+ Reply to Thread

Thread: imvu. weirds me out!

Otaku nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz's Avatar
    Thanks

imvu. weirds me out!

ok I was just leaving a message to a friend and an ad for imvu is at the top of the screen.

I know AO is showing the ad but whats weirding me out is that peoples avatar can make out there....WTF!

Have people become so un-sociale that they have to date with an avatar!

Is any one else freack by this?

and is any one here on that site if so please clarifiy about the kissing ad.

I sell these card at work and have seen even little girls like 8 and 12 buying these cards.

Dose the parent even check out the site or what.

Whats your thoughts?
    Kamen Rider....DECADE!!!

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: imvu. weirds me out!

Quote Originally Posted by nightboyz View Post
    ok I was just leaving a message to a friend and an ad for imvu is at the top of the screen.

I know AO is showing the ad but whats weirding me out is that peoples avatar can make out there....WTF!

Have people become so un-sociale that they have to date with an avatar!

Is any one else freack by this?

and is any one here on that site if so please clarifiy about the kissing ad.

I sell these card at work and have seen even little girls like 8 and 12 buying these cards.

Dose the parent even check out the site or what.

Whats your thoughts?
    well...there are a lot of weird and disturbing things out there, especially within the net. there's nothing you can do at this moment...something bad has to happened first.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

People have been online-dating for quite some time. And no, I'm not talking about legitimate-dating where they meet each other in real life: I'm talking about people who pretend they're dating in forums, going out on MMO-dates, having fake marriages inside forums, etc.

It's nothing new. It's not anti-socially horrid or any of that. It only is when the people are like........ 30.
    But most of them going to these sites and doing these things, are kids. They're just being kids, playing out their fantasies. And sure, that causes social problems in the future if they solely depend on that kind of stuff - but the fact is that the companies/creators added those features in several programs, games, and etc for the main reason that kids (and creepy adults) were going to pay for/go to these sites for this kind of stuff.

And your question of "Dose the parent even check out the site or what." : The answer simply is NO.
    ...parents have complained about these things for the most of... forever... but the thing is, most parents really don't check whether something's safe or not. It's like movies, a good number of parents never check the rating of a movie if the kid keeps screaming that it's about "superheroes".
    ...I don't know if it's laziness or just plain ol' stubbornness that these parents seriously believe that anything the kid asks for / tries out is kid-friendly.

It's always been this way, IMVU is nothing new.

If you're going to tackle the problem, don't attack the companies and corporations that made these kid-magnets, attack the parents for not being involved with their child's life.

Newbie dantay6 may be famous one day dantay6 may be famous one day dantay6's Avatar
    Thanks

hmm... it doesnt freak me out. i know quite a few people that date online and admittedly it is a bit strange as they get quite attached and when you try saying its not totally healthy for them to ignore everyone and spend every day on the net, they get veryyyy touchy about that.
    thats my only complaint about it.
    other than that i find it perfectly acceptable.

Otaku nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    People have been online-dating for quite some time. And no, I'm not talking about legitimate-dating where they meet each other in real life: I'm talking about people who pretend they're dating in forums, going out on MMO-dates, having fake marriages inside forums, etc.

It's nothing new. It's not anti-socially horrid or any of that. It only is when the people are like........ 30.
    But most of them going to these sites and doing these things, are kids. They're just being kids, playing out their fantasies. And sure, that causes social problems in the future if they solely depend on that kind of stuff - but the fact is that the companies/creators added those features in several programs, games, and etc for the main reason that kids (and creepy adults) were going to pay for/go to these sites for this kind of stuff.

And your question of "Dose the parent even check out the site or what." : The answer simply is NO.
    ...parents have complained about these things for the most of... forever... but the thing is, most parents really don't check whether something's safe or not. It's like movies, a good number of parents never check the rating of a movie if the kid keeps screaming that it's about "superheroes".
    ...I don't know if it's laziness or just plain ol' stubbornness that these parents seriously believe that anything the kid asks for / tries out is kid-friendly.

It's always been this way, IMVU is nothing new.

If you're going to tackle the problem, don't attack the companies and corporations that made these kid-magnets, attack the parents for not being involved with their child's life.

At least for the most part were on the same side. I have to admite I made this thread without really thinking about it. I should have seen this coming.
    Yeah im going to go with bad parenting.

That what I get I guess.
    To be honist I fell I wasted space making this thead kinda wish I did'nt make it.

My Bad every one!

BAD LAMA BAD!!
    Kamen Rider....DECADE!!!

Otaku Robo Soccer Champion, Gorillaz Groove Session Champion blackrose92 is off to a good start blackrose92's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nightboyz View Post

At least for the most part were on the same side. I have to admite I made this thread without really thinking about it. I should have seen this coming.
    Yeah im going to go with bad parenting.

That what I get I guess.
    To be honist I fell I wasted space making this thead kinda wish I did'nt make it.

My Bad every one!

BAD LAMA BAD!!

^^ mistakes happen dont feel too bad lol
    I'm the best you'll ever have because i am that f*ing AMA-zing chic who can stand on her own d*n feet and becasue of you I am the Greatest Thank you so much SasuraiHell and Gwen

+ Reply to Thread