Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you get interested into your favorite music

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: How did you get interested into your favorite music

i just listened to it a lot and over time began liking it more.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Otaku Gundragon may be famous one day Gundragon may be famous one day
    Thanks

I took some bands I had heard about from friends and looked up their stuff online; then went from there. That's how I discovered three of my favorite bands, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, and Judas Priest.

Then later, on another anime forum, I discovered European Power Metal band Dragonforce, which further led me to research that type of music and discover many of the bands I love today.

Newbie DHS-Alberio may be famous one day DHS-Alberio may be famous one day DHS-Alberio's Avatar
    Thanks

Utada Hikaru,
    Yasunori Mitsuda,
    Nobuo Uematsu,
    Yuki Kajiura,

At least one of these name should be familiar to Americans that "dig" Japanese music. I like Anything that has a good beat and no lyrics, i like songs that have a good beat and trully romantic, not lovey-lovey, lyrics, I like slow songs with no lyrics, i like classical, i like japanese meditative music, i like ALOT of music in case you couldn't tell.

I got into music by my brothers mistake, downloading linkin park, a band i still very much listen to, and evanescence, another band i still very much listen to. I took these two and ran with music, there are alot of bands i don't care for, but there are a few bands i have fallen in love with the beat of. One is (dun da da dun!) Utada Hikaru, who is Japanese and sings to a trance/techno type beat, in Japanese, and does it very well! I like Yuki Kajiura because of her experimental type music and creepy lyrics in english. I like Yasunori and Uematsu for their lyricless mood fufilling orchestrated music, they're the reason i got into classical.

Yasunori Mitsuda and Nobuo Uematsu are well known for their performances in games like the Final Fantasy Series(Uematsu) and Xeno and Chrono series(Mitsuda); but they do have other songs than the ones in the games, just a little FYI

I like NARADA alot, especially David Lanz, David Arkenstone, and Spencer Brewer. NARADA isn't a band, it's more of a recording name, but none of "their" songs that i know of have lyrics, and are, for the most part, peacefull compositions.

I also really like DaRude, a techno band, and Bond, another Techno band(Surprisingly, they're all girls).

A few lyric bands i listen to besides some of what i mentioned above are (in no particular order):
    Nightwish(More than Sparingly)
    Linkin Park(More than sparingly)
    Evanescence(More than Sparingly)
    Micheal Buble(Very Sparingly)
    Eiffle 65(Sparingly)
    Era(They sing in Latin, i listen to them alot)
    Adiamus(Not really singing, just vocal accompanyments to cool music, i listen to them alot)
    Queen(Very Sparingly)
    Rick Astley(One of two romance type lyrics i listen to alot)
    Cascada(One of two romance type lyrics i listen to alot, only listen to two songs though)
    Enya(for the most part sings in english, slow songs, i Listen to her alot)
    Rammestein(GERMAN((ROCK ON!)) rock band, i listen to very much)
    Jesse Cook(Gypsy and New Gypsy Soul are the only ones i've heard, like and listen to very much)
    Chet Atkins(like Jesse Cook, a master of the guitar, listen to sparingly, i like jesse cook's style more)
    Mighty Mighty Bossetones(Very Sparingly)
    Blink 182(Very Sparingly)
    Jesus Jones(Very Sparingly)
    Fatboy Slim(Very Sparingly)
    Last edited by DHS-Alberio; Apr 24, 2006 at 04:05 PM.

Otaku Space Runner Champion HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink's Avatar
    Thanks

well my japanese music I got into via anime duh and my interest in 1950's smooth sounding jazz just sprung out of know where
    Utada Hikaru,I recognize that one

Thanks alot Sasurihell and Kedar for the sigs and thanks Sammy 65 for the changing pics
    http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1...icsclanhf5.gif[x/img]
    (just remove the "x" from the [x/img] tag!

Newbie Maladjusted may be famous one day Maladjusted may be famous one day Maladjusted's Avatar
    Thanks

I had my fav band drilled into me...
    A couple of mates invited to me to gig cause one of them didnt want to be the only girl, so I said Id go. After that everytime we were together (especially during our young enterprise meetings) they played Pitchshifter's Genius over and over and over and over.... Now I love em and that song is the sex.
    That was pretty much the same time I actually got in to any sort of music

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

I got interested kinda strange way...I was "forced" to listen Kotiteollisuus(heavy rock)
    by Shonen, asn after few huors it started to sound good. After that there has come
    more bands to my collection but still playing only rock ^_^

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

rap, techno, pop or any other kinda music doesn't have any effect on me anymore.
    Rock is my music, and will be like that for loooooong time.
    (sometimes I listen classic thou, like mozart or beethoven, but only when "meditating")

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

pretty much I started listening to rock since I was around 6 year old...I used to listen to mostly rock in spanish...then by the time I got to 5th grade I was into Marilyn Manson....
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast