+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HP & the Deathly Hallows 12pm release.

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

HP & the Deathly Hallows 12pm release.

Well, tonight is the night for those of you who have done nothing but obsess over the ending to Harry Potter and the Deatlhy Hallows ever since the title for the 7th book was announced by J.K.

For those of you who will be attending a midnight release of the book - including me, because I have nothing better to do - what are your plans? I.e. going in costume, showing up then immediately leaving when you get the book, staying around as long as the manager will let you to read it, skipping ahead to the end etc. What store are you going to and what is the store doing in terms of celebration?

When I get the book (if there are any copies left...) I plan on leaving. I probably won't be in the mood for reading the book that late at night, and it will probably sit on a shelf for a few days before I even open it. I'm going to a Hastings retail store, supposedly there is going to be some games going on along with a costume contest (according to the banner hanging infront of it). It might be fun, might be not, since I've kind of "grown out" of reading fantasy books. If it gets too boring or awkward I"ll probably leave before I even get the book; I'm sure some grocery store will have a few copies the next day when all's said and done.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: HP & the Deathly Hallows 12pm release.

I'm avoiding bookstores like the plague. I don't want to be spoiled. I've already quarantined several sites I won't looking at until I finish the book. I'm so freaking pumped I can't stand it.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

didn't go to the international release, but since i'm going shopping today I will buy it ^^. Last time I didn't buy the book straight away it was spoiled by a friend >_<.

my aim is to beat her reading the book and spoil the book for her XD
    nah im not that cruel lol

it's going to be so tempting to read the last page first though!

Otaku halo3master may be famous one day halo3master may be famous one day halo3master's Avatar
    Thanks

i plan on waiting out there till midnight at my bookmillions i propbly sit my on shelf too unless i get some coffe before i go if so i will start tonight im going to first one to get here i got some people saving my spot in line in front of the store so all i have do get there and get my spot back and i really dont see any spoilers so i barly even came to this thread luckely this isnt a spoiler thread

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

I have got the book,and when i got it(my brother got it for me at hastings)i started to read it. I just finished it. It only took 3 days. i was planning to read it in one day but my brother wouldn't let me.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Exoparadapsyphobia View Post
    Well, tonight is the night for those of you who have done nothing but obsess over the ending to Harry Potter and the Deatlhy Hallows ever since the title for the 7th book was announced by J.K.

For those of you who will be attending a midnight release of the book - including me, because I have nothing better to do - what are your plans? I.e. going in costume, showing up then immediately leaving when you get the book, staying around as long as the manager will let you to read it, skipping ahead to the end etc. What store are you going to and what is the store doing in terms of celebration?

When I get the book (if there are any copies left...) I plan on leaving. I probably won't be in the mood for reading the book that late at night, and it will probably sit on a shelf for a few days before I even open it. I'm going to a Hastings retail store, supposedly there is going to be some games going on along with a costume contest (according to the banner hanging infront of it). It might be fun, might be not, since I've kind of "grown out" of reading fantasy books. If it gets too boring or awkward I"ll probably leave before I even get the book; I'm sure some grocery store will have a few copies the next day when all's said and done.
    I got the book at Wal-Mart, if you can believe, for half the price of a bookstore. I received another copy today as a belated birthday present; hmm . . . what to do with it? I avoided the Internet itself and all human contact until I finished the book (which didn't take that long). I am now reading it to my younger sister and mother and refuse to spoil ANYTHING.

+ Reply to Thread