+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jack Thompson Disbarred! Gamers Rejoice!

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Jack Thompson Disbarred! Gamers Rejoice!

Gamers rejoice!

Oh Happy Day!

Violent Video Game Opponent Jack Thompson finally got what was coming too him as the Florida Bar has (finally) disbarred the master of frivolous lawsuits.

Is it finally game over for Florida lawyer and violent video game opponent Jack Thompson? Judgment has been entered in the case that started last year and came to a head when Judge Dava Tunis recommended permanent disbarment for the bombastic, showboating law man. The court has approved the report and has ordered that JT is officially disbarred as of 30 days from today.

The Court approves the corrected referee's report and John Bruce Thompson is permanently disbarred, effective thirty days from the date of this order so that respondent can close out his practice and protect the interests of existing clients. If respondent notifies the Court in writing that he is no longer practicing and does not need the thirty days to protect existing clients, this Court will enter an order making the permanent disbarment effective immediately. Respondent shall accept no new business from the date this order is filed.

Note that Thompson still has a chance for a retrial, only due to court sanctions the motion must me submitted by a member of the Florida Bar in good standing, and I don't know that anyone wants to touch this one. It's also worth noting that along with disbarment, Thompson has been ordered to reimburse the Florida Bar fees amounting to $43,675.35. Ouch.

We've contacted both the Supreme Court of Florida and Jack Thompson for comment and will update the story if both or either respond.

Update Jack Thompson: Thompson Responds To Disbarment

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Jack Thompson Disbarred! Gamers Rejoice!

Well not that anyone was taking him seriously to begin with (I hope) but it's always nice to have it on paper as well.
    Now where's that worldwide Uwe Boll ban I've been waiting for.

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Jack Thompson Disbarred! Gamers Rejoice!

My my my, i never thought it would happen. But it finally did.

If i may quote Ren and Stimpy for a moment: "Happy, happy, joy joy! Happy, happy, joy joy!"

After such ridiculous claims that Bully was a Columbine simulator, i was simply waiting for his paranoia to take him too far. Isn't karam such a b***h?
    Why hello there!

+ Reply to Thread