+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Legacy of Final Fantasy VII

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Legacy of Final Fantasy VII

FFVII was good, I'll give it that. I'll even say that it is one of the many RPGs in my un-official list of 'bests'. BUT, I disagree with ANYONE who says that FFVII is the best RPG ever made!

There are WAY too many great RPGs out there for a 32-bit game that was made back in 1998-1999 to still dominate the fandom census. FFX, for example, blew FFVII out of the water. I haven't even FINISHED FFXII and I think it's vastly greater than VII.

Then there are the games that reside outside of the realm of Final Fantasy. Breath of Fire has got to be one of the best RPG franchises out there. Same with the Mana RPGs (Secret of Mana {also known as Seiken Densetsu}, Seiken Densetsu 2, Sword of Mana, Children of Mana, Heroes of Mana, Dawn of Mana, etc.)

Overall, FFVII is ancient and shouldn't still be the game that sets the bar for avid RPGers. Especially since there are so many RPGs that just hit or haven't hit the shelf yet. Those who give a ridiculous amount of praise to FFVII probably haven't played anything past FFVIII.

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

when it comes to "rpgs outside the FF franchise"...there are lots who could simply equal and even dwarf 7 as a game but not as a pop culture icon...games like the chronos (trigger and cross), star oceans, like the other guy said-the breath of fires and the manas, the valkyrie profiles, just to name a few...and btw, chrono trigger is by far the best rpg i've played...'cept for DnD w/c is a diff'rent thing....

Newbie milh_amethyz may be famous one day milh_amethyz may be famous one day milh_amethyz's Avatar
    Thanks

You should read some of the article's of some senior editors in some site to know whats the best rpg and FF games that where i get some recomendations when i'm planning to buy a PSP/PS3 games because i personally don't know whats the best perfect game but for me it SO:Till The End Of Time a SE game it really puts the PS2 to its full potential as for the FF games there are no best ones some are good though FFVII has an outstanding storyline but its an old-school type rpg, almost all of the FF games in PS1 has the same type of battle system, but when it come with the storyline i vote for FFVII...it contineous from Crisis Core/Before Crisis/Last Order/FFVII(ps1)/Advent Children/and Dirge Of Cerberus i think it ends in DC...

F o c u s i n g O n W a h t ' s I m p o r t a n t

C l e v e r l y S e e i n g T h r o u g h W h a t e v e r I s A h e a d O f M e

Newbie ninryuu is off to a good start ninryuu's Avatar
    Thanks

I really enjoyed playing ffvii, i admit is one of my favourites but it's not the best... there are many other ffviii is other good game but there are many other rpgs that are freat besides the ff series for example the tales of... series (tales of phantasia tales of destiny, etc) kingdom hearts and we can keep going for a long time giving examples
    i think that square-enix keeps releasing games and stuff of ffvii is because it was the first 3d ff, and the story got a lot of side-stories that could be used for others games or movies, let's face it when i played ffvii dc i felt goo playing as vincent and learning more about him or watching ffvii last order it was great watchin fighting zack against sephiroth, and i wouldn't be surprised if they release a game of red xiii or one of sephiroth as the main character...
    Fate is unfair with the pure ones...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2