+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lesser Known Metal/Hard Rock Bands

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Lesser Known Metal/Hard Rock Bands

Like the title states, I'm here to ask if anyone here knows of any good lesser known rock bands, and see how much we all have in common.

the things i'd like to hear is:
    (i'm editing the posting rules here because i, like Ketaro, dont want to see this thread become spam)
    1. The name of the band
    2. The country they come from
    3. Why you like them
    4. any similarities to other bands you can mention
    5. interesting stories at concerts of theirs if you've been to one
    6. anything else you'd like to add

For me it has to be Zandelle of the USA. I don't know how well known they are, but there are a band any hard rock lover should check out. They sound like a mix of Iron Maiden and Iced Earth, with some Dragonforce mixed in.

The greater thing about them is that i know the singer. Not personally, but my uncle is friends with him. But in any case they are definately a band worth checking out.
    Last edited by NeoDeath90; Mar 27, 2008 at 09:32 AM.
    Why hello there!

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Lesser Known Metal/Hard Rock Bands

First of all, i want to say thanks to you NeoDeath90 for making this kind of thread. Hopefully, it wont become an spam thread like other threads about bands.

Name of the band: As I Lay Dying.

I started listening to them back in 06. I like them because i like their guitar riffs and the awesome lyrics of their songs. As a matter of fact, when i am pissed off i listen to them to cool down a little. Most of their songs are good sources of motivation to headbang your brain out. ^^

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I've taken a liking to a band called Tankard out of Germany I think? They're basically a thrash metal band, their songs are all fast-paced with relentless drums and guitar especially. All their songs are about beer, it's ridiculous, but I've never been one to pay attention to the lyrics in metal bands anyway, so if you're into heavy stuff, give them a listen.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    First of all, i want to say thanks to you NeoDeath90 for making this kind of thread. Hopefully, it wont become an spam thread like other threads about bands.

Name of the band: As I Lay Dying.

I started listening to them back in 06. I like them because i like their guitar riffs and the awesome lyrics of their songs. As a matter of fact, when i am pissed off i listen to them to cool down a little. Most of their songs are good sources of motivation to headbang your brain out. ^^
    I have to agree with you here. I came across one of their albums last year looking for new stuff and they blew me away.

Band: Adema

A friend of mine referred this band to me and they stuck with me. They fall under alternative rock but alot of their songs can be considered hard rock. Some similarities include Linkin Park and A Perfect Circle.
    Last edited by solking; Mar 27, 2008 at 02:19 PM.

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

1. The name of the band
    L'Amme Immortelle
    Germany
    3. Why you like them
    This ban is amazing i my point of view..they have an amazing lead singer and her voice is stunning and their lyrics (if you know German) are very deep and hardcore
    4. any similarities to other bands you can mention
    Yes, they remind me of Evanescence because Amy Lee and the lead singer voice have such similar voices and styles in singing that it s really hard to tell them apart and they have a very similar genre in rock also........even though Immortelle is more hardcore than Evanescence
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Newbie soulidiumgirl is off to a good start soulidiumgirl's Avatar
    Thanks

Since I love no name bands I could really fill a list here...for now I'll put the one I'm obessed with at the moment.

1. The name of the band
    Soulidium
    The United States, they hail from the state of Flordia
    3. Why you like them
    Because the music is unique and the lead singer has a voice that I simply can't get over. That and they actually talk to their fans which moves them higher in my book.
    4. Any similarities to other bands you can mention
    Soulidium loves listening to their fans and doing things for them, kind of like Linkin Park. They have amazing stage presence, which remind me of Slipknot.
    5. Interesting stories at concerts of theirs if you've been to one
    I heard Mike did an entire concert just surfing the crowd....now that takes talent.
    6. Anything else you'd like to add
    If any of you are curious about them, check out their purevolume site. Soulidium (Offical) on purevolume™ ..... they also have a myspace too.
    Last edited by soulidiumgirl; Mar 29, 2008 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Had to fix my spelling

Otaku mere is off to a good start mere's Avatar
    Thanks

I would have to say suffokate, I don't know if it is well known where u live, but it isn't here.
    I like their instromentals, if u like canibal corps and as i lay dying, I think you will like this band it is kinda a median between the two.

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

ok, let's give this thread a shot in the arm, after all it hasn't been a month since the last post. (wow, im actually learning my lesson!)

A band i like is called Avulsion (i believe)

they are a chinese metal band, with an insane female singer. her gutteral voice and unnatural growling is an awesome addition to the slow, yet heavy guitar riffs. look up "chinese metal" on youtube to learn more.

similarities include- hmmmm.......maximum the hormone, arch enemy, mastadon.......idk any others
    Why hello there!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast