+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Iron Man vs. The Dark Knight

Newbie ilovenaruto11 is off to a good start ilovenaruto11's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Iron Man vs. The Dark Knight

i love both so idk........... lol iron man is really kool and so is the dark knight i thin k iron man would win in a battle tho!!

you will always find that certain someone to make you feel special and important and good about yourself. all you need to do is believe.
    made by jazzy95

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I'll start with saying I loved both films. I did not expect to enjoy Iron Man as much as I did, and I was impressed with Ledger's performance in the Dark Knight. Overall however, I believe The Dark Knight is a superior film. This is my reasoning, and I'll start by saying it has to do with Ledger, but I'll also say that Ledger is not the entire reason I love the Dark Knight better.

It is typical of many superhero films to have very very high stakes such as, 'well the world's going to end if you don't beat this guy.' This new Batman series I feel is able to still be very dramatic, but at the same time, the world doesn't end just because The Joker 'wins.' The Joker is a terrorist in this film; his only goal is to ignite chaos and doubt into Gotham and completely demoralize it. The world doesn't end if Gotham becomes a hellhole; it becomes a tragedy, not an apocolypse.

Iron Man follows the same, predictable, power-crazy villain that could take over the world. Granted, Downey Jr. does a fantastic job of portraying a flawed hero, as is the tradition of Marvel, but the story of the film as a whole is nothing new or even interesting. Of course to make up for this fact, we're hit with cutting edge special effects and 'explosions,' but I think where Iron Man falls short, The Dark Knight blows it out of the water.

One of my favorite scenes in the Dark Knight film is when Batman and the Joker are in the interrogation room. We really got a glimpse into the mind of this madman, and how he acts almost biblical; acting as the devil, tempting a believer. It was brilliant, because you don't see it in other super hero movies.

Otaku Click The Colour Champion darkangel1240 is off to a good start darkangel1240's Avatar
    Thanks

the dark knight! Iron man was soo lame! The joker in the Dark knight was amazing!

Vampire Freaks☠I am not going 2 be on for awhile... ☠

Newbie NinjaRyu is off to a good start NinjaRyu's Avatar
    Thanks

Iron man because it was more true to the comic then dark knight. Downey Jr. did a perfect job on his part, and Ledger did a perfect job as well. It really isn't fair to compare the two since The Dark Knight is a sequel and they didnt have to introduce all the characters like in Iron man giving them more space for story.
    "I've come to deliver some bad luck" Train Hartnett

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

I truly believe that the Dark Knight was the better of two. I mean Iron Man was incredible but it didn't have the emothional complexity that the Dark Knight had. I give it my vote just becuase it was deep.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Newbie Vandread_Dita may be famous one day Vandread_Dita may be famous one day Vandread_Dita's Avatar
    Thanks

well i thought the dark night was just ok. reason? everyone made a big deal out of it, so i guess i expected it to be the best movie of all time. the only reason its getting all the hype, is because heath ledger died.

as for iron man, i thought it was a good direction for marvel to turn, especially after the terrible spiderman 3 movie. they got the origin story almost perfect (modernized it a, so that the generation could relate). looking at it from a nutral stand point, i think iron man was a better movie by far
    touch the untouchable, break the unbreakable, raw raw fight the powah

Newbie Lestat Uchiha is off to a good start Lestat Uchiha's Avatar
    Thanks

Heres the thing....
    THEYRE DIFFERENT
    iron man was a debut and the dark knight was a sequel, we had no idea what to expect from iron man, and i liked it. the gears, the gadgets, robert downey jr..it all matched to me
    we knew what to expect with the dark knight, and it was still great. theyre different.
    ones dc the others marvel..Come on people!
    Mushroom Cloud Laying MotherFudger

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...Ezekiel 25:17

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

Eh...well, I'm going to say that I liked The Dark Knight alot more than Iron Man...

Why? Because Iron Man just...didn't take hold of my interest. I don't know why, just something I wasn't into at ALL. Now, as for The Dark Knight, I absolutely loved that. Sure, it was really long, but it had something going on almost always! And it explains about the Joker and Two-Face in the SAME MOVIE! I absolutely loved it, the effects, the music, characters, the plot, everything.

Overall, I deffinatly loved The Dark Knight the best~! ^^

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast