+ Reply to Thread

Thread: If you beat Pokemon Red/Blue: You were a Jerk.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

If you beat Pokemon Red/Blue: You were a Jerk.

Here are some observations and some speculations I recently made when I went back and played through the original Pokemon Red.

In the Original Pokemon Red/Blue, when you encounter your rival in Lavender Town, he asks whether or not you know what it's like to have one of your Pokemon die.

At this point in the game, he no longer has his Raticate that he used in previous battles. Your rival battle before this took place aboard the SS Anne.

Your rival's Raticate sustained serious injuries from the battle... but, because of crowding and confusion, on the luxury liner, he was unable to make it to a Pokemon Center in time and the Raticate passed away.

The real reason your rival is in Lavender Town to begin with is to lay his deceased friend to rest.

Despite all of this, your rival never outwardly tells you that you're responsible for the death of his Pokemon. He hides his grief and instead channels that energy into motivation he needed to continue his quest to be come Indigo League Champion.

The death of his Raticate effectively destroys your rival's impish, childhood innocence. Although he tells himself that he doesn't hold you responsible, he subconsciously holds a great deal of resentment towards you which further fuels his ambitions.

Tearfully swearing upon his Raticate's grave to not fail in what he set out to do, he trains hard in hopes of becoming better then you... defeating you... and to eventually make it to the Pokemon League.

Mere moments after he became Indigo League Champion, he was defeated... by you. Although he fulfilled his promise to his fallen Pokemon, it was only for a painfully brief instant.

In the end, rival is scolded by his Grandfather while you receive the Professor's praise.

During the course of the game, you steal your rival's Innocence, crush his dreams, and ultimately snatch away the love of his own Grandfather. Oh, and by the way, your Rival doesn't have any Parents. He's an orphan.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: If you beat Pokemon Red/Blue: You were a Jerk.

LMAO!

That is so funny because it's true! I never really thought about it until you mentioned it. I had to relive the game in my mind and then, once it hit me, I couldn't stop laughing. Does that make me a bigger jerk?

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm . . .
    In other words, in Pokemon Red/Blue, you're the cruel rival and your 'rival' is what happens when the hero doesn't win the game.

Otaku Kurai is off to a good start Kurai's Avatar
    Thanks

Whoa, now I feel like even more of a jerk for naming my rival douche lol

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

hahah, oh the things we miss as children, this is hilarious. However, I disagree that I killed his Raticate for whenever you defeat a pokemon they only faint. So I see your death guilt and raise you call to reason: YouTube - Did I Kill Gary's Raticate?

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark. View Post
    hahah, oh the things we miss as children, this is hilarious. However, I disagree that I killed his Raticate for whenever you defeat a pokemon they only faint. So I see your death guilt and raise you call to reason: YouTube - Did I Kill Gary's Raticate?
    It fainted from its injuries, injuries that it could later succumb to too.

Newbie Moose is off to a good start Moose's Avatar
    Thanks

During the course of the game, you steal your rival's Innocence, crush his dreams, and ultimately snatch away the love of his own Grandfather. Oh, and by the way, your Rival doesn't have any Parents. He's an orphan.
    [/QUOTE]

XD XD XD Omg, i feel like such an ass hole!

Death is as generation is, a composition of like elements, and a decompostion into the same.

Newbie Koron Fallin is off to a good start Koron Fallin's Avatar
    Thanks

funny how u never think about this wen ur a kid playing pokemon. u just think ur innocent and that he is the jerk for always trying to beat u....

+ Reply to Thread