, but in doing so, he begins to uncover his own past and inner demons as well as exposing a dark underbelly to Tekken that threatens the very existence of humanity.

the plot
    "In order to put to rest the ghosts of his past, Jin Kazama enters the Tekken tournament, a fierce and dangerous competition featuring the world’s best martial artists. Following close behind him is Zheng, a rebel monk looking to save Jin from his own inner demons. While on the surface Tekken appears to be the corporation of the future, Jin and Zheng expose a dark underbelly that could threaten the very threads of humanity."
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rematche View Post
    the story
    Set in 2039, the film promises non-stop high flying action as the greatest fighters from around the world come to compete in the last and greatest sporting event of all time – the Fist Tournament. After World Wars destroy much of civilization as we know it, the remaining territories are no longer run by governments, but by corporations the mightiest of which is Tekken. In order to keep the masses down, Tekken sponsors the Iron Fist Tournament in which fighters compete to the death for ultimate glory and receive a lifetime of stardom and wealth.

We are introduced to this violent world through the eyes of Jin Kazama, a street fighter that enters the tournament in order to avenge the death of his mother that he blames upon Tekken’s powerful and controlling Chairman – Heihachi Mishima. He knows that the only way to get close enough to Mishima to kill him is to win the tournament. With the help of Lucas, an ageing Iron Fist Champion and fight trainer, Jin makes his way through the tournament, but in doing so, he begins to uncover his own past and inner demons as well as exposing a dark underbelly to Tekken that threatens the very existence of humanity.

the plot
    "In order to put to rest the ghosts of his past, Jin Kazama enters the Tekken tournament, a fierce and dangerous competition featuring the world’s best martial artists. Following close behind him is Zheng, a rebel monk looking to save Jin from his own inner demons. While on the surface Tekken appears to be the corporation of the future, Jin and Zheng expose a dark underbelly that could threaten the very threads of humanity."
    It sounds kinda interesting--though I'll have to call it when I see it. At least a preview of the movie would help. The story's a bit off, but what do you expect from Hollywood; right? Hey, if we're lucky, it'll be better than the Tekken anime! ^_^

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    It sounds kinda interesting--though I'll have to call it when I see it. At least a preview of the movie would help. The story's a bit off, but what do you expect from Hollywood; right? Hey, if we're lucky, it'll be better than the Tekken anime! ^_^
    i was able to check the casts and they actually fit on the bill with the characters they all portrayed. still...i'm waiting to see them.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Otaku nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't read all post because I want to write so bad.
    I can stand how they are take great title and making a mocery of them.

Did anyone see the Tomb Raider movies?
    Granted they mad the best choice for for the lead but the storys were blan at best.
    The U2 music video though me off too. I though they were going to chased by the robot though out the movie.
    Yes there were some parts that held true to the game but each one had a lovey doviy though out the whole movie.

And if they screw up the Tekken movie im going be so tick off, im a huge fan of that game.
    Kamen Rider....DECADE!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2