+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: j pop

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: j pop

Quote Originally Posted by Arukih View Post
    Well I think we talking about J POP and AKF-Generation, Beat Crusaders defenily are not JPOP...They are pretty much Jrock!
    Hate to break it to you, but the word "Jrock" doesn't exist in Japan ^^; It's a label made up by overseas fangirls to build up visual kei music over morning musume... because they couldn't handle the two being in the same category. So excluding something from this thread (or the genre) on that basis is a little silly...

Go to any Japanese music store. All the "J-rock" is mixed in with everything else (though there are a few stores that deal only in indies and visual kei - BRAND X, Closet Child, etc.).

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I think we talking about J POP and AKF-Generation, Beat Crusaders defenily are not JPOP...They are pretty much Jrock!

But Akeboshi is really good I respect him so much!! he is very good in piano!!
    It's practically the same thing! J-pop, J-rock, J-rap... It's all J-Pop!! Pop is just an abbreviation of popular music. If it's popular, it's pop. I don't consider all music pop music (I'm not retarded), but when talkin' about J-pop, it shouldn't matter unless you live there. That's my opinion anyway. I mean, everybody's listed groups other than J-pop in this thread. I know I listed mostly J-Rock and J-Rap. So, knitpicking really doesn't mean anything.

Anyway, AKF-Generation rocks my socks!! I love thier music. They go from upbeat to mellow, back to upbeat then they ROCK YOUR FACE OFF!!! LOL.

Devoted Otaku hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957's Avatar
    Thanks

thanks again u guys rock..ill be listing to more japanese music now :Pi was wondering if any one knew who sang the song bomb a head.
    Last edited by hiei9957; Nov 30, 2007 at 11:33 AM.

Newbie Lowshuwa is off to a good start Lowshuwa's Avatar
    Thanks

Asian Kung-fu Generation
    UVERworld
    Epic High (chinese i think, but their good)
    Big Bang (Korean)
    Ayumi Hamasaki

their all pretty good, check them out. ^^

Lazy Ninja Puyo Champion Sei-chan may be famous one day Sei-chan may be famous one day Sei-chan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hiei9957 View Post
    thanks again u guys rock..ill be listing to more japanese music now :Pi was wondering if any one knew who sang the song bomb a head.
    The Tenjou Tenge opening was sung by m.c.A-T feat. DA PUMP
    YouTube - m.c.A-T feat. DA PUMP - Bomb A Head! Returns!

Quote Originally Posted by Lowshuwa View Post
    Asian Kung-fu Generation
    UVERworld
    Epic High (Chinese I think, but their good)
    Big Bang (Korean)
    Ayumi Hamasaki

their all pretty good, check them out. ^^
    Epik High is Korean hip-hop and rap. Why are you listing Big Bang if they have never sung a Japanese song Oo?

This really has become a list thread.
    関西は最高やねん

Devoted Otaku hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957's Avatar
    Thanks

i didnt mean for this to become a list thread.

sorry....

Tanks zyta

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but the word "Jrock" doesn't exist in Japan ^^; It's a label made up by overseas fangirls to build up visual kei music over morning musume... because they couldn't handle the two being in the same category. So excluding something from this thread (or the genre) on that basis is a little silly...

Go to any Japanese music store. All the "J-rock" is mixed in with everything else (though there are a few stores that deal only in indies and visual kei - BRAND X, Closet Child, etc.).
    well im pretty sure they dont call any genre of their music like j-this or j-that, but for all ppl i met use to the "J" whatever they want coz it's coming form Japan, like in Portugal we use to say B-pop when the pop song comes from UK coz is British's pop, i dont really care if they dont call that but to me is Rock coz sounds like Rock music and comes from Japan so is Japanese Rock!!

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

well im pretty sure they dont call any genre of their music like j-this or j-that,
    But they do.

The music industry in Japan is quite small and makes up only a small portion of what the Japanese themselves listen to. "Jazz" is a genre... Japanese jazz included with western jazz. "Soundtracks" is a genre. "Enka" is a genre. "Children's Music" is a genre. But all popular radio play music is called "J-pop"... by the music stores, by the radio, by Japanese and by expats living in Japan. There isn't any "J-rock" (there is "Visual Kei", there's "indies"... but there's no "J-rock").

The "J-rock" term is rather new... it's popular useage can be traced directly to the internet popularity of Visual Kei music with foreign fangirls in the late 90s. I know... I was there, I was one of them, and I had this argument 6,000 times before I actually WENT to Japan and figured out we were all full of ****.

Japanese people don't use it... nor do they make any genre distinction between the music of L'arc en Ciel, ORANGE RANGE, Utada Hikaru and Morning Musume.

It's a favorite non-issue argument with Japanophiles, but it's really totally irrelevant.

Sort of like "Is Green Day punk, rock or pop?"

At the end of the day, no one really cares except the little group of internet fanboys and fangirls you're having the argument with.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast