+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: j pop

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: j pop

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    But they do.

The music industry in Japan is quite small and makes up only a small portion of what the Japanese themselves listen to. "Jazz" is a genre... Japanese jazz included with western jazz. "Soundtracks" is a genre. "Enka" is a genre. "Children's Music" is a genre. But all popular radio play music is called "J-pop"... by the music stores, by the radio, by Japanese and by expats living in Japan. There isn't any "J-rock" (there is "Visual Kei", there's "indies"... but there's no "J-rock").

The "J-rock" term is rather new... it's popular useage can be traced directly to the internet popularity of Visual Kei music with foreign fangirls in the late 90s. I know... I was there, I was one of them, and I had this argument 6,000 times before I actually WENT to Japan and figured out we were all full of ****.

Japanese people don't use it... nor do they make any genre distinction between the music of L'arc en Ciel, ORANGE RANGE, Utada Hikaru and Morning Musume.

It's a favorite non-issue argument with Japanophiles, but it's really totally irrelevant.

Sort of like "Is Green Day punk, rock or pop?"

At the end of the day, no one really cares except the little group of internet fanboys and fangirls you're having the argument with.

you dont get it! Do you?
    which part u didnt understand?? i dont care if they call it or not, Is JMusic and if sounds like rock "I" will named it Jrock, If It is bother you Im really sorry but I cant help you!

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arukih View Post
    you dont get it! Do you?
    which part u didnt understand?? i dont care if they call it or not, Is JMusic and if sounds like rock "I" will named it Jrock, If It is bother you Im really sorry but I cant help you!
    I could care less what you call it :P But if you're going to go around correcting people about proper labels and arguing semantics, I'm going to say something.

I wouldn't have said anything at all if you hadn't stepped up to correct someone else about their calling something "j-pop"

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    I could care less what you call it :P But if you're going to go around correcting people about proper labels and arguing semantics, I'm going to say something.

I wouldn't have said anything at all if you hadn't stepped up to correct someone else about their calling something "j-pop"
    this descussion has no point, i didnt correcting anyone coz i didnt said "they are called "Jrocks". as you are a such a claver person please dont waste ur time on me!

Otaku SweetCandy is off to a good start
    Thanks

I like all jpop in general (whether male or female).
    Favs
    -Utada Hikaru
    -Namie amuro
    -Dbsk
    -Rain
    -Ayo Ueto
    -Mike he Xiang
    -Boa
    -Seven

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5