Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you get interested into your favorite music

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

How did you get interested into your favorite music

I am on a EDM binge right now and I was wondering, how did everyone get started into liking their music, like me,

I started liking EDM when I bought a Wipeout xL soundtrack and it had alot of electronica artists, i thought this was cool, so I started checking out the artists on the cd and before long, I started to listen to club sets and the rest is history

what about you

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Newbie graion may be famous one day graion may be famous one day graion's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: How did you get interested into your favorite music

i like anything but music but wats an xl and edm?

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

oh ok, Wipeout XL was a video game back in the 90's that was about racing on a future track, the reason why this got me into EDM is because this was a game that always seemed to use european electronica as part of its soundtrack, therefore alot of old school groups and some that are still making music today such as Orbital, Meat Beat Manifesto were on this soundtrack.

Now EDM stands for Electronic Dance Music, this term is used to encompass all the sub-genres of dance music, such as electronica, break beats, techno, trance, house, drum n bass, goa trance, tribal, ambient, progressive house, progressive techno, and many more, if you want, check out the website in my sig it links to the wikipedia artile on EDM its the EDM Definitions link

to further clarify, what was it, a cd, an artist or something totally unrelated that got you into your favorite genre of music.

As an add-on i also got interested in trance when I saw all those kick ass 3-d animations and they had trance playing in the background, that was cool.
    Last edited by KnightofNi; Apr 19, 2006 at 09:48 PM.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Otaku Drkduality may be famous one day Drkduality may be famous one day Drkduality's Avatar
    Thanks

i pretty much listen to what's on the radio and if i like it i buy the album. Usually i listen to hard rock, alternative and gothic rock styles. I don't know if Nightwish is goth but i like that too. =) oh, and some techno but mostly rock.

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

I just like it. There is really nothing to it. I don't know maybe it just clicks in the head.
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

AO shady bystander Comboling Champion bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a ton of favorite music........... and I found that all of them have something in common: a good message. And of course, the music itself was quite good as well. But music with a message to deliver is a million times better than the usual stuff they put up on the radio IMO.
    Kastelic's creation

Otaku cerebrum has disabled reputation cerebrum's Avatar
    Thanks

I never really like OPera until I heard IL DIVO's version of it. They were adverstised every hr on SBS so it was hard 2 miss them. They hav an uplifting beat 2 the song, its hard not 2 love their music.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=30454&dateline=115992  8199
Your Current Signature Picture
    Sig courtesy goes to : Sazuka. [Sig team]

Otaku AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I love alot of japanese music. It's mostly because I hate lyrics. I hate them. I think a lot of times lyrics or vocals of any kind screw up a song.

Like, you're listening to a song, and the beat is excellent, and everything is good, but then someone starts singing. At that point one of two things usually happens. 1.) The person singing, cannot sing, or 2.) The person can sing at least decently, but whatever he/she is singing about is either completely retarded, completely cliche, or completely LAME.

But japanese music is great, because usually it has a nice beat and electronica or techno tone which I love, and the singing is usually very beautiful. And to top it off, I have no idea what they're saying. It could be retard, cliche AND lame, but I wouldn't care because I don't understand it, and nobody around me does either.

See, I listen to music just because it sounds nice. I give no shit about the 'meaning' behind the song, or the 'meaning' of the song, so if I can't understand the lyrics in the first place, so much the better.

And finally, I love most techno and electronica because of the nice sounding beats and such, and the lack or vocals to screw up the song.

Opeth is the perfect example of when shitty vocals #$ck with good beats. You double click the media file, and your hit with an intense beat, but then that a$#h&le starts with his 'singing', and then you end up having to drug yourself heavily to get his voice out of your head.

Keep eating so many dogs and you're bound to be Communist

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast