+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about mmo rpgs?

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: How do you feel about mmo rpgs?

I avoided MMORPGs for most of my life for very good reasons (and one small reason was also due to the fact I used to have a really crappy computer), but I decided to hit CoV after hitting up a little of FlyFF.

...most MMORPGs have annoying people in them. The more serious they are, the more high and mighty they think they are. The more "crazy" they are, the more you shake your head and want to shout at them how they're in a deep form of denial.

...FlyFF is mostly an otaku community, but it isn't as famous as Ragnarok or other sorts... that's why I chose that to be my first. The gameplay is simple and fun, and a lot of random things can be done when you're bored... but it gets really boring if you don't have a best friend with you... *sigh* I waited practically 4 months for Abu to get a computer to join... but I decided to just leave it and start on the MMO I've been wanting to play ever since it came out. City of Villains.

Was it awesome? No, it was kick awesome.
    But then I hit the grinder... trust me, when you're a mastermind, the grinder can get really annoying since it takes eternity of knowing you can die easily without your pets around at full force. And sure, Abu joined me and we got two great friends there too! But again: The grinder.
    I was the highest level compared to Abu and the other two... and since they couldn't help me, I usually had to solo my missions...
    And we all know this: Solo-ing when you're a low level-to-mid level shows you're a badass or a lonewolf! But solo-ing when you're a high level just means you're a loser and nobody likes you.
    So quite frankly, I quit the game... waiting for my friends to level up, but Abu quit in the process. And we've been playing Wii ever since...

But again, I'm not much for MMORPGs... I like that there's no definite ending, because I know I'll miss using my creation that I've been leveling up for months. But of course, it's gotta' have one darn good storyline. And I love how new powers and outfits can easily be uploaded and updated for more interesting gameplay... even how new storylines can be created! And having great friends make the game A LOT more interesting...

But the cons easily outweigh the goods.. it's mostly this: HORRIBLE COMMUNITY.
    I don't care which MMORPG you're talking about, they have horrible people playing the game. Those who think they're the best, those who think they're oh-so-random and cooky, those who ditch you because they're cowards, smack-talkers, etc etc etc...
    Just play the darn game. You wanna' keep smack-talking? Go play an FPS or a Sports game, those are where you're supposed to smack-talk...... smack-talking in a game where it takes mana or potions to do your next attack? Oh come on, that's kinda' pathetic.

...*sigh* But you gotta' stick with your friends. MMORPGs are a great concept, but the way it was presented gave it a horrible start and came crashing down into anarachist oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    MMORPGs are developed by Satan, moderated by the Antichrist and updated by Beelzebub.

.....yeah, what Hassun said.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Also, when you continuously pay a fee to be able to keep playing the game you are paying for terrorist weaponry.

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Also, when you continuously pay a fee to be able to keep playing the game you are paying for terrorist weaponry.
    Pfff, you're just jealous of all the fun we have. Remember kids, instead of studying, play WoW. Instead of going out and interacting with friends, play WoW. Instead of having any sexual life whatsoever, play WoW.

Doesn't that sound better? MMO's are obviously the right choice, .
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

Guild Wars!!!!!!!!!!!
    at the beginning I wasnt much into it. never rly liked rpgs
    but my CS clan was a GW guild so I started playing with them... and having a good group to play with completely changes the experience.
    GW has good graphics and the storyline is COOL.
    so yeah u should try playing GW
    as for paying fees... HELL NO... its a freaking game! I dont want to spend like 20 dollars just to keep playing it
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

Otaku DJjorgen may be famous one day DJjorgen may be famous one day
    Thanks

i played wow till lvl 60 i didnt bother to get the expension cause i got bored already

im sticking to my ps3 . wii and 360 where i can enjoy a great story line
    and actually have a pause button and dont throw my life away
    lose friends and mess up my job/school like so many kids/people
    in the world lately , i had fun it in but there are so many people
    who cant play mmo's moderatly and get so drawn into it
    its sickening , fornunatly for me i i dont have that problem but i dont feel like
    playing any mmo again , normal games on console's dont mess
    up your life so i prefer those and at least they have a story line
    unlike mmo's ( yeah they have one but its so bad and barely being told
    it cant be called a story line )

thanks a mill Naruto1988 for the sig

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks

Online rpgs are actually pretty fun, though sometimes a mission or quest seems too easy to do whenever you get large parties or something of sorts. Another thing that bugs me is when people decide its okay to go and hack/cheat. It happens way too often, games like Diablo II and stuff become really boring when all a person has to do is walk up to you and slap you one with their character and boom your dead..thats pretty annoying

Otaku fled79 may be famous one day fled79 may be famous one day
    Thanks

I love MMO RPG's. I have played a few over the past like 7-8 years. I'ma WoW addict in my spare time (at home not here). I played an MMO called Shadowbane for quite a long time, still do ocassionally, it's proly the best PVP (player versus player) MMO I've ever seen so it's real fun. WoW is awsome especially with the new X-Pac. I'm sure one of these days I'll stop playing them but thats no where in site atm.^^

Otaku Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001's Avatar
    Thanks

For me ive playes city of heros and city of villians for about 3 years. I even did the beta for villians. I played otheres but never realy got into it like these two. I hated WoW because the prices for everything was just crazy. The othere was trying to find things. Tryed The Matrix and to put it bluntly it was horid. Guild wars was good but it had the same problem as WoW in trying to find places.

Quote Originally Posted by deodaclan18 View Post
    Pfff, you're just jealous of all the fun we have. Remember kids, instead of studying, play WoW. Instead of going out and interacting with friends, play WoW. Instead of having any sexual life whatsoever, play WoW.

Doesn't that sound better? MMO's are obviously the right choice, .

Wow sucks play City of Heros and you wont ever go back to it. It might even be better then sex.
    Barbecued,bake,fryed,every sort of sauce as well as bread of dog.......No mater what it always tastes like chicken. Any ideas oh how to change this?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast