+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Horror films

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Horror films

[QUOTE=Peach_follows;668815]

"Faces of Death": Some real death scenes... it would be morally deplorable if it weren't for humorous staged scenes in between the real stuff. Just do up the box set.

[QUOTE]

Talk about disturbing.
    Shit, here I was listing American Psycho and you pull out that.

Otaku Trojan man is off to a good start Trojan man's Avatar
    Thanks

hey EmoNightmareRose whats Faces of Death about i havent herd that title do you have a pic of the cover so that i can go look for it

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh nonononono you don't... I gave you that suggestion.. Not EmonightmareRose! Emo was just quoting me. I gave the suggestion... I want the credit. lol (Finally something you seem interested in)

Now... I personally am not sure they're all that great of a movies (Faces of Death). There's a lot of 'em. They're old... Im sure you can see much more gruesome death scenes just by viewing the net. BUT heres a site anyway.
    Faces of Death - The movie that was banned in 40+ countries now in HD
    ... Not Ever Again...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Peach_follows For This Useful Post:

Trojan man (Jul 24, 2009)

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Trojan Man, I honestly suggest actually watching the movies we picked out. I mean...c'mon you already got yourself about a weekend of watching of good horror.
    And I wanted to say something about the Horror genre here.
    Horror is a very interesting genre, it has been blamed for exploiting the worst sides of humans and even glamourising it. Before you view 'Faces of Death', 'A Clockwork Orange', or even 'American Psycho' think about this. These films are there for just entertainment, they're not 'Snuff' flims and they're not there to just view to have a good ol' time. Films of disturbing nature have a meaning behind it, and I hope you understand that while watching. Alex from A Clockwork Orange is a mudering raping gangmember, yet in the end of movie some have even felt sympathy for him. You need to understand that those films are also a psychological take on sociopathic behavour, and not only that, but seeing the worst part of death can help you understand it. It's not there just as a game to see who looks away first or how much you can view. It's suppose to be an intrepretation on life through death, and the darkest sides of it.
    I know some people who loved blood and guts, but thats different from someone who views someone who actually gets eletrocuted. Most slasher fans are deeply disturbed by A Clockwork Orange or Faces of Death, because it's more realistic if not real. Just because you like Saw, doesn't mean you'll like the rape/beating/murdering scene of a crippled man's wife in A Clockwork Orange or a baby monkey being beaten to death and eaten in Faces of Death.
    Don't get mistaken for what's 'cool' like so many others have because of the rich stylish, Patrick Bateman from American Psycho, or that its ironically 'twisted' to like Alex from A Clockwork Orange. It isn't. Most people that think so didn't break down the intrepretation and write full scale psychological essays like I have.
    I think that if you truly want to enjoy or get anything out of the horror genre, you have to analyze it like anything else. And if you're just a gore fan, I suggest you watch the movies listed above to see how strong your stomach really is.
    Last edited by EmoNightmareRose; Jul 24, 2009 at 07:16 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to EmoNightmareRose For This Useful Post:

Peach_follows (Jul 24, 2009)

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

That was quite well said.

I suggested these movies because I like horror. And the first two on my list I think are just peachy... The are doused in dark humor. Many of the movies suggested are in this thread are fictional. But, watching real death is actually quite difficult for me. Faces of Death gave me nightmares, all be it I was younger when I saw them. It starts out in a way you might consider "weak" if your looking for gore. (Its mainly animal death in the beginning). But once you see what was once a living person.... die... its different.

I still have friends who will send me the occasional sick murder video (or pic) on the internet. I have gotten to the point where I just refuse to look. I saw the documentary 'snuff'.... Its not even a gorey movie... but it led me into studying up on Leonard Lake, and Charles Ng. Even studying such cruelty was disturbing to me. I lost sleep over it. That was just last year.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Otaku Trojan man is off to a good start Trojan man's Avatar
    Thanks

thank you EmoNightmareRose, Peach_follows il look up some of those films you guys named i still nead a pic of the cover so that i have a an idea of what im looking for and thanks again

Newbie fellhound001 is off to a good start fellhound001's Avatar
    Phillipsburg,ohio it north west of dayton
    Thanks

Horror film have changed they suck now than back then. Someone needs to make a really really good horror film!
    PLAYER KILLER

Don't get in my way or I'll kill you!

Banned robert88 is off to a good start robert88's Avatar
    Thanks

if you really want to enjoy a good horror movie then A Night on Elm street is too good its latest 2010 you can watch this m sure you will get enjoy this..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast