+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Linkin Park

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Linkin Park

Well on the brighter side...
    They chaanged their songs/tunes/melody/sounds because they were pretty concerned about the fact that they always sounded the same before, making it easy for other bands to copy them. If you go to youtube and search for "Minutes Till Midnight" by Linkin Park, they say they were working with Rick, and he told them to do everything that came into their mind. Play different instruments, different voices, whatever. And then compare them. So they came up with a 150 different work and a lot of them were crap. Also they mention that Rick adviced them to be more open, and do what's right, not what sounds right and be something that people would expect.
    Just give them a chance. Try listening to "What I've done". It might help calm you down O_o...

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerman View Post
    have any of you guys heard linkin park latley? they have changed there sound and do not sound the same anymore. if you herd it, what do you think of the new change?
    While it isn't the Linkin Park we grew up loving, they are good in their own right. If it weren't already Linkin Park, the band would be "the next big thing."

YouTube - Linkin Park - What I've Done - New song. Good song. Good message.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    terrible. disgusting. shitty. horrible. these are just some words that come to mind when i hear this album. where did mr. hahn go? did he juist sit in the back and watch the recording process? and where did the guitar riffs go? did the guy get bored and tired aznd decide to stop playing? and what happened to mike shinoda? singing gospel? my hands are not held high. they're down low throwing this album in a fire barrel and lighting a match. i dunno about everyone else, but i got my razor out and started slashing. valentine's day didn't hurt as much until i heard the song. my wrists cried a river of blood for days. linkin park now sounds emo enough to be classified under the emo genre. WTF HAPPENED!?!?!?!?!? they should just put a counter on their website constantly going up as to how many fans they've lost with this product.
    Well, aren't we just a bright ray of sunshine.

Some of your points are valid, but I would hardly consider the band emo, considering that a good majority of the bands songs from other albums (Numb, breaking the habit, crawling) could all be considered emo by your explanation.

You can't expect a band to keep putting out the same type of music album after album. Musicians are artist, and above all, people. And people change over time. Lets not forget that its been a number of years in between albums, and to not expect them to change musically would be pure stupidity.

Take Metallica for example. I love their music, but quite frankly, St. Anger sucked. did I just stop listening to the band cause one album sucked, no.

I personally like the album, but yes, its not as good as Meteora, which I consider their best, it is a good listen. The lyrics are thought provoking and I found the lyrics of Hands Held High, Valentines Day, and In Pieces to be quite moving. why don't you sit down with a pair head phones and the liner notes and LISTEN to the album, and you'll get what I mean.

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

nope, dont like it. Almost sounds like they're going emo. Anyways it's too slow for my liking. When I think LP, i wanna be thinking rock, not this hip-hop/pop thing going on. Minutes to Midnight is just, doesnt do it for me anymore. When I heard their new song Qwerty, I thought yes, LP are coming back and will be better! But they just gonna lose a section of their fans who loved their rock music.

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Otaku tifa4cloud may be famous one day tifa4cloud may be famous one day tifa4cloud's Avatar
    Thanks

No does that mean the album is bad maybe i shouldnt buy it and emo............ um no i dont think so i think i would like them more if they were

thank you equinn

Otaku rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai's Avatar
    Thanks

I love Linkin Park. I have all of their cds except the newest one. I have heard a lot of the new songs though. They are really different from what they use to do. Though, I suspected it was going to be and I was ready for and all. They siad that it was going to be more pop. I still want the new cd even though I really dont like rap (beasty Boys are an exception) or hip hop.. just rock but I like these guys! One of my favorites since like forever! When I was a child I use to listen to them and really loved it!
    Thank you Lasura!
    My lover speaks; and he says, 'Arise my beloved my beautiful one and come!' -Song of Songs 2:10

Otaku PunkAngel7 may be famous one day PunkAngel7 may be famous one day PunkAngel7's Avatar
    Thanks

Disclaimer:
    First off didn't read anyone else's post sooo If im repeating it im sorry!
    but
    you can't really base Linkin Park [[or their album]] on ONE song you heard. Each song has its own personality. Honestly they really hadn't changed that much. but they made / Makes their songs MILES away from each other. each member wrote their own songs with really no other members' help they just voted on what was good or better.
    You wouldn't know a good thing
    if it came up and slit your throat

Otaku Mini Pool 2 Champion, England turkey bowling Champion Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

I still like their music as new as it may be. Their new song What I've Done is interesting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast