+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Iron Man vs. The Dark Knight

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Iron Man vs. The Dark Knight

Iron Man, but only by a fraction of a margin. Both films have intricate plotlines, and both bordered on receiving near universal praise from critics, but I'd have to go with Iron Man for it's humour, technological detail, realistic scenes of an Afghan cave (despite filming entirely in the US), and Robert Downey Jr.'s amazing performance.

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel1240 View Post
    the dark knight! Iron man was soo lame! The joker in the Dark knight was amazing!
    Oh come on, it wasn't lame. Both films received highly positive reviews from citics, so I wouldn't call either of them lame. Yeah, the Joker was amazing. Or, rather, Heath Ledger was amazing. As an Australian, I still mourn his death. But I'll have to say, Robert Downey Jr. was also amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaRyu View Post
    Iron man because it was more true to the comic then dark knight. Downey Jr. did a perfect job on his part, and Ledger did a perfect job as well. It really isn't fair to compare the two since The Dark Knight is a sequel and they didnt have to introduce all the characters like in Iron man giving them more space for story.
    There were definitely more humourous aspects to Iron Man than The Dark Knight, and Robert Downey Jr. did an excellent job as Spark. For those who say, "The Dark Knight had the Joker", well, "Iron Man had Downey Jr." It's also true that the Dark Knight did not have to waste precious time introducing characters, and it's length of two & a half hours allowed the illusion of a deeper plot. The many twists in the film reminded me of a cat&mouse chase.

Regardless, The Dark Knight was an excellent film. I liked it for its originality, and for the suspense that I was kept in for the entire film. I disliked the death of Rachel though. Or rather, I dislike all deaths in films in general.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mystical shadow angel For This Useful Post:

dark anime prince (Oct 15, 2008)

Newbie dark anime prince may be famous one day dark anime prince may be famous one day dark anime prince's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Iron Man vs. The Dark Knight

I immensely enjoyed both films, but if I had to choose one to rewatch, it'd be Iron Man (followed shortly by The Dark Knight, so they're pretty much even). So in that sense, you could say that I "liked" Iron Man a tad more. I enjoy movies that incorporate different entertainment aspects, and humour is definitely on the top of the list. There weren't enough humourous scenes in The Dark Knight for my liking, and the Joker was probably the "funniest" character.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical shadow angel View Post
    As an Australian, I still mourn his death. But I'll have to say, Robert Downey Jr. was also amazing.
    As a fellow Australian myself, I too still mourn Heath Ledger's death. A great loss to the theatres indeed. And yeah, you're absolutely right. Downey Jr. was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical shadow angel View Post
    For those who say, "The Dark Knight had the Joker", well, "Iron Man had Downey Jr."
    Too true! Both were excellent performances. It's unfair to say one's better than the other.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3