+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ::If you do not understand it:(???):Than don't Listen::

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Arrow ::If you do not understand it:(???):Than don't Listen::

(???)

What is your views on this?

I mean really if you can't understand what the person is saying, let alone anything the song is about. Than why listen? There's a saying "Listening to the words" not the melody or beat.

I know a great deal of us here listen to songs we don't understand. What are your views on this? Are you really listening to it for the beat, and not caring for the lyrics? Or can you actually say your listening to it for the song?

::My story::

When I was 7ish-10ish years old, I had recorded the movie off TV. I heard a song. I heard a song I didn't understand. The Movie was calledX. When I was little, I really liked this song. And for many times I replayed it and replayed it. Well time past and I stop doing so. I had forgotten it with time. Till one day when I was 16-17 years old I heard the song again, and it had the same effect on me. I went looking around for the song online until I found it. I almost gave up many of the times.

The song was called Forever Love by X Japan.

To finish this story up. I still love this song today, and I didn't have to understand the song to love it. I am just wondering on peoples opinions.
    Thank you for your replies
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: ::If you do not understand it:(???):Than don't Listen::

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. K View Post
    (???)

What is your views on this?

I mean really if you can't understand what the person is saying, let alone anything the song is about. Than why listen? There's a saying "Listening to the words" not the melody or beat.

I know a great deal of us here listen to songs we don't understand. What are your views on this? Are you really listening to it for the beat, and not caring for the lyrics? Or can you actually say your listening to it for the song?

Thank you for your replies
    Both, but just because I don't listen to lyrics doesn't mean that I can't appreciate it as part of the music. I can't always tell you the lyrics but I can twll you if I like what the son added or not.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to beast For This Useful Post:

SamuraiDude128 (Jun 06, 2010)

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

My views on this one is that when you listen to a song it attracts it and it also repels through time. My only point of view is that im not into the lyrics at all but the solemnly repeatedly beat because without a beat there is no sound to it to me it just confuses me when i try to listen to the lyrics and im not that particular person with lyrics on songs only the beat of the song that is why i only listen to electronica music because of the pure and quality of the beat that attracts me only and i wish to interact more with the beat of this electronica music it is always puzzling to me when i dont get the beat sometimes it just makes me wonder on how direct it is. so to end this i cna say that there are thousands of songs that confuses people around the globe not just particular people that have disadvantages from listening to music. thank you and that is it for me.

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

What about foreign music? Are you saying we don't have a right to enjoy J-Pop if we don't speak Japanese? That is just dumb.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to beast For This Useful Post:

dark1angel (Jun 06, 2010)

Banned Blobber Champion, Spiffyspeud Champion, Knockturn Alley Champion, Feed Lindsay Lohan Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Narnia - Rapid Retreat Champion, Matrix Dock Defense Champion, Defend the Attack Champion, Uncover the Imposter Champion, Kong v/s New York Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion The Beatle is off to a good start
    Thanks

A song can be so smooth and relaxing. Its like classical no words but its breathtaking (Air on G by Bach so Amazing) and when you are older it brings back so many memories. Most people who go to the Opera don't have a clue what they are saying but it's still enjoyable to them.

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    What about foreign music? Are you saying we don't have a right to enjoy J-Pop if we don't speak Japanese? That is just dumb.
    Wow; Who are you challenging here?

I just asked a question. Do you believe that it is needed to understand the music, to say your a true fan of the music? I mean if you don't know the lyrics or there meaning. Are you really just listening to it because of the beats? It just appears that way. I mean I don't know much Japanese, but I can make out the basics, the same goes with Corean, and a wee bite less with Chinese.

Don't make this a debate. I am just using pure logic here. I love foregin music myself, but I still go get the meaning when I am done listening. JJ Lin Jun Jie killa sha shou is a great example. I listen to that song, not knowing the meaning untill I looked it up. Still like the song, but dang.
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Banned Blobber Champion, Spiffyspeud Champion, Knockturn Alley Champion, Feed Lindsay Lohan Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Narnia - Rapid Retreat Champion, Matrix Dock Defense Champion, Defend the Attack Champion, Uncover the Imposter Champion, Kong v/s New York Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion The Beatle is off to a good start
    Thanks

I agree but the same can be true for your own language. Most of the time when a person is singing a song they screw up the words because it sounds to them different then what they are really singing. Which means they don't know the words but they still love the song.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I grew up in a predominately Black neighborhood and attended schools where white people were the minority. Being mixed, I grew up listening to as much rock as I did rap/hip-hop. To this day, it bothers the crap out of me when I hear people in my old neighborhood talk about how they like the songs because "that beat is tight". It makes no sense. Especially considering that a lot of main stream rappers are pretty much talking about absolutely nothing at all! Rock music has had a decline in quality lyrics as well. If I wanna hear about people abusing/selling dope and having ridiculous amounts of sex, I'll go to a friggin' 12-step meeting!

I wanna listen to music that tells a story, not music that boasts all of the things I'm sick and tired of dealing with. I don't want my son to hear that garbage either. If the words don't apply, why are you listening to it? Why would I wanna listen to people talking about coccaine abuse, cheating on your GF/wife or how much money is in their pockets?? Why should anybody else care about that?

+ Reply to Thread