+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: It's Official: Harry Potter has a Gay Character

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

It's Official: Harry Potter has a Gay Character

In the realm of the incredibly bizarre, J.K. Rowling has just revealed that the character Albus Dumbledore is gay.

Read more:
    J.K. Rowling outs Hogwarts character - Yahoo! News

Not sure how I feel about this... now that the books are over and everyone's purchased them, making a revelation like this seems nothing more than an attempt to milk publicity. If she was going to include a homosexual character, she'd have done a much larger service to the gay community to out that character BEFORE she had made millions of dollars off of the books.

Yet more evidence that Dumbledore is struggling to fill Gandalf's mighty shoes. I bet Ian McKellen is having a good laugh right now.

Thoughts?

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: It's Official: Harry Potter has a Gay Character

dear god, even so, revealing that this master gay wizard is a homosexual has no real meaning,relevance,importance at all. she merely gave into the rumors and came up with some crack-pot fantasy story of dumbledore's escapades to further leech off the fanfiction.

This was a poor decision for J.K, as you said Tsu, stating this from the very beginning(hell, before the movies at least!) would have went over better.

jeezes, the fruity world of harry potter, A homosexual Old man and a strapping young wizard to be, what an uncanny duo!!

im actually more appalled at the fact she's left this secret(which obviously she knew the major reactions and publicity she would get by introducing a homosexual in a children's book, not saying its wrong, but you have to be a pretty ignorant author to somehow leave this to the last minute) to be uncovered at such a late time in HarryPotter(thats probably the reason why, HP's lost its appeal.

very bad taste

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SasuraiHell View Post
    jeezes, the fruity world of harry potter, A homosexual Old man and a strapping young wizard to be...
    pffft... old gay wizards can do a hell of a lot better than bespectacled adolescent emokids.

Did you see Ian McKellen's date to the oscars a few years back?! O_o; RAWR baby RAWR!

Otaku Kazaf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Sooo in the next movie is Dumbledore gonna go out of his way to have a gay love triangle of some sort? Lol this definitely is a shot at publicity. Either that or someone really got it into her head that Dumbledore being gay would attract more of that type's readers. Man just let it be...I don't want to have to think that he is gay for Harry Lol "3 point for Gryffindor ^_~"
    Last edited by Kazaf; Oct 20, 2007 at 12:57 AM.

Thanks

Why does "gay" automatically = "child molestor"?

If Dumbledore being gay means he had secret sexy designs on Harry, then does that mean every single heterosexual male cast member was out to bonk Hermione?

I think it's as silly as the next person, but geez guys: give homosexuals some credit.

Otaku Kazaf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Lol I guess you got me there. Although I was merely making light of the situation. In a way I kinda wish that was the case O_o. Hell if it was with Snape that would be even better...just putting thought out there. haha

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

What I find funny is all the fuzz they are making on the net about this. The newsgroups are speaking like he was a real person not a fictional character of an over-hipped series of books and movies.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GallComp View Post
    over-hipped
    You crack me up Gallcomp, you really do.

Well, it doesn't really have any relevance to the story as SasuraiHell said.
    Maybe JK Rowling only made that decision after most of the story was written.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast