+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Legend of Dragoon

Newbie *~Cookies&Cream~* may be famous one day *~Cookies&Cream~* may be famous one day *~Cookies&Cream~*'s Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Legend of Dragoon

This is a thread for people out there who love DRAGON games with the medevil stuff and whatnot.Anyways,let me explain this game to the people who have no clue once so ever about it and might be intrested.Ok,You have 7characters you play as with each a dragoon element here i will list them.

Dart:Red eyed dragoon(fire)
    Rose-Purple eyed dragoon(darkness)
    Lavitz-Jade eyed dragoon(wind)
    Shana-Silver White eyed dragoon(light)
    Haschel-purple eyed dragoon(thunder)[i know rose looks the same]
    Meru-Blue eyed dragoon(water/ice)
    King Albert-(same as lavitz..get spirit when lavitz dies
    Kongol-Golden dragoon(earth)

Basically,you start off as Dart for he is your main character in the game he was born in a village called Neet his parents were killed in a fire which is started every 108 years from a so called "Black Monster" who every 108 years comes to find the Moon Child and destroys it so he can take over the world.Well in the beliefs turns out on a window pain in the church is a god of Destruction that i guess no one seems to see and prays to the Moon Child but instead get their houses and stuff burnt to the ground so their pretty much like their ****ed^_^;but anyways you havent seen Shana for forever! and she is your friend but later on gets more into it so yeah Rose is 10,000 year old lady still looking young from the Dragon Campaign verses Winglies which were very powerful people trying to take over the world as well(funny everyone wants power>_>)she gets tooken to a place called Hellena Prison which you gotta break her out with Lavitz joining forces then kick this fatass guy"Frugel" and his lackeys blocking the exit and stuff you'll encounter dragons yes you will! and other dragoons for not right away will you get your dragoon powers and magic stuff but you have to earn or encounter them you see?The final boss is annoying as hell has like 4 forms so if you need any strategy or help on the game please come and ask me^_^

Any Questions?Just talk about the game here i dont care

NOT TO SPOIL IT ITS NOT THE WHOLE GAME SO SORRY IF IT IS^_^;
    Cookies&Cream Dream:by Aaron
    Text in signatures is limited to four lines. Blank lines are also counted towards the text line limit. The max. text size allowed in any signature is size 2.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Legend of Dragoon

Oh my Divine God, it's the best playstation game!! I was never into RPGs, but Legend of the Dragoon and the Final Fantasy games got me into it. I have played throw those 4-discs like 20 times or so... (^_^) The storyline was very engaging and that kept me going all the way. ^^; If you master the Additions for Dart, Haschel and Albert, the final villian, Melbu Framha becomes a piece of cake to defeat.

Oh yeah, I think Meru is very very very hot!
    Last edited by kedar; Sep 22, 2006 at 02:53 PM.

Otaku Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero's Avatar
    Thanks

Now heres a game that never leaves my mind when I think about RPG's. Like you said it was probably one of the best games for playstation at the time. I remember playing it for the first time and hearing that sweet intro music. My favorite thing about the battles was transforming into those awesome dragoons and destroying everything. Except for Julia(not sure if thats the right name, the girl in white) her dragoon never did any damage at all. The healing power was pretty sweet though. Anyway LOD had was one of the finest RPG's I have every played, second or third under FF7 and Crono Cross.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Hero
    Now heres a game that never leaves my mind when I think about RPG's. Like you said it was probably one of the best games for playstation at the time. I remember playing it for the first time and hearing that sweet intro music. My favorite thing about the battles was transforming into those awesome dragoons and destroying everything. Except for Julia(not sure if thats the right name, the girl in white) her dragoon never did any damage at all. The healing power was pretty sweet though. Anyway LOD had was one of the finest RPG's I have every played, second or third under FF7 and Crono Cross.
    ~!!!! I too loved that special power - turning into dragoons. Dear God, Rose's Astral Drain is a super magic power. As for physical powers, I think Albert's Gust of Wind Dance kicks ass. Oh yeah, Chrono Cross is awesome as well. Brings back great memories.

Anyway, I think they even have a movie out for the Legend of Dragoon. ^^

Otaku Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedar View Post
    ~!!!! I too loved that special power - turning into dragoons. Dear God, Rose's Astral Drain is a super magic power. As for physical powers, I think Albert's Gust of Wind Dance kicks ass. Oh yeah, Chrono Cross is awesome as well. Brings back great memories.

Anyway, I think they even have a movie out for the Legend of Dragoon. ^^
    Yeah I remember Alberts Gust of Wind Dance that was a sweet skill. I think I liked Lance better but thats just me. Now that I think about it there were some pretty awesome characters like the orge guy with the axe.

Where did ya here about the LOD movie anyway?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Hero
    Where did ya here about the LOD movie anyway?
    Maybe it was just a rumor. I do not know for sure, but I thought they did. You fell for it?

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

Ooh I loved this game ^^ I played it before I played FFVII, so I didn't have those 'predjudices' towards the game other people sort of had, as you can tell from their 'it-was-a-total-copy-cat' reviews.

But yeah, I really liked the additions system - it made the game a little different, having to memorize all the hit-combos instead of simply pressing 'X' over and over ^-^0 The characters were likeable, though they had their... moments (There were a few times when I would just look at my tv screen in amazement XD). The voice acting...lacked a bit. I suppose I'm most disappointed in Shana's English VA - she hardly had any emotion at all @_@

Lavitz and Rose were probably my favorite characters, while Dart's and Lavitz/Albert's additions were my favorites to memorize and look at visually (While Meru's was just fun to look at and had spunky names =]). I didn't warm up to Miranda's character until the end, and the rest, both characters and their additions were just simply okay (Except Shana/Miranda's... no fun at all XP). The dragoons were a nice feature as well, though I really only used Rose's and Darts the most of the group ^^; I really just liked the transformations themselves, and would waste a turn just to watch them ^.^;;;

With the final battle against Melbu, I believe the first time I used Dart, Rose, and... Albert? It was easy enough, and didn't take as long as I thought it would... though still much longer than Sephiroth in FFVII(who I could hardly believe could go down so quickly ^^;; ).

The cinema-scenes were nicely done, and the music seemed different at first, but I quickly warmed up to it - I have quite a few favorites among the soundtrack ^^ Speaking of which, the main theme song (MTS) 'If You Still Believe' is so beautiful, yet sad T_T It's one of the best MTS I've heard.

You should really mark 'spoilers' in the beginning of your post, Cookies&Cream - just to warn people of the few you mentioned in your first post ^^0
    Last edited by Lil_G135; Sep 22, 2006 at 03:39 PM.
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedar View Post
    Maybe it was just a rumor. I do not know for sure, but I thought they did. You fell for it?
    You got me kedar. I thought you had some kind of inside information that I hadn't heard of. Way to crush my hopes and dreams. lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast