+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The King of Fighters Movie

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

The King of Fighters Movie

There's been a lot of talk on IMDb regarding the release of 'The King of Fighters' movie. I thought it was simply a rumor, but then then the cast was listed a while back. Now, a preview of the movie has been released. I don't know whether to be excited or disgruntled (as I was with the release of the 'Dragonball' movie).

If you're interested, I've posted a link to the preview and another link for info regarding the movie from IMDb. After going over all that info and seeing the preview, what do you think? Will this turn out to be a good movie? Or, will it be another butchered video game? I'm at a crossroad, personally. I suppose I'll have to wait for the movie to come out for me to make a decent opinion on the movie. Anyway, here's the info I mentioned:

The King of Fighters - MoviesTrailer.org
    The King of Fighters (2010)

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The King of Fighters Movie

Are you serious???

The King of Fighters isn't even that big (in comparison to other fighting games) here in the US!
    It's practically a niche' market only held together by a strong fandom over here!
    Everyone can say they know Mortal Kombat, everyone can say they know Street Fighter, but barely anyone you ask knows what the heck King of Fighters is! Hell, there's more people that know Samurai Showdown than they do King of Fighters!

But seeing the trailer: I wouldn't expect too much out of it. At least the Dragonball movie was so obviously bad and not-even-DBZ that you could toss it behind you.
    This looks more in line with that Street Fighter Chun Li movie.

Who the hell keeps coming out with these films? It's like the 90s all over again! (Street Fighter Movie and Super Mario Bros. Movie anyone?)

Don't bother watchin' it, I say.
    There's no way they're trying to sell that here in the US other than as a product created by a deluded fanboy who thought they could direct the movie.

Who knows, it could be decent. But it'll live up to nothing that King of Fighters is.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Soshi Kitai For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Feb 06, 2010)

Newbie Iceman20153 is off to a good start Iceman20153's Avatar
    Thanks

I totally agree with Soshi Kitai because most fighting games that get made into movies end up being flops. Don't get me wrong the first Mortal Kombat movie wasn't too bad but it could have been better. I personally don't expect much out of this movie either. Now I could be completely wrong but we wont know this untill the movie hits theaters. I have yet to see a video game turned movie that I was really impressed about.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

i have played all king of fighters series and seen the anime version, and i love them both. but this one is seriously undeniably bad, very far from the story itself.
    first off, kyo kusanagi is japanese and a high school student; same as iori yagami. and both are eternal rivals because of their families not a team. and mai is from fatal fury and women team, not with kyo's team, no connection at all.

anyway the king of fighters tournament isn't a secret small competition shown in this god awful trailer, but a prestigious international competition sponsored by billionaire rugal burnstein. so what's kyo's involvement? saysu (kyo's father) was involved with rugal and he has been missing for a very long time. so kyo decided to join with the tournament with his team of combatants (rules of the king of fighters must have teams with 3 members) in search of him. iori joined because it's his destiny to battle kyo. this is the true synopsis of king of fighters, not this one in the trailer's version. this is strike 2 for the hong kong directors already...not another one. honestly, amongst all the fighting games that i've played that has a very unique and dynamic storylines and characters, king of fighters is number 1. screw the movie...watch the ova version.
    Last edited by rematche; Feb 06, 2010 at 08:39 AM.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rematche For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Feb 06, 2010)

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

@Soshi Kitai: Don't even get me started on that crappy Street Fighter movie with Van Damme--or Super Mario Bros. for that matter. Both of those movies were huge disappointments.

I personally feel like if they're gonna make a KOF movie, they need to show Terry Bogard some love and give him a lead role. There would be no King of Fighters tournament if it weren't for 'Fatal Fury'. I'm sure there are more people here in the US that know more about 'Fatal Fury' than they do about KOF. 'Fatal Fury' was the first game to introduce the King of Fighters tournament (hosted by Geese Howard). Why is Terry Bogard the one who has to sit on the wall during all this movie madness? Yeah, he's got a part in the movie, but to what extent? The SHOULD'VE made a movie based on 'Fatal Fury' instead.

I say, "Boo!" to the KOF movie.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    @Soshi Kitai: Don't even get me started on that crappy Street Fighter movie with Van Damme--or Super Mario Bros. for that matter. Both of those movies were huge disappointments.

I personally feel like if they're gonna make a KOF movie, they need to show Terry Bogard some love and give him a lead role. There would be no King of Fighters tournament if it weren't for 'Fatal Fury'. I'm sure there are more people here in the US that know more about 'Fatal Fury' than they do about KOF. 'Fatal Fury' was the first game to introduce the King of Fighters tournament (hosted by Geese Howard). Why is Terry Bogard the one who has to sit on the wall during all this movie madness? Yeah, he's got a part in the movie, but to what extent? The SHOULD'VE made a movie based on 'Fatal Fury' instead.

I say, "Boo!" to the KOF movie.
    true...fatal fury should be first, art of fighting and king of fighters.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rematche View Post
    true...fatal fury should be first, art of fighting and king of fighters.
    Oh, wow!! 'Art of Fighting' would be an AWESOME live-action movie to make!!! ^_^

The reason that KOF is gonna flop is because they're not payin' attention to the story that takes place through each of the tournaments. Originally, KOF was all about the Bogard brothers and they're need to get revenge on Geese Howard (Fatal Fury). Then, KOF had other sponsors throughout the series of games (IE: Rugal, N.E.S.T., etc). If they're gonna make the main focus just Kyo Kusanagi and Iori Yagami, then there really isn't much room for the KOF story. There's more to KOF than Kyo and Iori.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Oh, wow!! 'Art of Fighting' would be an AWESOME live-action movie to make!!! ^_^

The reason that KOF is gonna flop is because they're not payin' attention to the story that takes place through each of the tournaments. Originally, KOF was all about the Bogard brothers and they're need to get revenge on Geese Howard (Fatal Fury). Then, KOF had other sponsors throughout the series of games (IE: Rugal, N.E.S.T., etc). If they're gonna make the main focus just Kyo Kusanagi and Iori Yagami, then there really isn't much room for the KOF story. There's more to KOF than Kyo and Iori.
    true...since there's already an anime movie of it...and it's good.

actually...the kof focus mainly on kyo and iori. the story isn't just the sponsors alone, it's much deeper. the reason why there's kof is because the dark priest goentiz along with his followers shermie, chris, and yashiro wants to resurrect their dark god, orochi. the only way for orochi to be awakened is for certain people with strong chi must be sacrifice to his avatar (chris) to be fully awakened. so where do you find powerful people, simple in kof. as for rugal, and geese? they have dark powers, also known as orochi power and they are obsess of attaining the power of orochi and that can only be attained by submitting to orochi. as for nest? they are in search of a perfect specimen for cloning and marketing them for domination. not to mention, rugal is one of them. not only he wants to posses the orochi power but also wants to rule the world as well along with nest. that's also the reason why rugal keeps resurrecting, because nest keeps creating clones of him. so what's kyo and iori's involvement? kyo's family, the kusanagis are the protector of mankind against the orochi. and as for iori, since he's a yagami, and his family are the first followers of the orochi. so it's an eternal between the kusanagi and yagami, but that only changed when kyo and iori met. iori is actually kyo's brother, how? saysu (kyo's father) wanted to end the family feud by adopting iori. even though it finally ended the family feud, but kyo and iori became be rivals but not enemies, because they are both skilled fighters, and both wants to know which one is the best. since iori doesn't want to be involve with orochi, the followers of orochi established the kof. to find a suitable sacrifice for orochi, to destroy the kusanagi, and the control iori yagami.
    Last edited by rematche; Feb 08, 2010 at 10:09 AM.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast