+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Impulse

Otaku OfeliasFire is off to a good start OfeliasFire's Avatar
    Thanks

Impulse

Prolouge:

Sometimes you don't wake up. But if you happen to, you know things will never be the same.Three lives, three different paths to the same destination: Aspen Springs, a psychiatric hospital for those who have attempted the ultimate act -- suicide.Vanessa is beautiful and smart, but her secrets keep her answering the call of the blade.Tony, after suffering a painful childhood, can only find peace through pills.And Conner, outwardly, has the perfect life. But dig a little deeper and find a boy who is in constant battle with his parents, his life, himself. In one instant each of these young people decided enough was enough. They grabbed the blade, the bottle, the gun -- and tried to end it all. Now they have a second chance, and just maybe, with each other's help, they can find their way to a better life -- but only if they're strong and can fight the demons that brought them here in the first place.

I borrowed this book from a friend. I haven't finished it yet, but of what I have read it has been really really good. The book is written a bit differently... it is written in the style of a poem. Which is one of the main things that really interested me about it. The book is written by Ellen Hopkins. She had two other books name Crank, and Burned...I haven't read those but if I continue to like this book...I just might read them. Questions or comments anyone? ^-^
    Dear Dinah...

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Re: Impulse

i havent heard of ths but i have a few poems that
    are storys in poem form like my crimson lust series
    i have 4 parts to it , but i love good story thats in poem
    form , it keeps me intrested i will have to check this book
    out.

and what is the plot of the book so far ? you can pm
    me if you dont want to spoil anything for people who might
    read this thread
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

+ Reply to Thread