+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Jet Li & Jackie Chan Joining Forces?

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Jet Li & Jackie Chan Joining Forces?

Do you think Jet Li and Jackie Chan should join forces more often?

I know this may sound a useless question, but then again there is something about this question. I am asking this since i have seen the previews of the new movie "The Forbidden Kingdom" which it will be filmed on April 18, 2008, which is tomorrow. I never thought that these two great martial arts fighter are willing to be joining foces in this new exciting film, since at first i was wondering "what Jet Li, and Jackie Chan together in a movie that was unpredicted." And now this question will be asked to you in exchange for your open minds, and also with anything you are willing to say, so go right ahead.

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

Re: Jet Li & Jackie Chan Joining Forces?

Won't that lessen the anticipation of them having a movie i mean yup the review are great but if they do it often ikinda lessens the value of haveing two legends in one film. maybe this will be the start of a sequel in another two years i don't know about the others but that is just me.
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

No..in my opinion....I do not think that they should be together in the same movie......
    Jet Li's movies and Jackie Chan's movie is like comparing water to fire.....Jet Li movies tend to be much more "extreme" and he has a much different fighting style to him...I do not remember seeing Jet Li in a comedy/ action movie...I can only see him in action/martial arts movie.......Jackie Chan's fighting style is a lot different than of Jet Li..he seems to be much more acrobatic opposed to Jet Li traditional martial arts....
    I do not know how they are going to turn out in this movie..even though the preview looked pretty good...but we shall have to wait and see....maybe I am completely wrong
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Otaku Jewel of Atlantis Champion, Project 156 Champion, Suna Sudoku Champion, Virus 3 Hex Options Champion kaki tori kaizoku is off to a good start kaki tori kaizoku's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    No..in my opinion....I do not think that they should be together in the same movie......
    Jet Li's movies and Jackie Chan's movie is like comparing water to fire.....Jet Li movies tend to be much more "extreme" and he has a much different fighting style to him...I do not remember seeing Jet Li in a comedy/ action movie...I can only see him in action/martial arts movie.......Jackie Chan's fighting style is a lot different than of Jet Li..he seems to be much more acrobatic opposed to Jet Li traditional martial arts....
    I do not know how they are going to turn out in this movie..even though the preview looked pretty good...but we shall have to wait and see....maybe I am completely wrong
    i agree with astaroth. they may be legends but, they r so different. can u imagine jet li doing an action/comedy movie, i just dont see it. ill watch it any way just because jackie chan is in it. he is one of my favourite asian actors that appear on the big screen.

My Youtube My Deviant
    Goal: 363/500 posts to elite member

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kaki tori kaizoku For This Useful Post:

Astaroth (Apr 17, 2008)

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

I saw a clip and a trailer of the forbidden Kingdom and it looked pretty bad to me.
    Very dull.

Newbie Kalancelo is off to a good start Kalancelo's Avatar
    Thanks

Awww..sad to hear that Forbidden Kingdom seems Dull to some people...I think I will still go with some friends to check it out...best way to tell for sure is to see it for yourself and have an opinion of your own...yet again..if it doesnt interest somepeople then they should not waste their money for admition..and even if I like it and come back to say how good it is..its my own taste...just hope that it finds its way to entertain others who come looking for a good martial arts film =)

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Never thought i would see these two in the same movie i will say i am a little surprised that they are .Seeing they both have diffrent styles to which they make there movies/fighting styles.But it will be interesting to see how it plays out during the course of the movie.I'll see it just to see how it all turned out, but ill probably wait till it comes to video for that.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    I totally see where you are coming from on this, but I actually tihnk it'd be interesting. You get some gy doinging traditional Martial Arts and some Acrobatic guy, I say that's going to look pretty interesting. However, before I actually make a final desicion I have to watch the film. And who knows, maybe you're completely right.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast