+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Isit just me or ain't things how they used to be?

Newbie MagnaCartana may be famous one day MagnaCartana may be famous one day MagnaCartana's Avatar
    Thanks

Isit just me or ain't things how they used to be?

When I look at some of the crap today and how it looks in comparison to some earlier movies, I wonder what the hell is happing to the movies and other crap we watch. If its not the same thing all over again its a completely useless, sensless plot with everything looking like plastic or clay!!!

I never lived near a movie theater so I couldn't go watch any movies on the big screen and now, here I am, all these oppertunities and nothing, NOTHING interesting to watch!!!

What the hell is wrong these days. It seems like all the interesting ideas have been used. Every now and then a new movie comes along that amazes but as of lately, I can't recall one great movie, and accually, now that I think of it, no great game either.

Am I the only idiot who thinks this is true?! Am I just not looking hard enough? What do you, the AO people , think?

Newbie roly_poly may be famous one day roly_poly may be famous one day roly_poly's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Isit just me or ain't things how they used to be?

maybe movies just seemed better when you were younger. that's how i feel. a couple years ago when i was still in early teens, i thought that shrek, george of the jungle and scary movie were the best movies i had ever seen. now that i've gotten slightly older [and oh so much more wiser] i do struggle to find a movie that i really like. maybe its because i've seen a lot of movies and have quite a bit to judge something against. or maybe its because i hear so many differing reviews about a single movie, some may think its brilliant while others give it a mere "meh".

also, so many movies are being made that a lot of people dont even get to see a lot of them. back in "the days" people would go to the cinema where they would only screen a couple of movies, not the usual 5 or 6 you can get today. i reckon that everyone 20 and over saw movies like the first Star Wars and E.T when they first came out because there wasn't much else.

one more thing, i think some people have stopped being impressed with special effects. they're getting more realistic by the minute, but so what?

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Our memory remembers good aspects better than bad aspects.
    Therefore, the past usually seems better than the present.
    E.g. Many old people use the "In my day everything was so much better" line many times.

However! For some people and in relation to so things it might actually be the case. In my experience this usually has something to do with things being a whole lot simpler in the past than they are today.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

True Hassun.

There is also the desensitization factor when you are talking about movies as well though. People become used to what used to "thrill" and they have to keep upping the ante to get the same reaction. It has gotten to the point that it's not about the plot only how much of a reaction you can get from your audience. Add to that that essentially it's a business like any other and they want to make a safe buck and they tend to churn out whatever they think people will buy quality be damned.

There has always been movies like that it's only the amount that has increased. There also doesn't seem to be as much in the middle.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Re: Isit just me or ain't things how they used to be?

Things have changed a lot! You have to watch where you go these days too. The movies and tv shows are not that bad,but horror movies aren't scarying anybody now! I saw a young boy who wanted to watch Chucky! I agree things are not the same anymore.

+ Reply to Thread