+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Inception

Otaku Kurai is off to a good start Kurai's Avatar
    Thanks

Inception

I saw this movie today, and it was very enjoyable.

I didn't know much about it before I saw it, all I knew was that it was a Sci-Fi film directed by Christopher Nolan and starring Leonardo DeCaprio.

This movie is very exiting, clever, and interesting. The plot is very gripping, and the action sequences make the movie more enjoyable.

When the movie finished, my head felt kinda strange when I stepped outside the cinema, and I will probably have some really wierd dream tonight thanks to the film :P.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Inception

yes...it's very good sci-fi film that combines suspense, mystery, and action. this is one of the key elements in every sci-fi should have for it's purity. saddly, the vast majority of sci-fi no longer adds these elements. nolan has returned it once again. it's like watching kubrick's work.

i bet some people misinterpret the ending. i took me twice to understand it.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I saw it and thought it really good, first good action/psychological thriller that's been put out recently. I said 'son of a bitch' out loud at the end, I sort of applaud Nolan for trolling the audience like that. A part of me felt it coming, and I'm glad Nolan chose to end it that way. I sorta wish they would've explored the concept of nightmares a little more, though I suppose you could classify the contents of the main character's dreams as nightmares..

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark. View Post
    I saw it and thought it really good, first good action/psychological thriller that's been put out recently. I said 'son of a bitch' out loud at the end, I sort of applaud Nolan for trolling the audience like that. A part of me felt it coming, and I'm glad Nolan chose to end it that way. I sorta wish they would've explored the concept of nightmares a little more, though I suppose you could classify the contents of the main character's dreams as nightmares..
    partially as a form of a nightmare(s), but i consider it as a fusion of it and memories. it would appear that subconsciously he wasn't able to "let go" his tragic memories of his departed wife. so, in order for him to cope with that, he combine his dreams and memories as one just to keep her "alive" in him because he wasn't ready to remove her...alone that is.

hhhhmmmm...what is your interpretation of the ending by the way? i have a feeling we have a different answer here.

by the way, the movie kinda gives you an idea and understanding that the mind is truly amazing. after all it has a 1000 times the size of memory of a 3GB computer, that's one fact that you be amazed as well.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

The ending, to me, mocks the deus ex machina, "and then he woke up and it was all a dream," a new spin on an old classic, as it were. It feeds off that existential idea of, "those are our dreams but whose dreams are we in?" Nolan broke the fourth wall to ask the old "what defines reality" question. That's why I say Nolan was trolling the audience for doing that, to me the ending was like someone annoucing "I just lost the game", to someone who had forgot about it for 3 months.

The ending also reminded me a lot of American Psycho when it did that. It's almost comical if you've had the existential conversation a million times.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark. View Post
    The ending, to me, mocks the deus ex machina, "and then he woke up and it was all a dream," a new spin on an old classic, as it were. It feeds off that existential idea of, "those are our dreams but whose dreams are we in?" Nolan broke the fourth wall to ask the old "what defines reality" question. That's why I say Nolan was trolling the audience for doing that, to me the ending was like someone annoucing "I just lost the game", to someone who had forgot about it for 3 months.

The ending also reminded me a lot of American Psycho when it did that. It's almost comical if you've had the existential conversation a million times.
    well in a metaphor, that might be that interpretation(s), just like how kubrick's films are. from what i've remember that the ending is that he placed his family into an inception in order for him to fix his broken family. after all, dominic ask saito how to fix his family and saito said, "...just like inception."

in american psycho, i think the ending shows that he's starting to become the "american psycho". since all those imaginative events are taking over his reality each day and he's starting to loose his grip as well, just any psychotic killers.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

It was great. I thought it was amazing how it brought together elements of horror (that wife was creepy), suspense/thriller, action, etc. while exploring a very interesting idea. The acting was sufficient (at least), and I absolutely loved the direction: I think that's what made it such a cohesive film. On top of it all, the settings and special effects were beautiful. Throughout the movie, you may suspect certain plot twists or outcomes, but each scene is a new experience and ultimately unpredictable.

The only thing that bothers me about the movie is that a sequel seems very improbable. It should go without saying that if they do make a sequel, it will only be half as good as the first, if that. I guess that goes for most movies, though.

Newbie elena86 is off to a good start
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Kurai;693375]I saw this movie today, and it was very enjoyable.

I didn't know much about it before I saw it, all I knew was that it was a Sci-Fi film directed by Christopher Nolan and starring Leonardo DeCaprio.

This movie is very exiting, clever, and interesting. The plot is very gripping, and the action sequences make the movie more enjoyable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast