+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interview with a Vampire/ Queen of the Damned

Newbie Ninja_Amaya is off to a good start Ninja_Amaya's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Interview with a Vampire/ Queen of the Damned

For me I'm a big Anne Rice fan. I love her books ! So when I finally was able to her two books Interview with a Vampire and Queen of the Damned on the big screen I was very excited.

I'm not really sure how many of you are fans of ther series or have even seen the movies. But my question is would you like to see both movies re-made?
    Did the movies out live of up to what you had hope for or not?
    What would you have changed or liked to see?

Personally I was alittle disappoint. I was more disappointed in queen of the damned more so then Interview with a Vampire because I didn't find the story was fully meet and understood. As well I didn't like the casting and characterization of Lestat.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Interview with a Vampire/ Queen of the Damned

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Amaya View Post
    For me I'm a big Anne Rice fan. I love her books ! So when I finally was able to her two books Interview with a Vampire and Queen of the Damned on the big screen I was very excited.

I'm not really sure how many of you are fans of ther series or have even seen the movies. But my question is would you like to see both movies re-made?
    Did the movies out live of up to what you had hope for or not?
    What would you have changed or liked to see?

Personally I was alittle disappoint. I was more disappointed in queen of the damned more so then Interview with a Vampire because I didn't find the story was fully meet and understood. As well I didn't like the casting and characterization of Lestat.
    As anyone knows, creating a film from a book is not an easy task and rarely does it justice. You just have to work with what you can and usually, the final reel is completely different than the book. They might try continuing with the rest of the chronicles; I would prefer that instead od remakes.

Interview with a Vampire is one of my favorite films, but that was before I ended up reading the book. It was amusingly enough, the last book I read in her collection so I had a little problem. Queen of the damned was just bad in my opinion, and that isn't even in comparison to the book. I didn't care for the actors, the music, nor special effects.

Books = Good/ Movie= Bad

I prefer Tom Cruise as Lestat and Brad Pitt as Louis so a re-make is out of the question.

Newbie Ninja_Amaya is off to a good start Ninja_Amaya's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Interview with a Vampire/ Queen of the Damned

hmm.. I have to agree. It is harder to make a good a movie when the book is hard to live up to. I guess it's all you can do. I would like to see another interpretation of it though, I think it would be interesting to see.

+ Reply to Thread