+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Horror films

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Horror films

I'm usually not a fan of Horror films, sense, a lot of the time, they just seem "jumpy" rather than scary. That being said, I think my favorite Horror film is Silent Hill, because it's very creepy, and very thrilling, but not jumpy at all. I thought that Orphan was great, too.

I would also recommend Horror books instead of films. Stephen King's The Shining is probably the best thing I've ever read, and although reading Horror isn't necessarily as scary as watching it, the book actually made me afraid of the dark for a couple of days. Speaking of The Shining, I've heard that the movie version is good as well.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrightShadow_96 View Post
    I would also recommend Horror books instead of films. Stephen King's The Shining is probably the best thing I've ever read, and although reading Horror isn't necessarily as scary as watching it, the book actually made me afraid of the dark for a couple of days. Speaking of The Shining, I've heard that the movie version is good as well.
    stanley kubrick's verion of the shining was good. not to mention stanley kubrick himself added some hidden, subliminal, and cryptic message in that film, just like the his films as well. don't believe me? i suggest you should watch it carefully, i was able to notice some and realize the true significance of the film's version. it like kubrick is telling another hidden story within the movie.

for example to metaphorical presentation of similarities of the recorded native indian massacres and the film. how? one example kubrick intended the character wendy to look like similarly as native indian woman. and also the hotel is built on the site of an indian burial ground. coincidence?
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

There one i haven't watched yet, only saw the trailer but its a really, really F!@#$D up movie from what I heard. Try to find "The human centipede" movie and watch it. Its one of those scary, mind twisting, sicking movie from what i found on it so try that one.

The scarest movie for me was when i was a total idiot. really I was a really big idiot and this is way. I watched all 3 american version of the Grudge at night alone and in the dark and i was almost crapping myself in my chair
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Newbie D4RK Joker is off to a good start D4RK Joker's Avatar
    Thanks

man you got to see Evil Dead that movie is pimp and Army of Darkness is good

Otaku Basketball Champion Shippo101 has disabled reputation Shippo101's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh its this like collection of horror movies called. Horror Fest. The weirdest scaryiest on was like Grave dancers.... Make you not wanna get plastered and go dancing on graves ever again.

Its ideal if you like to watch your back and are scaryed easyily by small things. lmao
    Shippo is determined to become a lvl higher
    I'm a solider of Pen and Paper!
    <3 Atomik_Sprout <3

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

well LOL i don't watch horror movies XD , i have seen a very small group of scary movies so The Ring the most scary one i saw T___T sorry that is all i can come with ... =^_^=
    http://www.animeonline.net/avatars/frozen-rose-62446.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1230225100
    My Dreams Become Like The Rainbow
    Love Like the Wind You Can't See It But You Can Feel It

Newbie Nocturne is off to a good start Nocturne's Avatar
    Hidin' in your windows, snatchn' your people up.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by D4RK Joker View Post
    man you got to see Evil Dead that movie is pimp and Army of Darkness is good
    The Evil Dead Series is more hysterical than scary. Especially Army of Darkness.

Sam Raimi, you silly, silly man you..

Speaking of him, Drag me to Hell was fun. Frightening and absolutely hilarious! xD I couldn't stop laughing through the fight scene between the main character and the old gypsy.

Orochimaru Fangirl ♥ | MMO Junkie

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nocturne For This Useful Post:

Jokerman (Sep 03, 2010)

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

FinalXepher said Cannibal Holocaust. It's really gross. Made me not wanna eat meat for days. Especially the turtle scene.

But anyway, foreign horror films seem to be the only ones to be giving me a scare as of late and the best one I've run into is Martyrs. It's a french film and I've seen it dubbed rather than subbed. It has a very strong message and goes into the question of "Is Heaven real or not." It has everything you can ask for, cringe horror, jump horror, disturbing horror and anything you can think of. It's worth a watch.

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast